BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds Utd (h) - 9/12/23

Just now, arbitro said:

I noticed some fighting in the corner of the Riverside followed by a few ejections. It's crazy to me that some Rovers fans will jeopardise other supporters safety.

only handbags,3 leeds scrotes were being marched down the riverside steps on their way to being ejected and one of them took a right hander to the head,serves you right if you start parading around the home stands

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, J*B said:

Is there anything in your opinion that the club does do wrong, Mike?

Someone is going to get life changing injuries because of fighting between home and away fans in the stands. If that happens it’s entirely the clubs fault - they need to be better at sales (note they said no sales on the day today, but then did anyway), much better at security (which costs actual money) and much better at tracking down every last one of your acquaintances buying tickets for away fans. 

Which stand(s) was the trouble in today Josh? I’m away for the weekend so was watching on the telly?

I’ve witnessed several incidents in the Riverside of incredibly poor security/stewarding in the last couple of seasons. Supporters asking for assistance being completely ignored, stewards going off hiding rather than confronting rule breaking, not addressing anything that is unsafe. In fact I can’t remember the last time I saw them do anything within their job description. Fortunately it’s never been anything major, but I said at the Burnley game last season that if any of their lot had got in there would be real trouble because the stewards would be totally incapable and unwilling to deal with it. The one good thing I have seen lately was in the JW upper at one of the league cup games where a steward (young lad of about 18/19) asked some kids to stop running across the back of the stand in a patient and appropriate manner outlining why it was dangerous.

5 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Given the.. 

Budget

Our owners / lack of ambition and direction 

Injuries 

Our attendances 

We are doing brilliant, today we went toe to toe with a very good team, their quality shone through.. 

Personally really enjoying the effort and skill / way the team is playing, feel very proud of the boys... will be gutted once JDT moves on.

Summed up perfectly.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Rovers fans buying tickets for Leeds fans in home areas? That contravenes the ticketing regulations and in the past I think Rovers have banned supporters for doing this. It is irresponsible and simply shouldn't happen. You are right about it being difficult for the club but the Rovers fans doing it are bang out of order.

Preventing it might be difficult but what should be easy is…

Throwing them out.

Identifying who bought them the ticket.

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

only handbags,3 leeds scrotes were being marched down the riverside steps on their way to being ejected and one of them took a right hander to the head,serves you right if you start parading around the home stands

But it shouldn't happen and somebody could get hurt. If any Rovers fans have bought those tickets for the three Leeds fans they should be banned.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Preventing it might be difficult but what should be easy is…

Throwing them out.

Identifying who bought them the ticket.

Or don't buy tickets for away fans in home areas. The responsibility lies with the idiot who bought them.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I noticed some fighting in the corner of the Riverside followed by a few ejections. It's crazy to me that some Rovers fans will jeopardise other supporters safety.

To me it's crazy that, in 2023, supporters can't sit or stand safely wherever they want. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Was one of them this fella?

image.png.b42b4d3864b1e6586819beadfc73aa97.png

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The perspective I meant was how much the Leeds team cost against ours. They have parachute payments and in August could afford to turn down a near £19m offer for Gnonto. 

Leeds weren't great because we didn't allow them to be. For long periods we were their equal and at times better.

You are correct about having your right to an opinion but others have too.

I respect your opinion enough though not assume youve lost all perspective.

My main point is about a lack of quality and it was my prediction going into the game, they had a far more expensively put together attacking line plus subs and that of course was the difference. You would expect them to win and out class us and they did. 

I dont think we played that well though. We didnt create (aside from the half chance for Sigurdsson's header) anything really due to poor decision making/lack of quality in the final third. Brittain is simply not a winger, we lack ready made quality up front and Moran is neat and tidy and can create (not much today) but doesnt offer a goal threat. We are so reliant on Szmodics and he was not at his best today. Thats seperate to Leeds quality at the other end, we didnt do very well going forward and its a common theme due not to lack of effort but a lack of quality.

They obviously scored 2 goals, there was some preventability in the build up and then both goals were well set up and superbly finished. Jitters in our back line saw Carter most obviously but also Wahlstedt and Wharton nearly hand them further chances unnecessarily.

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Was kind of my point!

We’ve seen parachutes for years, obviously, but this season’s lot have ridiculous squads in comparison the the rest of the paupers in the division.

Yeah, it was always going to be tough with the 3 relegated teams being up in the Prem for a good few years prior. 
Should Leicester, Leeds and Saints go back up first time and Luton, Sheffield Utd and Burnley come down (as it’s looking in terms of relegation) then the league will feel a lot weaker next season. 
We desperately need some investment though. Just imagine if we gave JDT £5m-£10m to build around the strong areas we already have. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

Just now, superniko said:

Yeah was always going to be tough with the 3 relegated teams being up in the Prem for a few years. 
Should Leicester, Leeds and Saints go back up first time and Luton, Sheffield Utd and Burnley come down (as it’s looking) then the league will feel a lot weaker next season. 
We desperately need some investment though. Just imagine if we gave JDT £5m-£10m to build around the strong areas we already have. 

i`de spend it all on a centre forward,it`s our biggest failing,after today id`e push wharton further forward and play with two holding midfielders,someone has to sit it when we lose the ball

12 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i`de spend it all on a centre forward,it`s our biggest failing,after today id`e push wharton further forward and play with two holding midfielders,someone has to sit it when we lose the ball

We are not one player light though, we dont have enough players. We are really light out wide, Sigurdsson has had a mixed start, Moran is more of a central player and Markanday is not good enough. We possibly need 2 strikers but at least one. And we could do with more experience elsewhere.

If we suddenly got money, it would be wreckless to just spend it on one player.

Said at half time, it's like an FA cup game and we've been drawn at home against a Premier league team. 

Good effort today, some good football but if you don't shoot you don't score. It's time for Markanday to get a run in place of Brittain in my opinion,he offers little if anything going forward. 

As someone said earlier, 2 points off the play offs at this stage, considering the circumstances is a cracking effort. 

• Like 1