BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) 23/12/23

52 minutes ago, Silas said:

I'm in a full on strop about it. Particularly when you have people like Shearer ridiculing game fatigue recently. 

Edit for reference:

Shearer looks knackered in that clip, probably played to many games, if only they’d have had sports science.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silas said:

Am I the only one throwing my toys out the pram about Szmodics?

If the fans have put all this effort into getting a good crowd in the stadium, seems a bit of a gut punch to then not let them see The Championship top scorer in action. 

Particularly for such a poxy reason. Couldn't care less about the sports science. 

Rest him the next 2 games if need be. You've got 'new faces' here, and the idea is to entice them back.

I'm in a full on strop about it. Particularly when you have people like Shearer ridiculing game fatigue recently. 

Edit for reference:

I suspect there is more than meets the eye to this story.

Perhaps Szmodics has approached JDT and requested to be left out.

He’s recently withdrawn from the Ireland squad for family reasons. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I suspect there is more than meets the eye to this story.

Perhaps Szmodics has approached JDT and requested to be left out.

He’s recently withdrawn from the Ireland squad for family reasons. 

Fair enough, hadn't considered off field issues, and was taking it at face value.

I've had a crap week though, and seeing Markanday and Ennis on the teamsheet a few pages back has sucked all the Xmas cheer out of me.

And I've really rooted for Markanday. Thought he could be a Championship Salah. 😂😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silas said:

Fair enough, hadn't considered off field issues, and was taking it at face value.

I've had a crap week though, and seeing Markanday and Ennis on the teamsheet a few pages back has sucked all the Xmas cheer out of me.

And I've really rooted for Markanday. Thought he could be a Championship Salah. 😂😂

Yes, with all the good work being done by the supporters groups, I was looking forward to seeing more occupied seats and a better atmosphere.

The Szmodics news has deflated my anticipation.

We need an unlikely hero or two tomorrow 🙏

• Like 2

Pleasantly surprised with the attendance. Wasn’t overly confident we’d see a decent gate looking at the seat map earlier in the week. Can’t have been many home crowds this size since the Oxford game. Bournemouth at home a couple of years ago when they opened half the Darwen End perhaps. Be good to see the BBE upper open again but with the amount of seats in the Riverside left I can see why they won’t for tomorrow.

There won’t be significantly lower STs on the back of this whatever happens. We’ve had odd tenner games throughout his time here. I enjoy it for what it is, a well populated, but a one off well populated Ewood.

He will see it the same way, not a chance he’s taking a single risk re potentially missing his ST revenue targets, why would he? He’ll be gone soon enough in the grand scheme of things, doesn’t want to miss out on that bonus. The long term health of the support base means feck all to him.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

It maybe that as a result of Szmodics running himself into the ground he has picked up a virus which has left him fatigued, which is quite common.

It also gives JDT another opportunity to make his point to the hierarchy about out threadbare squad.

Agree with the second bit, and it had crossed my mind.

Don’t think so re - the first part. If he was ill I think they would  have just come out and said so.

I wouldn't start Hyam and use him off the bench with Huddersfield and Hull games in mind. 

I would start Moran on the right and Garrett in certain midfield with Wharton and Tronstad. more of a 4-3-3 then 4-2-3-1 formation.

Wahlstedt

Hill Carter Wharton Pickering 

Wharton Tronstad Garrett

Moran Leonard Sigurdsson

8 hours ago, Ben-2000 said:

There would need to be some kind of 'wow factor' to significantly increase ST sales. 

Sadly it isn't going to happen anytime soon, however I do applaud any attempt of trying.

the wow factor is having JDT as head coach and a squad playing a good attacking style of play with good young players 

7 hours ago, rigger said:

I can still see Markanday filling the number 10 role.

I deffo don't 

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Over 20K home fans at Bolton tomorrow. 

Well they get 18/19 k every home game anyway so hardly groundbreaking given they have over 15k ST holders.

Adult ST behind goal like BBE was about 299, ours 429.

Not rocket science.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Well they get 18/19 k every home game anyway so hardly groundbreaking given they have over 15k ST holders.

Not rocket science.

£219 early bird… pretty much the same as our HALF season ticket.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Not rocket science.

Agreed, but that is still great support for League One .

A key factor is that Bolton’s supporters clearly have faith in their club’s direction and level of ambition.

• Like 3

They now have more ST holders in the third division  than they had for a load of their PL seasons. Vastly reduced prices and a club that *actually* engages their support shows what’s possible and what fans will get behind.

Our day will come, Christ knows when like.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't start Hyam and use him off the bench with Huddersfield and Hull games in mind. 

I would start Moran on the right and Garrett in certain midfield with Wharton and Tronstad. more of a 4-3-3 then 4-2-3-1 formation.

Wahlstedt

Hill Carter Wharton Pickering 

Wharton Tronstad Garrett

Moran Leonard Sigurdsson

Leonard ? I’m sorry but that’s like playing with 10 players.

Leo

Hill.            Carter         Wharton.        Pickering

Tronstad.       Travis 

Moran.                    Wharton.            Sigurdsson

Ennis 

Waggot dropped an absolute clanger with the pricing of ST’s of that there is no doubt. Bolton fans are as fickle as any but a team with a good chance of promotion and an ST at £229 almost sells itself. If only our hierarchy understood basic marketing and sales strategy. 

At £250 for BBE we’d sell 15k, nailed on, 25 quid a month (10 months), it’s cheaper than a 4 man round and a couple of bags of crisps!

• Like 2