BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds Utd (h) - 9/12/23

10 minutes ago, CP Company Dresser said:

I dress well and don't want my clobber ruined. I also have razor sharp elbows as well as youthful boy band material looks

1 minute ago, CP Company Dresser said:

No just my opinion pal.

I meant the above. I struggle to believe there’s a human being alive that says that with such a lack of self-awareness.

2 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

How did you get a ticket then? If your in home area surely you know H&S rules for others as well as you?

As for Leeds fans in Riverside?  Crazy idea. Police wouldn't allow it.

I've a mate who is a season ticket holder along with his Brother and Son. I managed to get half a dozen tickets off him on the main stand.

I can't see the problem with the Riverside. Put netting out and you have that big metal barrier at the back of the Darwen End which you could just move.

2 minutes ago, CP Company Dresser said:

I've a mate who is a season ticket holder along with his Brother and Son. I managed to get half a dozen tickets off him on the main stand.

I can't see the problem with the Riverside. Put netting out and you have that big metal barrier at the back of the Darwen End which you could just move.

Thanks

Abysmal first half we barely touched the ball other than to give it back to Leeds. Mistake after mistake including some laughable brain malfunction by Whalstedt dribbling out his area.

Better second half, just no striker or killer instinct. Could have shot so many times but just worked it back into midfield or passed it on like a hot potato as per usual.

Royally fed up this season as a ticket holder feel like all I have seen is the team lose and play crap.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Glad to say that will be by far the biggest away following at Ewood this season...we never seem to perform with a full Darwen End.

Sad to say but I know quite a few Leeds fans who are local..lacking a few Brain Cells of course!

I thought we played fantastically today - I was disgusted that so few Rovers fans remained to clap the players off at full time. 

They simply had better players and a referee that was determined not to give us anything. We were the better team on the day. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, superniko said:

Fair enough for Ennis, although he’s moved like a tractor in those 5 appearances. But Markanday has been here for years, think we might have even paid a million for him. We just cannot be relying on the likes of these guys if we have any hope of promotion. 

Mowbray paid £500k for him - and then he tore his hamstring on his debut. If he had any pace, it was gone after that. I'd like to see him as a #10 - I'm not even sure he's a L1 wide player. 

39 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Yet another defeat. It's extremely worrying that we have a complete inability to do anything other than win or lose with this team, but JDT has been left to patch together out of squads from misfits and youth talent and with the injury list the options are limited.

That said, I'd love to know how this treading water is supposed to do anything for us. We can sell some players off but that won't be reinvested properly and we can already see that the U21s we have can't compete because all their best players are in the first team. 

In the longer term the only way is down with such a lack of ambition. 

It wont be long , next season is a racing certainty ...

The club is dying on its feet , no one cares , the owners should put us into administration on Monday ...

Until they leave , we are facing death by a 1000 cuts ..

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Mowbray paid £500k for him - and then he tore his hamstring on his debut. If he had any pace, it was gone after that. I'd like to see him as a #10 - I'm not even sure he's a L1 wide player. 

Markanday is not a wide player at any level.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

The club is dying on its feet , no one cares , the owners should put us into administration on Monday ...

I was having this discussion with my dad on the walk back to the car.

If anything I'm amazed we still have a club - Kean and Anderson / Kentaro systematically dismantled the club that Walker and Williams built - and then handed out contracts to their mates (and son!) to leech every last penny they could from Rovers.

We've done well to be disappointed at just missing out on the playoffs every year, all things considered. We were flirting with being Bury before Bury at one point. 

• Like 6

I thought we played well today and against a lesser team would have won. Leeds are a good side with pace in their front three which was one of the reasons they beat us in my opinion. We played some good stuff with Adam Wharton as the fulcrum of these moments as we matched them for long periods. We seem to be punished for mistakes at the moment and a sloppy pass from Tronstad gave them the ball and Hill should have done better. From my position we should have had a clear penalty for a foul on Garrett and the well positioned referee quickly turned it down, far too quick in my view. Why on earth would Garrett to down when he is about to shoot? I couldn't see the handball from my seat but the players were vociferous in their protests.

