BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (a) - 26/12/23

4 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Simon, the employees of the club will not do their job properly if the owners haven't got the correct controls in place. Waggott SHOULD do lots of things but he doesn't need to because he ticks all the boxes he is asked to. You must know this unless you have another agenda perhaps. 

I did the same job at two different companies.

One had brilliant owners/management - I worked really hard.

The other had owners/management who didn’t give a shit - I did the bare minimum.

Surely many other people have done/do the same.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I did the same job at two different companies.

One had brilliant owners/management - I worked really hard.

The other had owners/management who didn’t give a shit - I did the bare minimum.

Surely many other people have done/do the same.

The “ when the teacher leaves the room “ syndrome.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, alcd said:

More relevantly we probably need another 6 wins to be sure of staying up. Hoping the playoffs with this squad is delusional. 

I’ll take delusional any day of the week. We’ll see after January how the squad looks. I was pessimistic about December and rightfully so, Hull away is a huge fixture looking both ways at the table. 

JDT is not the issue, he’s not the finished article either. The blame lies with those above. Venkys have cut us down to the bone and whatever money we have had has been squandered by Broughton! Some proper shite signings that are only on the bench because they have to be!

I honestly believe Ennis and Telalovic are the 2 worst strikers in the league. The staff at Brockhall think Telalovic is shocking.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

JDT is not the issue, he’s not the finished article either. The blame lies with those above. Venkys have cut us down to the bone and whatever money we have had has been squandered by Broughton! Some proper shite signings that are only on the bench because they have to be!

I honestly believe Ennis and Telalovic are the 2 worst strikers in the league. The staff at Brockhall think Telalovic is shocking.

They are awful signings all things considered the kind only a desperate club would go for but at the same time the exact gambles a skint club should NOT sign on permanents.

Also 800k on a rookie keeper is a massive gamble for us when you consider TK was just 500k, Pears was a few hundred grand which is about Leos level and the last one we had that resembled him was at least only a loan.

Iv'e been a supporter of Broughtons work but as time goes on those are looking extremely poor business and only his retaining a few players on new deals and Tronsdat exempts him from severe questioning.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Simon, the employees of the club will not do their job properly if the owners haven't got the correct controls in place. Waggott SHOULD do lots of things but he doesn't need to because he ticks all the boxes he is asked to. You must know this unless you have another agenda perhaps. 

Maybe so, but IF that is true you obviously think it's OK for the Club employees to constantly do the bare minimum required.

What's wrong with them going over and above and exceeding expectations from time to time?

‘Mattyblue instantly dives in’ Rev only when you completely ignore the elephant in the room and blame everybody else from the tea lady up for the sorry state of this club , and to be fair to you you’ve finally cottoned on to the root cause - it’s just took you about a decade longer  than everyone else.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

Keep reading how we are playing the best stuff we have for years and how much people are enjoying the current style of play, not sure about what is currently classed as enjoyable but I certainly don't enjoy:

Conceeding soft goals from keeper errors every week

Full backs getting skint alive regularly

Centre halves looking beyond uncomfortable trying to play it out from the back

Conceeding possession in dangerous areas multiple times a game

Getting bullied by any team with a big of steal about it

Passing for the sake of passing whilst going nowhere

Hesitation to shoot when in very good situations in and around the box

Little or no threat from set pieces

An abysmal record when conceeding first

No plan B

Managers substitutions leading to multiple dropped points and/or defeats

Conceeding the most amount of goals in the last 15 mins of games

The inability to close up shop and put games to bed. It's isn't brave football it's stupid. Wide open til the 95th minute.

Losing every game when there is any sort of pressure riding on it, derby games and playoff places mainly, cup game Vs Sheff U a classic example.

As someone said earlier, enjoyable football is winning football. Not sure why this current manager is getting protected so much, regardless of the current owners etc(we all know they are shite) but some of this managers traits and shortcomings are damning. Very frustrating.

Count me firmly in the "not enjoying this football" category.

I must admit whilst we are sometimes easy on the eye a lot of what you said is spot on. The issue is if you dare question anything tactically (even as someone who fully backs JDT) people - especially on Twitter - will latch on and defend him as if their life depends on it.

