BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds Utd (h) - 9/12/23

10 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

When we play well, it's nice to watch admittedly. When we don't play so well, I find the style frustrating to say the least, with the tippy tappying around the back and the continual 10 yard passing to nowhere.

Tomasson is doing an amazing job though, all things considered, But he's not beyond criticism, and for me the biggest one is his insistence on playing the 'style' no matter what. Sometimes, for example when you're on an atrocious home run, you have to be a tad more pragmatic and look to grind out a draw or two. It's sh!t or bust with Tomasson.

We signed players to play a style of play and we are playing it very well. We don't have the squad to play direct or defensive football

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We signed players to play a style of play and we are playing it very well. We don't have the squad to play direct or defensive football

I disagree.

Up until 18 months ago, our whole squad - from juniors through U23s through to the first team - played a completely different style of footlball.

The fact that they've learnt to play tippy-tappy since Tomasson arrived, proves that they are adaptable to different styles to some degree of success. 

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, rigger said:

I haven't watched Villa this season, do they also play the passing around at the back tactic ?

Yes and it works for them extremely well. Martinez to rb back across 6 yard line to CB dropped back to lb position and further left to Digne near the touch line and first time up the line to Watkins or McGinn. If opponents push wide right to block that move, Martinez pings it to the inevitably unmarked Villa player on half way on the right.

On 10/12/2023 at 09:58, Wheelton Blue said:

When we play well, it's nice to watch admittedly. When we don't play so well, I find the style frustrating to say the least, with the tippy tappying around the back and the continual 10 yard passing to nowhere.

Tomasson is doing an amazing job though, all things considered, But he's not beyond criticism, and for me the biggest one is his insistence on playing the 'style' no matter what. Sometimes, for example when you're on an atrocious home run, you have to be a tad more pragmatic and look to grind out a draw or two. It's sh!t or bust with Tomasson.

The biggest criticism is his reluctance to use subs.

I know the players on the bench aren't as good, but Szmodics is dying on his feet out there - take him off for his own good.

• Like 3