BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds Utd (h) - 9/12/23

11 hours ago, rigger said:

I have seen it written down before, but from a non Rovers source. We will never be nick-named the riversiders

There's one football site that invariably refers to us as the Riversiders. Can't remember its name. Never heard it before this season.

Ludicrous that some outsider can decide to rename our club.

59 minutes ago, 47er said:

There's one football site that invariably refers to us as the Riversiders. Can't remember its name. Never heard it before this season.

Ludicrous that some outsider can decide to rename our club.

Wiki quotes the erroneous nickname with a reference to a website as the source http://www.the-football-club.com/ which gives a blank page but is maybe Chinese* in origin.

*Based on the "characters" shown when I highlighted the web address to copy.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

JDT has worked wonders given the constraints upon him, however, with all our injuries and paper thin squad, I fear it will all catch up with us tomorrow and we are in for a right mullering.  4-1 to Leeds 

Have to agree I'd be amazed if we win this one though it's on occasions like this when the odds are stacked against us that Rovers sometimes pull off a surprise win. For that to happen though every player will have to be on their mettle with no silly mistakes and the chances we are offered will have to be taken

Possibly Rovers 2 Leeds 1

More realistically Rovers 0 Leeds 3

28 minutes ago, Mercer said:

JDT has worked wonders given the constraints upon him, however, with all our injuries and paper thin squad, I fear it will all catch up with us tomorrow and we are in for a right mullering.  4-1 to Leeds 

I feel a lot more comfortable now...

• Like 6

Watched the Sheffield Wednesday game back. We don't have a lot of options but one change we need to make is taking Brittain off left wing. Did a great job there against Stoke to mark out their right back which was a targeted plan. But I've been totally confused why he played there last couple of games. 

Either play someone else left wing, or swap him with whoever (usually Moran) who is playing right. Moran's played well left side in the past which makes that we persisted with Brittain there for 90 against Wednesday when he was obviously struggling even more bizarre. 

Team for me 

Leo

Hill     Carter    Wharton    Pickering

Tronstad   Wharton

Brittain      Szmodics   Moran

Leonard

As per most Championship games a prediction is pointless! Could go anywhere.

• Like 1

Sigurdsson, Ennis and Travis are back available which is a boost.

With Ennis, he is obviously not going to start, maybe a token sub appearance over the hapless Telalovic. Ideally we could change one or two up, I would prefer Brittain to move back into defence so the question is, Travis into midfield to make a 3 which then moves Szmodics or Sigurdsson in.

I still really cant see us getting anything from a really good Leeds side. They have Summerville, Piroe, Rutter and James and then Bamford, Anthony and Gnonto off the bench, the best set of attackers in the league.

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Sigurdsson, Ennis and Travis are back available which is a boost.

With Ennis, he is obviously not going to start, maybe a token sub appearance over the hapless Telalovic. Ideally we could change one or two up, I would prefer Brittain to move back into defence so the question is, Travis into midfield to make a 3 which then moves Szmodics or Sigurdsson in.

I still really cant see us getting anything from a really good Leeds side. They have Summerville, Piroe, Rutter and James and then Bamford, Anthony and Gnonto off the bench, the best set of attackers in the league.

Most games are won by commanding midfield.

• Like 1

Travis back is good and ought to be in the starting XI although his Cambridge fans club won't be pleased. Siggi I'm not sure about - just don't think much of him as a player. Ennis - who knows? Will he get injured by a passing butterfly between now and the game?  

On 04/12/2023 at 23:02, Aqualung said:

When was the last time there was No trouble when playing Leeds at home? 

I can't remember that's for sure. Not to tar them all with the same brush of course but they have a large element of fucking "not rights" intent on causing bother. 

Games like Blackburn and Preston do free up tickets for lads who struggle normally. Unfortunately this season has seen an big increase in trouble with Leeds on Leeds in the ground. Leicester Southampton and Rotherham were particularly unpleasant but both Leicester and Rotherham were Friday night games. Lot of lads pissed/beaked up just looking for a chew.

2 hours ago, Chris Whittys Barber said:

Will any other boozers be open early on Livesey Branch Road lads ? No nobheads on our mini bus just after an early gargle indoors rather than cans from co-op or Tesco which I find unsightly for a load of 40 year old supping cans outside someone's house.

Turn right at the roundabout after entering LBR from Chorley direction and go over the tops. Black Bull is up there and might be accommodating and still only a 10 min drive from ground.

Wouldn't want to walk back up that hill mind.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rigger said:

I will be surprised if he is not injured before the end of the Leeds game.

Ennis gets tight hamstrings just watching from the bench.

By the way what happened to that football fad of players sitting peddling stationary bikes on the sidelines ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Turn right at the roundabout after entering LBR from Chorley direction and go over the tops. Black Bull is up there and might be accommodating and still only a 10 min drive from ground.

Cheers pal. Would we turn right at that oyster otter pub ? 

26 minutes ago, tomphil said:

No joy. Just rang them. 2pm tomorrow. Tesco express it is. You'd think the Golden Cup would get open at 10am. Turning money down. Madness.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chris Whittys Barber said:

No joy. Just rang them. 2pm tomorrow. Tesco express it is. You'd think the Golden Cup would get open at 10am. Turning money down. Madness.

There is a Wetherspoons in Darwen called the Old Chapel along with several other pubs and eateries. In the recent past I have seen visiting supporters coaches parked on Darwen Bus Station whilst away fans enjoy themselves. It's about twenty minutes drive from Ewood, perhaps a bit more tomorrow.