BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (a) - 26/12/23

1 hour ago, smiller14 said:

I must admit whilst we are sometimes easy on the eye a lot of what you said is spot on. The issue is if you dare question anything tactically (even as someone who fully backs JDT) people - especially on Twitter - will latch on and defend him as if their life depends on it.

My main criticisms lie in the lack of adaptability and the performances in 'big' games. Bullied in every local game, let down in front of decent home or away crowds. A lot of it is our thin, young squad, but there has to be some accountability from the coaching staff too.

I think that's what is making me most miserable. Yes, we have no hope with these owners. But we can't even comment on any tactical shortcomings as it isn't JDTs fault. What are we all doing on here talking about the games then? It all feels pointless doesn't it? Coming as close as to packing it in as I have in years, I just don't have the love for it anymore. 

That being said, I do like JDT and certainly don't think we can attract better. A part of me wishes he would walk and firmly shine a light on those idiots in Pune. It would certainly rip the plaster off anyway as it's going to happen soon enough. But then again nothing will happen. We will appoint some no hoper undoubtedly this time (no chance they get two appointments right consecutively) and the cycle will start all over again. 

Seems those who make up their mind on a player or manager struggle to accept it admit it when issues arise. You need to massage their fragile egos a bit to try get the concerns across. The mantra is "JDT is doing a great job" and that's the end of it. We know the owners are shit, we know the budget is shit and he got shafted with that. I don't think we have to convince ourselves we are lucky to have this manager because we fear what comes next. Every person at the club should have their performance critiqued. Tomasson is a decent coach but he is way too stubborn and NAIVE so we continue to plod along.

To summarise, we need better owners and a better manager. You don't have to be in one camp or the other.

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I found myself at one point in the Watford game thinking “ If football was like this back when I first started watching as a child would I have got involved in the game ?  “. 

This was after several passages of walking football , just passing it around aimlessly in our own half before we eventually lost the ball.

Some people would have you believe that's down to the owners ...simple not true and I hate them as much as most others. All on the manager.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I found myself at one point in the Watford game thinking “ If football was like this back when I first started watching as a child would I have got involved in the game ?  “. 

This was after several passages of walking football , just passing it around aimlessly in our own half before we eventually lost the ball.

Football has moved on from then when it's about movement, skills, passing the ball to feet and playing good football now. 

I'm quite baffled by people complaining about our style of players when it's suits our attacking players like Szmodics and Wharton. You surely build a team around those 2? Not play a style that doesn't 

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

When was the last time you enjoyed watching football at Ewood? 

I enjoyed the first 70 minutes against Watford until they got back in it due to having a goal disallowed for no good reason 

• Like 3

The majority of people complaining are well aware of the shambolic running of the club and budget/injury situation.

But putting that aside surely the JdT fan boys can see why he is getting justified grief from fans at this point?

That wasn’t far off our best first 11 yesterday and was a total shambles losing to relegation favourites. The home form is abysmal and has seen us lose 7 already. If the away form now starts to drop we are in massive trouble.

The Huddersfield manager said we ‘play high risk high reward football’ after the game. It’s an incredibly naive approach in the championship and we are rightly getting licked now managers have worked it out.

He needs a plan B and to improve his game management. Surely we can agree on that?

• Like 4

Just now, roverblue said:

The majority of people complaining are well aware of the shambolic running of the club and budget/injury situation.

But putting that aside surely the JdT fan boys can see why he is getting justified grief from fans at this point?

That wasn’t far off our best first 11 yesterday and was a total shambles losing to relegation favourites. The home form is abysmal and has seen us lose 7 already. If the away form now starts to drop we are in massive trouble.

The Huddersfield manager said we ‘play high risk high reward football’ after the game. It’s an incredibly naive approach in the championship and we are rightly getting licked now managers have worked it out.

He needs a plan B and to improve his game management. Surely we can agree on that?

We were on a good run a few weeks ago, think we won 6 out of 8 or something. Are you saying it's only now, 18 months from joining the club, that other managers have worked JDT out? Or are just on a bad run of form?

24 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

When was the last time you enjoyed watching football at Ewood? 

Not at Ewood but the Leicester FA Cup last season I suppose. The Sheff Utd FA Cup game was a good game but ultimately disappointing.

