BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds Utd (h) - 9/12/23

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

We are not one player light though, we dont have enough players. We are really light out wide, Sigurdsson has had a mixed start, Moran is more of a central player and Markanday is not good enough. We possibly need 2 strikers but at least one. And we could do with more experience elsewhere.

If we suddenly got money, it would be wreckless to just spend it on one player.

we played in some lovely balls today but there was no one on the end of them,it really is holding us back,a prime danny graham would have created carange this season with the amount of chances we create,goalscoring centre forward desperately needed

leonard by the way was very poor today,think the lad needs a loan move for a while,but with our numbers it is`nt going to happen though,if we could id`e loan him to a team a division below,the hustle and bustle of league one would build him up

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we played in some lovely balls today but there was no one on the end of them,it really is holding us back,a prime danny graham would have created carange this season with the amount of chances we create,goalscoring centre forward desperately needed

leonard by the way was very poor today,think the lad needs a loan move for a while,but with our numbers it is`nt going to happen though,if we could id`e loan him to a team a division below,the hustle and bustle of league one would build him up

A striker is definitely needed but when youve got Brittain regularly on the wing and only two natural wide men (one with a long term injury) then we definitely need more. Not necessarily old fashioned wingers but some quality and pace out there.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

A striker is definitely needed but when youve got Brittain regularly on the wing and only two natural wide men (one with a long term injury) then we definitely need more. Not necessarily old fashioned wingers but some quality and pace out there.

on the point of brittain,he`s far better on the right

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

only handbags,3 leeds scrotes were being marched down the riverside steps on their way to being ejected and one of them took a right hander to the head,serves you right if you start parading around the home stands

Apparently that's not what happened at all. There was Leeds all over the ground today. Loads in the main stand and plenty in the Riverside stand. Thankfully most showed a bit of decorum and kept schtum. 

It was a Leeds lad I know personally who was windmilling in the Riverside. He's banned from attending games and has been for the last 3 seasons.

1 hour ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Given the.. 

Budget

Our owners / lack of ambition and direction 

Injuries 

Our attendances 

We are doing brilliant, today we went toe to toe with a very good team, their quality shone through.. 

Personally really enjoying the effort and skill / way the team is playing, feel very proud of the boys... will be gutted once JDT moves on.

Couldn’t agree more. Losing at Ewood hurts like hell but without JDT, I really think we would be in the thick of a relegation fight. With the cards he has been dealt, he is performing minor miracles.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Chris Whittys Barber said:

Apparently that's not what happened at all. There was Leeds all over the ground today. Loads in the main stand and plenty in the Riverside stand. Thankfully most showed a bit of decorum and kept schtum. 

It was a Leeds lad I know personally who was windmilling in the Riverside. He's banned from attending games and has been for the last 3 seasons.

Nobody gives a toss.

‘Leeds all over the ground’ is nothing more than fanboy *anking material.

I’ve been in the Leeds end plenty of times over the years, along with many others. We never shouted it from the roof tops, we just came, watched the game and moved on to bigger clubs.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

• Backroom
2 hours ago, J*B said:

Is there anything in your opinion that the club does do wrong, Mike?

Someone is going to get life changing injuries because of fighting between home and away fans in the stands. If that happens it’s entirely the clubs fault - they need to be better at sales (note they said no sales on the day today, but then did anyway), much better at security (which costs actual money) and much better at tracking down every last one of your acquaintances buying tickets for away fans. 

Security was awful today. We quite innocently made our way up to the Premier Suite with plenty greeting us but nobody checking who we were.

17 minutes ago, M_B said:

Said at half time, it's like an FA cup game and we've been drawn at home against a Premier league team. 

Good effort today, some good football but if you don't shoot you don't score. It's time for Markanday to get a run in place of Brittain in my opinion,he offers little if anything going forward. 

As someone said earlier, 2 points off the play offs at this stage, considering the circumstances is a cracking effort. 

I think your probably right in dropping brittain (probably pushing him back to full back). He's a good player but he's not a left winger and does a job at best wide right.

If that's markanday or siggurdson I'm not sure. Siggurdson looked exactly what we needed in his first 3 or 4 games and seems to have got worse. Markanday I'm not sure is up to the level but is a pure attacking threat.

It's ultimately just another game were I come away with 2 opinions. The first and most relevant is those players are literally going above and beyond despite the way that the club is being run. Most clubs would not be able to take 8+ regular first team players unavailable but we are doing it with an already weak squad.

