BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (a) - 26/12/23

Can’t see anything but a loss after recent results. Expecting a shit house team to out muscle us and exploit how tired and weak the squad is at the moment.

The one definite change to be made is Moran to disappear for a while. He has been awful for weeks now and seems to be an automatic selection (echos of Morton last season).

Dont think you can drop S Wharton as he has been a rock since he came back. Leave Carter at right back and Pickering hopefully back at left.

JDT to earn his Christmas Day mince pie by lifting the squad after that gut punch defeat by Watford.

Huddersfield physical but can be played around and through. They have pace to run through the middle of defences if you let them so the trademark sloppy Rovers pass in the final third could be fatal.

I'm not sure where this physical Huddersfield notion is from. Looking at their team on Saturday only Helik and Hogg strike me as being robust. Pearson and Ward are doubtful with their regular keeper, Nicholls (who in the past has starred against us) definitely out. Their manager likes to play in a specific way but with the pressure piling up on him if we can score first it can be damning for them.

• Backroom

Big game today, lose and we have a lot of catching up to do to be back in with a play off shout. Hopefully Szmodics is back to give us a goal threat, we look so weak up top without him. 

Telalovic must be absolutely awful to not be getting a chance at the moment! 

Garrett played really well last game and he deserves to keep his place.

Not a clue at the back, it would be extremely harsh to drop Wharton. 

Huddersfield 1 - 3 Rovers

Szmodics (2) Garrett (1)

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wahlstedt 

Hill  Carter  Wharton  Pickering 

Wharton Tronstad

Moran  Szmodics  Sigurdsson 

Leonard 

Oh dear. Not really criticising it, that’s what we’re left with I suppose. Going off current form there’s nothing up front in that team apart from Sammi. I’d give Ennis a go again, Leonard is nowhere near ready for this level.

• Like 2

---------------Wahlstedt

Hill-----Carter----Hyam----Pickering

---Garrett----Tronstad---Wharton

Brittain-----Szmodics----Sigurdsson

Or

---------------Wahlstedt

Hill-----Carter----Hyam----Pickering

---------Tronstad---Wharton

Brittain-----Szmodics----Sigurdsson

------------------Ennis

Probably the second one as we are away from home 4-2-3-1 might be a better shout 

26 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When was the last time Rovers gave us a Happy Christmas ? I can’t see this year being any different.

21/22. 

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Oh dear. Not really criticising it, that’s what we’re left with I suppose. Going off current form there’s nothing up front in that team apart from Sammi. I’d give Ennis a go again, Leonard is nowhere near ready for this level.

Ennis was poor on Saturday. Should had an easy goal but lack of anticipation and awareness was lacking. 

Leonard has shown more than ever to play at this level. 3 goals so far. Why isn't Leonard not ready for this level? 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

21/22. 

Ennis was poor on Saturday. Should had an easy goal but lack of anticipation and awareness was lacking. 

Leonard has shown more than ever to play at this level. 3 goals so far. Why isn't Leonard not ready for this level? 

he needs building up physically,2 months at a club in league two would sort him out,we are short on numbers unfortunately so we can`t really let him go

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We watched different games. When Ennis was taken off at 60’ and replaced with Leonard, the Watford defenders quickly realised there was now only a one dimensional threat coming forward and pushed up 10-15 yards. That was the main reason we lost - we were pushed further back and put under increased pressure, then we eventually cracked. 

Leonard could turn out to be a player, but desperately needs an EFL loan for me. As it stands he’s not strong enough, not quick enough and doesn’t convert enough of his chances. It’s not his fault — he shouldn’t have been put in this situation and wouldn’t have been if our owners hadn’t got themselves in trouble with the law. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

We watched different games. When Ennis was taken off at 60’ and replaced with Leonard, the Watford defenders quickly realised there was now only a one dimensional threat coming forward and pushed up 10-15 yards. That was the main reason we lost - we were pushed further back and put under increased pressure, then we eventually cracked. 

Leonard could turn out to be a player, but desperately needs an EFL loan for me. As it stands he’s not strong enough, not quick enough and doesn’t convert enough of his chances. It’s not his fault — he shouldn’t have been put in this situation and wouldn’t have been if our owners hadn’t got themselves in trouble with the law. 

I thought Ennis was truly awful. Lack of first touch and he would have a goal if he has shown some awareness and anticipation but he didn't. 

We should have been playing more balls down the channels allowing Leonard to chase and run for them. 

Also the main reasons we lost is we have a perfect legit second goal ruled out by another ref who failed to judge the situation properly. 2 nil up and we will win

47 minutes ago, J*B said:

Ennis was awful, running round to very little effect with the ball bouncing off him every time he tried to hold it up. And I can assure they didn't push up 10-15 yards when HL came on because HL is quicker than Ennis.

The reasons we lost is 1) Hyam went off 2) they brought on some rapid subs 3) Leo fell to pieces 4) Our legs went

Nowt to do with HL replacing Ennis. 

Its been a diabolical month results wise. Squad is well and truly on its arse...however one positive is that 2 or 3 good results can shoot you up this league. From 4th down no one is very consistent. 

Desperate for some players to come back. Never thought I'd say we're missing Gallagher due to absolutely hopeless alternatives up front. 

Can see a scrappy 2-1 win. Siggy and Szmodic.