BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (a) - 26/12/23

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’m not for a minute calling for JDT’s head.

He’s up against it being our manager with Venky’s as his bosses, a shit budget, which has been further reduced with all this Indian government nonsense that’s reared its head lately.

But- players not trying yesterday, continuing to pick the goalkeeper that continues to make mistakes that cost us goals and not being pragmatic, when his style of play clearly isn’t working is all on him, I’m afraid.

Its been clear for several weeks now that these players are shot at, knackered, we are relying on a 19yr old to run the show, its a disgrace and what we have been reduced to under these idiots in Pune.

Who are the replacements to come in a shake things up? Who replaces the keeper? Our options are non existent in my opinion.  

• Like 3

Just now, K-Hod said:

I’m not for a minute calling for JDT’s head.

He’s up against it being our manager with Venky’s as his bosses, a shit budget, which has been further reduced with all this Indian government nonsense that’s reared its head lately.

But- players not trying yesterday, continuing to pick the goalkeeper that continues to make mistakes that cost us goals and not being pragmatic, when his style of play clearly isn’t working is all on him, I’m afraid.

If players weren't trying then that is inexcusable. But that's on the players, not the manager. JDT is no mug, if they aren't trying he'll drop them. Well, he would if he anybody to bring in. I think people may be underestimating just how much of an effect the injury crisis is having on the team.  

As for the GK, what choice has he got? 

As for the style of play, I see the argument, we are wide open on the break a lot of the time, but when he was a lot more pragmatic at the start of last season he got pelters for it (even though we were winning games at home). Also the style was fine when we were having a good run a month or so ago. 

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just looking at the stats yesterday - we had 68% of the play and 1 shot on goal. They had 32% of the play and 6 shots on goal.

Says it all for me.

They let us have the ball playing in front of them. Then when possession id lost, break quickly and leave the cart horses (Brittain, Carter and Pickering) trailing behind. It's simple but effective and Tomasson is evidently too stubborn or dim to do anything about it. Keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Its been clear for several weeks now that these players are shot at, knackered, we are relying on a 19yr old to run the show, its a disgrace and what we have been reduced to under these idiots in Pune.

Who are the replacements to come in a shake things up? Who replaces the keeper? Our options are non existent in my opinion.  

Completely agree, Gav. The manager asked for experience in summer, you don’t succeed with an average playing age of 23. Far too much inexperience combined with a squad not big enough to be competitive. 

• Like 5

He picks the keeper because gregg has  sank nearly a million in to him and JDT has to improve his value . The same reason we keep playing the young lads we play and the uncompromising system they play in.  JDT has shown what he can do as a manager last season in already difficult circumstances and thought he could kick on this season. The aims have changed and he’s carrying out the orders of his bosses like we all do in our jobs. It’s in black and white from swags fat gob.  the football , fans, results, nothing matters . JDt Is a victim of the hierarchy as much as we are. He can keep the job for me if we get relegated but it really doesn’t matter whose I’m charge until the snakes head has been cut off 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If there’s one thing JDT doesn’t need to worry about it’s losing his job, it’s his until he walks or his contract happens to run out and the owners don’t get round to bothering with another one.

Of course not but the point is plenty other people are seeing what some of us see, the gaffer being responsible for the style of football.

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

If players weren't trying then that is inexcusable. But that's on the players, not the manager. JDT is no mug, if they aren't trying he'll drop them.

I suppose we will see on Friday. If Brittain starts it immediately disproves the theory above, particularly with Hill on the bench.

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So he should just chuck in Hilton?

Walstedt actually makes some decent saves that Hilton wouldn't make. But he also fumbles and spills routine situations on a regular basis. He's worth at least a goal start for the opposition. 

Just now, Miller11 said:

I suppose we will see on Friday. If Brittain starts it immediately disproves the theory above, particularly with Hill on the bench.

Brittain wasn't trying or had a bad game?

I think he's a shit defender FWIW (I've never seen a FB shit out of so many challenges) , but Hill has lost form over the last few weeks and has been dropped as a result. 

4 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

He picks the keeper because gregg has  sank nearly a million in to him and JDT has to improve his value . The same reason we keep playing the young lads we play and the uncompromising system they play in.  JDT has shown what he can do as a manager last season in already difficult circumstances and thought he could kick on this season. The aims have changed and he’s carrying out the orders of his bosses like we all do in our jobs. It’s in black and white from swags fat gob.  the football , fans, results, nothing matters . JDt Is a victim of the hierarchy as much as we are. He can keep the job for me if we get relegated but it really doesn’t matter whose I’m charge until the snakes head has been cut off 

I think people are forgetting the project. This is all about 'creating value' and player development. If we also stay up, job done.

