BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (a) - 26/12/23

Feel like we will get a result. I think Id play the same team and setup, just swapping Moran for Szmodics. Thought it looked very good for most of the game.

What we need is a plan for around 65 mins when we run out of steam. I think Id try and keep Hyam on and bring Hill on as a second DM to sweep up in front of defence and avoid the running clean through we saw. If we had Gallagher to come on for Ennis and keep the press for the last quarter that would really help too.

Local game for me and if it’s anything like last season I’ll be happy’ish. JRC ran them ragged, sadly we had to go behind before we dominated proceedings and should have won it in the end.

We are a side running on empty right now, but we’ll not be doing the front running in this one. 

Udders 1 Rovers 1

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Darren Moore will ensure his players try to bully us off the park. Jonathan Hogg in midfield can be quite physical. 

If we play as we did on Saturday against Watford, a much better team, we should be able to win this game. 

If we play like we did against Watford, we will huff and puff, then get beaten. Our end product, at both ends is poor. The middle bit is top of the range for limited periods, but they have to learn that at times it is better to hold possession and draw a foul, especially when we are in the lead. Frustrating the opposition can also get results, and limits chances.

Edited by rigger

26 minutes ago, rigger said:

If we play like we did against Watford, we will huff and puff, then get beaten. Our end product, at both ends is poor. The middle bit is top of the range for limited periods, but they have to learn that at times it is better to hold possession and draw a foul, especially when we are in the lead. Frustrating the opposition can also get results, and limits chances.

image.png.3b8f6aa462019a1b4a4aa6a0284b7479.png

Edited by Gav

I think we will bounce back....we are used to lose two in a row and then bounce back and with our senior members of Szmodics, Hyam, Pickering and Brittain refreshed and back in the team I hope we can pick up the three points to get back on track!

Edited by neophox
  • Like 1

Hopefully we can get back to square pegs in square holes tomorrow.

Brittain and Pickering at full backs with Hyam and Carter in the centre.

Szmodics back in presuming he's available and I'd rest Moran for either Garrett or Markanday as he's been off it for a while now.

I'd also persevere with Ennis.

I've got a feeling we will persist with Brittain further up though and end up with one of Hill, Carter or Travis at right back.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Merry Christmas to all Rovers supporters, I haven't been on this site for a while due to illness, but I will be back at Ewood on Saturday hoping to see Rovers get back on track.

Good to hear that you’re better, but perhaps better wait until Monday to go to Ewood.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

Wahlsted, Brittain, Hyam, Wharton, Pickering, Wharton, Tronstad, Markanday, Szmodics, Sigurdsson, Ennis

Moran needs to be dropped and the rest pick themselves

I can’t imagine a world where I’d start Markanday. Assuming Szmodics is fit I’d go below and apologies profusely to S. Wharton who doesn’t deserve to be dropped.

Leo; Hill, Carter, Hyam, Pickering; Wharton Tronstad; Siggy, Szmodics, Moran; Ennis. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J*B said:

I can’t imagine a world where I’d start Markanday. Assuming Szmodics is fit I’d go below and apologies profusely to S. Wharton who doesn’t deserve to be dropped.

Leo; Hill, Carter, Hyam, Pickering; Wharton Tronstad; Siggy, Szmodics, Moran; Ennis. 

Agree with this team, S Wharton sadly still 4th best after, Hill, Carter and Hyam.

Only amendment I would make to the above is to swap Garrett for Moran, Moran has been on a decline for a while now.

• Like 2

With still what is a depleted squad Tomasson has to be mindful of the fact we have three games in six days. In my view it would be folly to start Hyam after he got an hour on Saturday. Clearly Hill was rested on Saturday with this in mind and Carter (although I think he is our best centre half) needs a break. So my preferred centre halves would be Hill and Wharton. Unfortunately we don't really have that luxury in midfield and attack so it looks like several of these are going to get beasted over the next three games.

• Like 1