For some perspective they bring two substitutes on who they paid £25m for. We have on our bench kids with single digit or no first team appearances.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

This. The powers that be will be happy that we added more value to the squad today.

The match day experience at Ewood is now utterly demoralising, and it rubs our noses in it when a full Darwen End is in stark contrast to the rest of the ground.

Reasonable effort today, but never laid a glove on them.

Predictable.

• Like 8

I refuse to be despondent, however, we’ve won only three of our last eight in league play. We’re getting farther and farther away from playoff places. Even when players come back from injury, it’s not near enough.

Our players play hard, but they’re not good enough. Hopefully, we see some action on the transfer wire in January, however, if not, I may choose to become despondent at that time.

Edited by WacoRover

Nearly got caught out a few times playing out from the back, But we competed and looked the better team for large parts of the game. Leeds just more clinical and have that little extra quality. A lot of positives to take from today's game with Tronstadt being one. The better quality of opposition the better he looks. They worked there socks off and on a different day we could of got a result. No doubt another apology from the Refs association as that handball was a clear penalty. No excuse, ref perfectly positioned and bottled it. We move on COYB

• Like 2

tactics were naive today,what did jdt expect leeds to do,let us pass through them,it`s not against the rules to try and keep a game tight,a draw is allowed

both goals were down to us over passing and giving the ball away in dangerous areas

adam wharton needs to work  off the ball more,that or be pushed up behind the centre forward,he`s not got a defensive mindset at all

i think the ref was guessing a lot,some of his decisions were strange

56 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

How did you get a ticket then? If your in home area surely you know H&S rules for others as well as you?

As for Leeds fans in Riverside?  Crazy idea. Police wouldn't allow it.

I know of quite a few Leeds fans in the JW Upper today; the ones I was chatting to (sat behind me) had tickets bought by Rovers fans.  A couple of acquaintances also bought tickets for Leeds fans - this was always going to happen and it is difficult to blame the Club when this happens.

As for the game we seriously lacked an experienced striker and tried to play it around the penalty area.

We have no money for a striker in January unless it is funded by player sales or commercial activities. The owners are back in the Delhi High Court in January but this is another Interim Relief application similar to the recent application.

I thought we played well for periods but it was literally men v boys out there and clearly shows the farce and unfairness of parachute payments.

SS looked tired from the onset and sadly James Hill picked up an injury that could make him doubtful for Tuesday.

4 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Nearly got caught out a few times playing out from the back, But we competed and looked the better team for large parts of the game. Leeds just more clinical and have that little extra quality. A lot of positives to take from today's game with Tronstadt being one. The better quality of opposition the better he looks. They worked there socks off and on a different day we could of got a result. No doubt another apology from the Refs association as that handball was a clear penalty. No excuse, ref perfectly positioned and bottled it. We move on COYB

Tronstad delivered the suicide long pass that allowed them to make it 1-0, and to add insult to injury we were going forward at the time. The ball shouldn't have been gifted to them in that position when we'd committed so many players.

Another anticlimactic afternoon at Ewood, comfortable loss and 6 losses in 10 at home is really, really poor. As is the fact that weve never won from behind at Ewood under Tomasson. That being said, its directly due to the tiny squad we have lacking in quality and one that is often naive.

Brittain was rubbish again being asked to play a position he simply cannot play. Leonard may aswell have not been on the pitch, understandably hooked and not ready for week in week out football at this level, not a chance. Moran was poor, Szmodics off it too (cant play well and score everytime, too reliant on him) and Sigurdsson did offer something different but not always good. Ennis nowhere near fit enough or in shape and Markanday a waste of time ever using him. Our attacking options are nowhere near good enough.

Tronstad and Wharton in midfield were our best 2 players, Carter had a nightmare nearly leading to a goal, Scott Wharton causes worrying moments, Wahlstedt had a very nearly costly wobble (plus again flapping at a cross he could have caught nearly led to a goal) and Hill is obviously not a full back. Pickering was always up against it against such direct pace.

Lots of focus on the ref, would have to see the main penalty appeal again but didnt look like one to me, hit his arm/hand but as he slid so we would have been raging had it been given against us.

• Like 2