BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) 23/12/23

On 16/12/2023 at 10:33, Mike Graham said:

Exactly.  Just over a week ago we had sold more than we would normally sell up to 2 days before a game.  Most tickets are sold in the 48 hours before a game. We had sold just over 12,000 at 09:30 yesterday morning.  I know of a couple of people who have not got round to buying yet.  Thank goodness it is not a digital only game 😞

If such things are any guide, Watford took 898 away fans to Preston yesterday ....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

True, but also not the last Saturday before Christmas either, with family pressures and commitments ... " I need some help this weekend, you've done nothing about Christmas and it's your mother who's coming, you know ! " etc, etc ... 😁

Reply : It's your job woman, I'm off to the footy (In a cockney accent).

• Like 4

Think how we setup will be interesting. Given the state of our squad this run of four games in nine days is a big stretch. Travis, Garrett, Markanday, Ennis and Telelovic are all going to have to major role to play.

For what it's worth I would maybe  go \; 

Leo

Hill      Carter      Wharton  Pickering

Tronstad      Wharton     

Garrett    Szmodics     Sigurdsson

Ennis

I would go with the strongest team off the back of a full week and then take it game by game. Sadly, there is little scope for any rotation due to basically all of our subs being a huge downgrade.

Wahlstedt

Hill Carter Hyam Pickering

Tronstad Wharton

Moran Szmodics Sigurdsson

Ennis

Then for the Huddersfield game, you are struggling to rotate really. Travis is the obvious one, but in our strongest position where playing him without a change of shape means dropping one of our best 2 players. Leonard for Ennis who can barely do 2 games in a year, never mind in 4 days. Scott Wharton and Brittain having stewed on his own idiocy for a few days, but youd want to keep the same shape, hopefully the Brittain as a winger experiment has been ditched, and defence isnt the main position youd want to rotate. Slim pickings.

At least with Britain suspended JDT can’t play him up front anymore.

Given our home form and Watford’s result last Saturday we will get beat.

But it’s the hope that makes us fans keep coming so let’s hope we get an early Christmas present and the first convincing win of the season. Be nice to do it in front of a big crowd and maybe entice some people back again too.

• Like 1

IMG_0497.thumb.jpeg.35aed6e282f8873fbe113a8f55f2a6a1.jpeg

We’re giving away some freebies in the fanzone. We’re also selling our gift membership packs.

£15 gets you a retro scarf, your certificate and card, and all the usual perks of membership. Good last minute gift for the Rovers fans in your life, plus it helps us to continue doing things like this.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, roverblue said:

But it’s the hope that makes us fans keep coming so let’s hope we get an early Christmas present and the first convincing win of the season.

4-0 away against QPR wasn't convincing? Or 3-0 Stoke? Beating Norwich 3-1 with ten men?

• Like 1

We've won the last 2 at home, so I'm hopeful we are turning a corner with home form.

Watford have improved a lot recently, I think this one could be a draw, as unlikely as draws are with Rovers these days.

The team I'd go with:

Wahlstedt

Hill     Carter     S. Wharton     Pickering

Tronstad     A. Wharton

Szmodics

Moran         Ennis         Sigurdsson

29 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

We've won the last 2 at home, so I'm hopeful we are turning a corner with home form.

Watford have improved a lot recently, I think this one could be a draw, as unlikely as draws are with Rovers these days.

The team I'd go with:

Wahlstedt

Hill     Carter     S. Wharton     Pickering

Tronstad     A. Wharton

Szmodics

Moran         Ennis         Sigurdsson

Last one, not two.

Watford scored two 30 yarders into the far corners and PNE turned Father Christmas for at least one of the others. One goal was slick passing and movement but PNE played statues.

So yes a fantastic result for Watford and there is a risk we will lose as badly if we turn in our worst performance of the season.

Hopefully the Fans Takeover motivates the players to turn it on. I really hope the Blackburn public are responding appropriately to this initiative. If they don't, any hope of the club risking lower prices to boost attendance goes out of the window.

• Like 1