BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds Utd (h) - 9/12/23

10 hours ago, arbitro said:

7300 Leeds fans are coming tomorrow. I'm more intrigued by the Football Special train coming. Anybody of a certain vintage will remember these. I would love them to make a comeback.

I remember waiting for the coach near the level crossing at Bamber Bridge to take us to Wembley in 1987. Two massive trains came past from Blackburn pulled by diesel locomotives. They were each at least ten carriages long. They were packed with Rovers supporters. Oh the good old days.

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Chris Whittys Barber said:

No joy. Just rang them. 2pm tomorrow. Tesco express it is. You'd think the Golden Cup would get open at 10am. Turning money down. Madness.

What about the fernhurst just across from the ground?

41 minutes ago, Chris Whittys Barber said:

No joy. Just rang them. 2pm tomorrow. Tesco express it is. You'd think the Golden Cup would get open at 10am. Turning money down. Madness.

I expect the killjoys in blue have had a word.

33 minutes ago, rigger said:

Aren't the train drivers on an overtime ban on Saturday ?

Yes.

If you check on National Rail later on this evening, any resulting short term cancellations will have been made for tomorrow.

Always a chance of one or two more springing up tomorrow, if anyone goes off sick.

The weather may also play a part.

Edited by martonrover

Well, seeing as the festive season is upon us & that one of our most iconic songs was based on a Christmas tune (Shearer wonderland), how about a new one for Sammie:

Sammie Szmodics' coming to town,

Probably best done in the style of Bruce Springsteen rather than the original.

Just a thought. Can't make it tomorrow myself unfortunately due to the early KO, so over to you guys & gals! 😄

Edited by windymiller7

4 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Well, seeing as the festive season is upon us & that one of our most iconic songs was based on a Christmas tune (Shearer wonderland), how about a new one for Sammie:

Sammie Szmodics' coming to town,

Probably best done in the style of Bruce Springsteen rather than the original.

Just a thought. Can't make it tomorrow myself unfortunately due to the early KO, so over to you guys & gals! 😄

Isn't that the Santa Cruz song ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Travis back is good and ought to be in the starting XI although his Cambridge fans club won't be pleased. Siggi I'm not sure about - just don't think much of him as a player. Ennis - who knows? Will he get injured by a passing butterfly between now and the game?  

Dont know where Travis comes in - he plays CM or RB. With a weeks rest I can't see Tronstad or Wharton dropped, and at right back either Hill or Brittain will play.

Will be good to have the option to bring him on through. Same good to have the option mod game with Sigurdsson and Ennis. But I dont think the starting XI will change much barring injury.

2 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Quick heads up, if anybody can't make it to Ewood . Our game isn't live on Sky tomorrow, but there is a stream available for supporters to buy from Rovers TV for £10. That includes UK based supporters too.

Just don't be surprised when the website doesn't work and you can't watch the match.

They will keep your tenner through.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Quick heads up, if anybody can't make it to Ewood . Our game isn't live on Sky tomorrow, but there is a stream available for supporters to buy from Rovers TV for £10. That includes UK based supporters too.

Cheers. Looking forward to this one! So much history between the two roses!

• Like 1