That's JDT's remit. He's doing a great job.

The problem lies above him. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It doesn't sound like Hilton is any kind of answer, and the other keeper isn't available, not to mention is also guilty of continuing to make mistakes. I think the squad is running on fumes rather than not trying. But I do think some pragmatism is needed at times. There doesn't seem to be a Plan B. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Well, it’s either that, or letting Leo chuck them in every week….

Indeed it is. Two average to poor back up level keepers and an academy lad that’s looked out of his depth when playing cup ties.

This is the state the team has been allowed to get into.

• Like 3

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

Brittain wasn't trying or had a bad game?

I think he's a shit defender FWIW (I've never seen a FB shit out of so many challenges) , but Hill has lost form over the last few weeks and has been dropped as a result. 

Completely agree on him shitting out of challenges. He is also slow to track back, goes hiding, shits himself if an opponent comes within 3 feet of him, won’t take responsibility for the ball unless he’s in a clear acre of space, is prone to silly cards for pulling people back as it’s easier than tracking back. I think he’s a cowardly player who is beyond useless when the team are up against it. His lack of effort in the entirety of his last 2 appearances has disgusted me.

• Like 2

Hilton can't do any worse than Wahlstedt, he can do the same but no worse. Leo needs to be dropped end of story. You can't produce those type of performances weekly and cost your club game after game with zero ramifications. Once or twice and you stick with him, now it's bordering the ridiculous. Throw anyone else in, he won't, but I would 100% back it if he did.

11 minutes ago, alcd said:

Walstedt actually makes some decent saves that Hilton wouldn't make. But he also fumbles and spills routine situations on a regular basis. He's worth at least a goal start for the opposition. 

Then how has he kept some clean sheets, if he's worth at least a goal start for the opposition?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Hilton can't do any worse than Wahlstedt, he can do the same but no worse. Leo needs to be dropped end of story. You can't produce those type of performances weekly and cost your club game after game with zero ramifications. Once or twice and you stick with him, now it's bordering the ridiculous. Throw anyone else in, he won't, but I would 100% back it if he did.

I've seen the 'can't do any worse than X' argument countless times over the years. I've also seen plenty of players then come in and indeed do worse. Hilton would almost certainly highlight this.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Nothing better than watching two good wingers delivering crosses into the box for a centre-forward to finish.  Shearer and Sutton didn't do too badly from the service off Ripley and Wilcox. 

Absolutely.. 442 .. 

Two wingers dribbling and crossing for 2 up front beats this amazing tippy tappy bollox .

Stuff modern day 

As much as I called allardyce , I'd rather  watch his blood and guts than the watered down mard arsed style.

Gimme a sav or batty over this to me to you any day of the week .

And as for goalies what limp wristed soft arses they are now. All pampered and boy band looking.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I've seen the 'can't do any worse than X' argument countless times over the years. I've also seen plenty of players then come in and indeed do worse. Hilton would almost certainly highlight this.

You can't lose 6 points for one loss. Leo is averaging 3 a game at the moment. So I would still argue he can't do any worse.

Edited by BigBar

• Backroom
21 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Completely agree on him shitting out of challenges. He is also slow to track back, goes hiding, shits himself if an opponent comes within 3 feet of him, won’t take responsibility for the ball unless he’s in a clear acre of space, is prone to silly cards for pulling people back as it’s easier than tracking back. I think he’s a cowardly player who is beyond useless when the team are up against it. His lack of effort in the entirety of his last 2 appearances has disgusted me.

He's like the majority of our squad in that he can look quite handy when we're in the ascendency or in the lead, but goes into his shell and hides when the opposite is true. We have a glaring lack of leaders in the squad who can take players like Brittain (metaphorically) by the scruff of the neck and sort them out. Szmodics is probably the only player I'd put in that category, but he can't do it alone. It's why we can't come back from going behind and collapse against otherwise poor teams.

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

He's like the majority of our squad in that he can look quite handy when we're in the ascendency or in the lead, but goes into his shell and hides when the opposite is true. We have a glaring lack of leaders in the squad who can take players like Brittain (metaphorically) by the scruff of the neck and sort them out. Szmodics is probably the only player I'd put in that category, but he can't do it alone. It's why we can't come back from going behind and collapse against otherwise poor teams.

I think we miss JRC for this reason. He’s got a bit of edge to him and has been instrumental in most of the good things we’ve done in the past 12 months.

• Like 8