BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) 23/12/23

It's a feeble excuse for Szmodics not to play - I bet Ismael is delighted that the Championship top scored is out. They have just had a week between games, I could understand it if he had been left out when we have had Saturday, midweek, Saturday games but not now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There was a clear opportunity at 2 down with 10 men at Southampton to take him off, as well as in recent home games where Tomasson has chose not to so I do wonder if this could have been managed better.

Cant see us offering much threat in his absence.

I can still see Markanday filling the number 10 role.

I hope not but I think he will play Garrett instead, which is a monumental downgrade. Id either stick Travis next to Wharton ahead of Tronstad but neither are naturals when expected to go further forward. The alternative is trying to get Moran in his natural position but the only option out wide would be Markanday. 

There is also another unnamed doubt. I wonder if its a centre back with Hyam getting minutes.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I hope not but I think he will play Garrett instead, which is a monumental downgrade. Id either stick Travis next to Wharton ahead of Tronstad but neither are naturals when expected to go further forward. The alternative is trying to get Moran in his natural position but the only option out wide would be Markanday. 

There is also another unnamed doubt. I wonder if its a centre back with Hyam getting minutes.

Markanday is poor out wide. He is more dangerous through the middle of the forward line similar to Szmodic

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He has never from memory played through the middle.

When playing for the U23s he always looked most dangerous when he drifted inside. I suspect the reason he hasn't been picked in his best position, is because there are other players already filling that position. 

22 minutes ago, rigger said:

When playing for the U23s he always looked most dangerous when he drifted inside. I suspect the reason he hasn't been picked in his best position, is because there are other players already filling that position. 

There has never been any suggestion that either the club nor he has seen him as a number 10.

He is a typical modern day wide man, likes to cut in. Hes just not very good.

Szmods has been looking increasingly knackered for weeks and as i and many said on here there should have been a lot of fresh legs started at Saints.

JDT leaves a lot to be desired with things like this.

Hopefully Ennis pulls his finger out the 45 mins he might get a run out !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There has never been any suggestion that either the club nor he has seen him as a number 10.

He is a typical modern day wide man, likes to cut in. Hes just not very good.

I am giving my opinion on what I have seen. I might be right or wrong, but it is my opinion. What are you basing your opinion on ?

Edited by rigger

48 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think Travis for Szmodics and have more of a midfield 3 tomorrow.

Maybe Wharton a bit further forward.

Yeah without Szmodics we could go for a proper 433 which will suit Travis.

I guess team could be

Leo

Hill.     Carter.      Hyam.   Pickering

Travis.   Tronstad.   Wharton

Markanday    Ennis.    Sigurdsson 

Not the most fearsome forward line...

19 minutes ago, rigger said:

I am giving my opinion on what I have seen. I might be right or wrong, but it is my opinion. What are you basing your opinion on ?

Hes never played there before, and the type of player is (left footed, likes to start wide cut in) suits the modern winger role.

Ultimately either way, his biggest issue is a lack of ability.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes never played there before, and the type of player is (left footed, likes to start wide cut in) suits the modern winger role.

Ultimately either way, his biggest issue is a lack of ability.

He hasn't got a lack of ability. I would say he lacks pace, and an ability to play as a winger. He makes good central positional moves, and has a good shot. I would say shooting is one our biggest let-downs.

• Like 1

Needless to say, SS will be a huge miss.

Surely, surely, surely, the match at Southampton should have been his rest when there was an almost certainty about the outcome.

I just hope Rovers aren't 'protecting' him in advance of an imminent sale when the window opens.  Nothing would surprise given how our club is, IMO, so appallingly run and bereft of ambition.

Sadly, Watford to win without the inspirational SS.  I really think we will struggle tomorrow.

Edited by Mercer

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Needless to say, SS will be a huge miss.

Surely, surely, surely, the match at Southampton should have been his rest when there was an almost certainty about the outcome.

I just hope Rovers aren't 'protecting' him in advance of an imminent sale when the window opens.  Nothing would surprise given how our club is, IMO, so appallingly run and bereft of ambition.

Sadly, Watford to win without the inspirational SS.  I really think we will struggle tomorrow.

I don't think thomasson would go along with saying something like that to protect him for a sale tbh

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

🎣🎣🎣🎣

• Like 1