BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds Utd (h) - 9/12/23

18 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You mean 5 minutes ?

Haha, yeah you are probably right Tyrone

I remember a few players chipping in with some purple patches that season. One being Dom Samuel. Games come thick and fast these days, so what feels like 5 weeks was probably 2...

I always liked Antonsson. He held wide well and was a willing runner. Not up to the task at League 1 really and so his move out of English football was a good one

52 minutes ago, roverblue said:

This has got a spanking written all over it, our home form has been poor all season and Leeds have some serious firepower.

1-4 spanking to spoil my weekend.

Since this is the madness that is the Championship and we just lost to bottom of the league, it’s almost a given we will trash Leeds or at least win. Just can’t wrap my head around this league, but at least it is entertaining and unpredictable (to a degree).

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Haha, yeah you are probably right Tyrone

I remember a few players chipping in with some purple patches that season. One being Dom Samuel. Games come thick and fast these days, so what feels like 5 weeks was probably 2...

I always liked Antonsson. He held wide well and was a willing runner. Not up to the task at League 1 really and so his move out of English football was a good one

he cooked his goose with mowbray when he shoved danny graham out of the way to take a last minute penalty at northampton only to miss the bloody thing,he barely featured after that

1 hour ago, Dontfuckwithcats said:

I'm going with a rovers win, stats and figures means nothing in the championship and especially little to us as we usually do the opposite of what is considered normal.

I'm going with a headline grabbing 3-1 in true rovers fashion.

I think the top three are the exception in terms of consistency.

We need to score first, or I fear a repeat of Leicester.

On 04/12/2023 at 21:25, Upside Down said:

This reputation that Leeds have, is it justified? Or is this just a bunch of pissed up lads givin it the big un and a few fist fights?

I don't know how justified it is, but I lived in Leeds for a while and down the years have had 3 or 4 Leeds-supporting friends come to this game and ask me to get them a ticket in the JWL with us as they hated being in with their own fans (at least 1 told me that they didn't feel safe going to away games anymore) - so I would certainly say there is at least some semblance of truth to it

• Like 1

It's similar the when Salfords finest used to have a big day out here, big city team, one of English footballs biggest followings but rarely get the chance due to lesser allocations.

Then every now and then it's 'we role out the red carpet for visiting fans' Ewood Park so gives huge groups of lads a chance to get together and think they are rolling the clock back to the 1980's.

On 06/12/2023 at 10:38, roverblue said:

This has got a spanking written all over it, our home form has been poor all season and Leeds have some serious firepower.

1-4 spanking to spoil my weekend.

It would be classic Rovers to lose to bottom of the league and then beat Leeds but I agree that we are in for a tubbing here.

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

It would be classic Rovers to lose to bottom of the league and then beat Leeds but I agree that we are in for a tubbing here.

It would but I'm in the loss camp again. Leeds are too strong. Leicester won easily at Ewood, Leeds are the other team in the division who look a class above and are likely to do the same.

Roves don't have the greatest record against Leeds either.

Rovers won - 32

Leeds won - 47

Draw - 23

2 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

It would but I'm in the loss camp again. Leeds are too strong. Leicester won easily at Ewood, Leeds are the other team in the division who look a class above and are likely to do the same.

Roves don't have the greatest record against Leeds either.

Rovers won - 32

Leeds won - 47

Draw - 23

leicester won easily because we fell into the trap of trying to outfootball a better side,leeds ar`nt as good as leicester but they are still better than us,just hope we make it difficult for them,two banks of four sitting deep,don`t give them any room and try to nick one of a set piece

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Literally never, ever, heard a single Rovers fan call us that in all my time.

I have seen it written down before, but from a non Rovers source. We will never be nick-named the riversiders

Edited by rigger

Wouldn't you think they'd get tired of w#####g over away numbers by now but no same old shite on those forums. Just who is buying tickets in home sections for 18 quid ?

Tiresome stuff but always the sweeter if we send them home with nothing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

leicester won easily because we fell into the trap of trying to outfootball a better side,leeds ar`nt as good as leicester but they are still better than us,just hope we make it difficult for them,two banks of four sitting deep,don`t give them any room and try to nick one of a set piece

We won't change our style/tactics. Leeds will pick us off at ease. We make a lot of mistakes at the back (oddly enough, more so at home). It should be a straight forward win for Leeds.