They’re the last time I was really buzzing after a game and I thought we were on the right track. Then summer comes along and we know the rest. No significant investment, best keeper we’ve had for a long while given away, ditto Phillips etc.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Football has moved on from then when it's about movement, skills, passing the ball to feet and playing good football now. 

I'm quite baffled by people complaining about our style of players when it's suits our attacking players like Szmodics and Wharton. You surely build a team around those 2? Not play a style that doesn't 

I enjoyed the first 70 minutes against Watford until they got back in it due to having a goal disallowed for no good reason 

Most of the time I find it boring. Football should be about goal mouth incident, , shots at goal, attacking play etc. it should be getting you out of your seat. If it’s not doing that it’s just tedious.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, roverblue said:

The truth hurts alot of people

11 minutes ago, roverblue said:

I get the “ high risk “ but where’s the “ high reward “ ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Those kinds of giant-killing performances are rare at any club. Your expectations are different to mine. 

I think we played well in that game because nobody expected us to win. Therefore no real pressure. That’s the problem at the moment - as soon as the pressure is on not enough of our players are able to cope.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chaddy, how has football moved on from what Tyrone was describing?  I suspect I'm of a similar generation to Tyrone and the football that Jack Marshall produced in the early sixties was all about movement, skill and passing.  There isn't one player in the present team who would have got anywhere near the first team in the early 60s.  At present we have nothing that comes close to matching a forward line of Fergie, McEvoy, Pickering, Dougie, Harrison, for skill, flair and goalscoring thrills.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Chaddy, how has football moved on from what Tyrone was describing?  I suspect I'm of a similar generation to Tyrone and the football that Jack Marshall produced in the early sixties was all about movement, skill and passing.  There isn't one player in the present team who would have got anywhere near the first team in the early 60s.  At present we have nothing that comes close to matching a forward line of Fergie, McEvoy, Pickering, Dougie, Harrison, for skill, flair and goalscoring thrills.   

Football today is all about keeping possession at all costs Parson, hence why every club in the land now plays out from the back. I've been watching football for many many years and the football today is nothing like I've ever seen before, if only for the possession side of things, its obviously much quicker too. 

Tyrone is critical above of 'passing it aimlessly' which misses the point by a country mile. 

Edited by Gav

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Most of the time I find it boring. Football should be about goal mouth incident, , shots at goal, attacking play etc. it should be getting you out of your seat. If it’s not doing that it’s just tedious.

Foremost, football is about winning. How Rovers achieve a winning formula I don't really care. I'd take a boring 1-0 win any day. At the moment our "attractive" football and the manager behind it is losing. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Would you go back to 2 wingers who can beat a man and bang in a cross over the boring pass-pass modern game? I would.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

We were on a good run a few weeks ago, think we won 6 out of 8 or something. Are you saying it's only now, 18 months from joining the club, that other managers have worked JDT out? Or are just on a bad run of form?

Sigh…Our home form is across the whole season, we have the 2nd worst defence in the entire league…is this ‘form’ 

Try seeing things from another point of view instead of blindly arguing a side.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Football today is all about keeping possession at all costs Parson, hence why every club in the land now plays out from the back. I've been watching football for many many years and the football today is nothing like I've ever seen before, if only for the possession side of things, its obviously much quicker too. 

It's always been the same Gav.  Spurs great team of the early 60's played a possession based game.  As for the speed of the game, it seems to me that in many ways it's played at walking pace with sudden bursts of speed injected at key moments.

I've loved watching the way JDT is trying to get our players to play but ultimately, football is about winning and possession on its own will not achieve that.  The basics of the game never change.  The ability to defend well and keep a clean sheet whilst creating and taking chances at the other end are constant fundamentals which this season we are struggling to get to grips with.

• Like 2

Just now, roverblue said:

Sigh…Our home form is across the whole season, we have the 2nd worst defence in the entire league…is this ‘form’ 

Try seeing things from another point of view instead of blindly arguing a side.

Sigh...we're a mid-table team with a bottom 3 budget. Try re-aligning your expectations and actually paying attention to what is happening at the club.  

30 minutes ago, roverblue said:

He shown a plan B against when we played 4-3-2-1 formation against Watford. But we played passing style of football and rightly so. 

29 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Er...thanks, but I was asking Tyrone!

Then private message him instead of using the public forum to ask him

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We had plenty of goal mouth incidents against Watford 1st half, we had plenty of attacking play. 

If you didn't the first 70 mins against Watford then fine Tyrone. I leave it there.