BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds Utd (h) - 9/12/23

2 minutes ago, Chris Whittys Barber said:

I've just been told it was Lancashire Police who said if Rovers are giving Leeds 7,400 tickets then it's 12.30 kick off. If it's 3pm then you can only let them have 4,000 tickets.I

Please tell me this is a wind up ?

Preston came on a Friday night the other week without restrictions. 

yes,it`s a load of swolloks,it`s an early kick off because of leeds reputation,not a good idea to have 7000 drunk yorkshiremen rampaging through blackburn town centre,they caused a lot of trouble in town last time we played them at ewood,early kick off means they can`t get popped up in the pubs round blackburn

• Like 1

🤭

😆 mate I'm 55 years old and followed my club home and abroad since the early 80s.

By trouble do you mean a Christmas Tree in the Postal Order getting pulled down

🤔 Preston came on a Friday night recently. 

Will any boozers be open on Livesey Branch Road early on Saturday ? 10 ish ? Got 2 mini buses full of thirsty lads and don't fancy Spoons in Blackburn again 

Edited by Chris Whittys Barber

This reputation that Leeds have, is it justified? Or is this just a bunch of pissed up lads givin it the big un and a few fist fights?

There is a lot of vilification of football fans. It's all fine and dandy to wage illegal wars and commit genocide, but give someone a slap on a Saturday afternoon and you're the scum of the earth.

Anyway, Rovers 2-1 LEYDZ

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

When was the last time there was No trouble when playing Leeds at home? 

I can't remember that's for sure. Not to tar them all with the same brush of course but they have a large element of fucking "not rights" intent on causing bother. 

What constitutes trouble though?

What have they actually done?

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Leeds Utd (h) - 9/12/23 - k/o 12.30
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic
6 hours ago, WacoRover said:

I’m assuming it is, therefore…

We won't defeat Leeds. I should say, we CANNOT defeat Leeds. Simply not the bodies. Another 1-3 shellacking. 

Can't see us getting anything out of this one but we are quite capable of pulling a rabbit out of the hat when we least expect it.

• Like 1

This has 0-2 Leeds written all over it - we're very stretched and missing too many key players for a game like this.

Travis will be back in the mix after his suspension which is good, hopefully we get a few more players back soon enough!

Elliott Jackson posted an injury list ~3 weeks ago, with the following possible return dates for those injured (at the time);

Aynsley Pears - End of November
Dominic Hyam - December
Sam Gallagher - December
Joe Rankin-Costello - February
Ryan Hedges - February
Sam Barnes - Unknown

Since then we've also had the following injuries;

Tyrhys Dolan - should be back around February
Niall Ennis - small knock, back soon?
Arnór Sigurðsson - small knock, back soon?

With a bit of luck, the likes of Pears, Hyam, Gallagher, Ennis and Siggy will be back on the grass soon and ready in a week or two 🤞

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

I thought we looked tired Saturday as other people said in that thread. Still not sure why he didn't chuck Garret on after his stellar cameo previously. Hopefully with no mid-week game we'll be a bit more like our enthusiastic selves. Still think this will be a tough game though. Thought Moran looked particularly off it in the Sheffield game so could potentially bench Brittain but then sub him on for Moran at half time if he's looking leggy again. I thought Leonard looked good and used his body well last time out which gives us something different up top but do feel Dolan's pressing is better and really helps us get on the front foot so that's a loss.    

• Like 1

I fear a bitter of a hammering here. Dan james pace will give Pickering nightmares and with the squad and amount of games we have and have had I think it’s a stretch to far to expect anything from this. 3-0 leeds

Edited by Oldgregg86

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

This has 0-2 Leeds written all over it - we're very stretched and missing too many key players for a game like this.

Travis will be back in the mix after his suspension which is good, hopefully we get a few more players back soon enough!

Elliott Jackson posted an injury list ~3 weeks ago, with the following possible return dates for those injured (at the time);

Aynsley Pears - End of November
Dominic Hyam - December
Sam Gallagher - December
Joe Rankin-Costello - February
Ryan Hedges - February
Sam Barnes - Unknown

Since then we've also had the following injuries;

Tyrhys Dolan - should be back around February
Niall Ennis - small knock, back soon?
Arnór Sigurðsson - small knock, back soon?

With a bit of luck, the likes of Pears, Hyam, Gallagher, Ennis and Siggy will be back on the grass soon and ready in a week or two 🤞

Think the latest from Jackson (last week) was that only Ennis and Hyam were close to returning and they were still at least 2 weeks away. That was before Siggy got injured so no idea on him. 

Think our late game collapse habit will strike again here against another side with real strength in key areas.

Need to be a few goals in front plus the coaching staff need to up their game in regards to subs and late game management with clearly fatigued players. Not so easy when the bench is devoid of experience and quality but against Brum and in some ways Nob End it really was a question of fresh legs and instruction to keep the shape and clear the lines a bit sharper.

Feel full backs will be a defining position this weekend with Leeds having James on one side and Summerville on the other with Gnoto also in the mix.

Our wide players will have to get through a lot of work helping out defensively.

I'd go Hill and Pickering with Brittain and Moran wide

15 hours ago, Chris Whittys Barber said:

I've just been told it was Lancashire Police who said if Rovers are giving Leeds 7,400 tickets then it's 12.30 kick off. If it's 3pm then you can only let them have 4,000 tickets.I

Please tell me this is a wind up ?

Preston came on a Friday night the other week without restrictions. 

did sky not say it was a 12:30 kick off

27 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Feel full backs will be a defining position this weekend with Leeds having James on one side and Summerville on the other with Gnoto also in the mix.

Our wide players will have to get through a lot of work helping out defensively.

I'd go Hill and Pickering with Brittain and Moran wide

Has Brittain done anything of note since he started playing wide? Genuine question, I've not been able to watch games lately just highlights.

3 minutes ago, bazza said:

I'm going to get in before Mike Delap. I can't think of many who played for both clubs.

Albert Nightingale and David Batty. Not sure if Jason Wilcox also went there. Duncan McKenzie?

Scott sellars and Luke varney both played for both clubs I think. Wilcox did aswell

edit and Dominic matteo

Edited by Oldgregg86