Point 2 is my more critical one were I think ultimately we haven't landed a glove on them. Making allowances for point 1 it's harsh, but it's another team that has come to Ewood and not really had to kill themselves to leave with the 3 points. It hurts losing at home. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Chris Whittys Barber said:

i used to say "there were rovers all over the ground" when i was at primary school😅

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

Nobody gives a toss.

I’ve been in the Leeds end plenty of times over the years, along with many others. We never shouted it from the roof tops, we just came, watched the game and moved on to bigger clubs.

😁 (one day I’ll grow up!)

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I respect your opinion enough though not assume youve lost all perspective.

My main point is about a lack of quality and it was my prediction going into the game, they had a far more expensively put together attacking line plus subs and that of course was the difference. You would expect them to win and out class us and they did. 

I dont think we played that well though. We didnt create (aside from the half chance for Sigurdsson's header) anything really due to poor decision making/lack of quality in the final third. Brittain is simply not a winger, we lack ready made quality up front and Moran is neat and tidy and can create (not much today) but doesnt offer a goal threat. We are so reliant on Szmodics and he was not at his best today. Thats seperate to Leeds quality at the other end, we didnt do very well going forward and its a common theme due not to lack of effort but a lack of quality.

They obviously scored 2 goals, there was some preventability in the build up and then both goals were well set up and superbly finished. Jitters in our back line saw Carter most obviously but also Wahlstedt and Wharton nearly hand them further chances unnecessarily.

But they didn't outclass us, that is simply wrong. We were always in the game and unfortunately got punished for some careless moments. You have singled out Carter but I thought he was really good today and our best defender. He defended well, stepped forward into midfield and even ran down the left wing. The way we play means that sometimes we will take risks and it's been like that for a good while now. Personally I am both accepting and enjoying it when it comes off.

It's clear we are miles away in our opinions of how we played and simply cannot come anywhere near agreeing. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Lost 6 of 10 at home this season.

I make that 4 wins in the last 15 league games at Ewood.

Despite us not doing a lot wrong today and being 2 points off the play offs which is a great effort with this depleted squad, we have to sort this home record out soon, even turning some of these defeats into draws.

We're too easily beaten at Ewood at the minute.

We have also only taken 1 point at Ewood from losing positions since March 2022.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

I make that 4 wins in the last 15 league games at Ewood.

Despite us not doing a lot wrong today and being 2 points off the play offs which is a great effort with this depleted squad, we have to sort this home record out soon, even turning some of these defeats into draws.

We're too easily beaten at Ewood at the minute.

Agreed but look who we've lost to. It's been quite frustrating recently!

3 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I think your probably right in dropping brittain (probably pushing him back to full back). He's a good player but he's not a left winger and does a job at best wide right.

If that's markanday or siggurdson I'm not sure. Siggurdson looked exactly what we needed in his first 3 or 4 games and seems to have got worse. Markanday I'm not sure is up to the level but is a pure attacking threat.

I'm really wondering if Siggurdson is up for the fight. There was great/hopeful expectation on here when he was making his way to fitness. He now can't even get in the starting line up with a full team missing. 

On his last start, Markanday had a hand in both goals first half against QPR, then strangely got the hook at half time. With the squad as it is, I'd like to see him at least given a chance. It seems a bit premature for some to be writing him off. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gav said:

Nobody gives a toss.

Bigger clubs ? Come on Gav don't be silly. 

4 minutes ago, Chris Whittys Barber said:

Where was this ? I can't imagine Rovers being all over any ground in all fairness.

Anyway you've had the pleasure of us today. 

Enjoy.

He was implying he made it up as he was in primary school, just like you have made it up today.

Not a chance there was Leeds all over, apart from one getting a smack in the Riverside.

• Backroom

I didn't have much expectations for today, so whilst I never enjoy it when we lose I can't say I'm overly downbeat. To win today we would have needed practically every player to give an 8/10 performance at a minimum and that's a tall order in any match. In the circumstances I thought we competed well enough, we were simply beaten by a team who have far more quality at their disposal than we do. No shame in that, although our anaemic bench doesn't help when we need to try and change things. That's on the owners though.

Bristol on Tuesday will be a good chance to pick up points and try to improve our home form. Hope that Hill's injury isn't too serious as we're thin on the ground as it is.

• Like 2