BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds Utd (h) - 9/12/23

24 minutes ago, bazza said:

I'm going to get in before Mike Delap. I can't think of many who played for both clubs.

Albert Nightingale and David Batty. Not sure if Jason Wilcox also went there. Duncan McKenzie?

Paul Robinson, Diouf & I suppose we can include Poveda.

Edited by windymiller7
Added quote as start of new page

5 hours ago, bazza said:

I'm going to get in before Mike Delap. I can't think of many who played for both clubs.

Albert Nightingale and David Batty. Not sure if Jason Wilcox also went there. Duncan McKenzie?

I heard a story years ago that Rovers wanted Gary McAllister from Leeds. Howard Wilkinson said no, so Rovers came back with "how about Batty then?" They said yes and I'm glad that they did. He was superb for Rovers. He won player of the season ahead of Shearer. He spent most of the title season injured. Then left for Newcastle not too long after.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Having a punch up with police dogs outside the DE last time I saw them here.

They do seem to have a larger caveman population in their fanbase than most.
Something in the water over in Yorkshire, all of the South Yorkshire teams are much the same, even in 2023.

However, more importantly, the match.
It's a game we should logically lose; plenty of injuries, beaten by the bottom side at the weekend and Leeds have a decent team for this level.

So a 2-0 home win then, in typical Rovers fashion.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Upside Down said:

This reputation that Leeds have, is it justified? Or is this just a bunch of pissed up lads givin it the big un and a few fist fights?

There is a lot of vilification of football fans. It's all fine and dandy to wage illegal wars and commit genocide, but give someone a slap on a Saturday afternoon and you're the scum of the earth.

Anyway, Rovers 2-1 LEYDZ

Got attacked by a load of Leeds fans 20 years ago after a game at Ewood.  Scum of the earth

• Like 1

Walking down LBR before the last encounter and loads of their not so young urban inbreds singing the Jack Walker song that their 6 fingered country cousins from the Lancs/Yorks border sing.

Sums them up although i do remember these games used to get a bit tasty back in the day.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Walking down LBR before the last encounter and loads of their not so young urban inbreds singing the Jack Walker song that their 6 fingered country cousins from the Lancs/Yorks border sing.

Sums them up although i do remember these games used to get a bit tasty back in the day.

Only my fourth ever game my dad said to me I could pick a game Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday, I picked Leeds and we lost 4-3 and as am sure you all remember the other game we won 7-2. I’m still angry about that now 😂

17 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Only my fourth ever game my dad said to me I could pick a game Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday, I picked Leeds and we lost 4-3 and as am sure you all remember the other game we won 7-2. I’m still angry about that now 😂

🤣 You live and learn.

• Like 1