BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) 23/12/23

4 hours ago, philipl said:

Watford scored two 30 yarders into the far corners and PNE turned Father Christmas for at least one of the others. One goal was slick passing and movement but PNE played statues.

So yes a fantastic result for Watford and there is a risk we will lose as badly if we turn in our worst performance of the season.

Hopefully the Fans Takeover motivates the players to turn it on. I really hope the Blackburn public are responding appropriately to this initiative. If they don't, any hope of the club risking lower prices to boost attendance goes out of the window.

Interesting talking to North end fans who were very confused with the result. They said they should've been a 3 or 4 nil up at half time and let they back into the game which they then ran away with.

Good job we're very clinical then isn't it

I'm putting Watfords win at Preston down to the craziness of this league and anyone can whoop anyone one if they catch them off guard.

Hell we once won 5-0 at Sheff Weds even under Mowbray.

PNE aren't as bad as that scoreline and Watford aren't as good as it, a bit of a fluke once off but no doubt a great confidence booster.  If they come and have a go it suits us more although if they press high and we fanny around and give the usual gift away anything could happen.

Edited by tomphil

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Had a listen - really liked it! The watford guys seem like a nice bunch. One of the best things in recent years imo are the growth of fan podcasts. Great way of feeling connected to fans across the game.

Any plans for BRFCS or other Rovers fan podcasts to do a similar sort preview with opposition fans?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Had a listen - really liked it! The watford guys seem like a nice bunch. One of the best things in recent years imo are the growth of fan podcasts. Great way of feeling connected to fans across the game.

Any plans for BRFCS or other Rovers fan podcasts to do a similar sort preview with opposition fans?

The DNSYE guys have become great football buddies, really enjoy going on their show.

We don’t have concrete plans to do that sort of show as yet, mainly because of the workload involved -  a weekly show would essentially takes 3-4 hours each week (including recording, editing, promotion) & of course ties up a host/editor each & every week.

If we get to a point where our contributor pool is sufficiently large, willing to do it & able to do it (technically) then it would be great to produce something like that for sure.

• Like 1

Fan Takeover Eve Eve

Getting that mixture of excitement and anticipation now, looking forward to a fuller Ewood and hopefully some renewed credit with the powers that be at the club.

Lots of hard work going on behind the scenes in several areas......keeping everything crossed it all goes to plan on Saturday.

Any guesses on crowd levels? 18k would be fabulous as Mike Graham said. Dare we dream for 20k? 

• Like 1

I’ll go 18k. 16.5k-ish home fans.

Which would be 7,000+ walk-ons, more than double what you’d have had for a £25-£30 Category B game.

As always, we won’t be seeing really big gates (I.e 20k plus) for such games until we have a bigger ST base to build the gate from.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Blackburn fans’ in the headline there, you can tell that the LT is sub-edited nowhere near East Lancs these days (south Wales).

It's that Sheff Weds lad who is the reporter now he's always using 'Blackburn' in his reports.

Why the hell they can't actually find a local reporter to do the job is bizarre but probably done on purpose.

It’s both him and the subbies.

I kind of understand why he does it, as I’m pretty sure you are taught in journo school to not keep repeating the same proper nouns. So not ‘Rovers’ over and over again. OK, so mix it up with ‘the Blues’, ‘the club’ then. Though Sharpe just kept it to Rovers.

The headlines are the job of the sub-editors and they won’t have a clue either way.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Fan Takeover Eve Eve

Getting that mixture of excitement and anticipation now, looking forward to a fuller Ewood and hopefully some renewed credit with the powers that be at the club.

Lots of hard work going on behind the scenes in several areas......keeping everything crossed it all goes to plan on Saturday.

Any guesses on crowd levels? 18k would be fabulous as Mike Graham said. Dare we dream for 20k? 

Then it’s over to the players to put in a performance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

When was the last time we put in a good performance/win in front of a bumper home turnout? Always a load of anticipation for games like this… then let down.

I’ve seen more bad performances than good under these circumstances so I’m not getting my hopes up. The West Ham game back in the 1960’s was the first for me but by no means the last.