My main criticisms lie in the lack of adaptability and the performances in 'big' games. Bullied in every local game, let down in front of decent home or away crowds. A lot of it is our thin, young squad, but there has to be some accountability from the coaching staff too.

I think that's what is making me most miserable. Yes, we have no hope with these owners. But we can't even comment on any tactical shortcomings as it isn't JDTs fault. What are we all doing on here talking about the games then? It all feels pointless doesn't it? Coming as close as to packing it in as I have in years, I just don't have the love for it anymore. 

That being said, I do like JDT and certainly don't think we can attract better. A part of me wishes he would walk and firmly shine a light on those idiots in Pune. It would certainly rip the plaster off anyway as it's going to happen soon enough. But then again nothing will happen. We will appoint some no hoper undoubtedly this time (no chance they get two appointments right consecutively) and the cycle will start all over again. 

• Like 2

It’s been poor since Sheff Wed, no question, but we were on a good run before that. Bottom end budget with a huge injury list, this will happen. But I’m backing him to turn it round - as he has before. But generally mid table is our lot with this set up.

P.S as as for him being ’immune from criticism’, get out of it he gets plenty in the ground and on social media and has from day one.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s been poor since Sheff Wed, no question, but we were on a good run before that. Bottom end budget with a huge injury list, this will happen. But I’m backing him to turn it round - as he has before. But generally mid table is our lot with this set up.

P.S as as for him being ’immune from criticism’, get out of it he gets plenty in the ground and on social media and has from day one.

He did previously, but on social media (or at least my echo chamber) you can't say a bad word about him without being latched upon. Even something innocuous.

I think he's too good a manager not to turn it around, but worried him and the players aren't on the same wavelength currently. 

But yep, mid table is the best we can hope for. He's been sold a dud and barring some sort of Christmas miracle will be let down again in January. I'm surprised he didn't walk in summer to be honest.

Edited by smiller14

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Mattyblue instantly dives in’ Rev only when you completely ignore the elephant in the room and blame everybody else from the tea lady up for the sorry state of this club , and to be fair to you you’ve finally cottoned on to the root cause - it’s just took you about a decade longer  than everyone else.

Yeah, very good, unfortunately where your assertion falls down is that the financial situation at the Club has only deteriorated beyond the pale during the last six months due to circumstances which no-one saw coming. How much money did Mowbray waste over the years? There's no real reason why he couldn't have been a lot more successful than he was.

However, putting scoring petty points off me  to one side, I think most of us would  agree that we're now  in a pretty dire mess. I would still maintain that this hasn't been helped by what money we have had being completely wasted which is a common theme of Venky's tenure but I doubt they ring up from India and insist we sign a load of dross be it Leon Best, Chris Brown, Ryan Hedges, Sam Gallagher, Barry Douglas George Hirst, Ennis, Telalovic or Walstedt. That's down to the people on the ground at the time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Darwenview said:

All you so called football fans, who are calling JDT. Need to look in the mirror, the best football we have played for years with a young weak squad. If he leaves we will be shopping round for journey managers ,reverting back to route one. The blame stands firmly with the owners who are not backing him.

I don't think the anti-JDT mob have considered what comes next. It's not like we're going to get new owners, a better budget and a beefed up squad full of expensive new signings.

We're a mid-table team with a bottom 3 budget. Of course, sub-standard performances are going to grate, but the outpouring of vitriol against a manager who has done a really good job in difficult circumstances since he joined the club is truly bizarre. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 2

I feared the two late goals by Watford were worse than a gut punch and so it proved. Self-belief has evaporated.

Around the second minute we had prolonged possession on the edge of the Huddersfield box- had no idea what to do with it, looked toothless, lost the ball and the pattern was set.

Except we forgot how to keep possession.

Moran had another stinker, Sigurdsson was peripheral and Brittain turned backwards far too often. Wahstedt really cost us with that horror show for the first goal.

Everyone else except Pickering, Transtad and Wharton were pretty anonymous and those three were too few to lift the malaise. 

JDT has a massive job to do before Friday night and negligible resources to work with.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I don't think the anti-JDT mob have considered what comes next. It's not like we're going to get new owners, a better budget and a beefed up squad full of expensive new signings.

We're a mid-table team with a bottom 3 budget. Of course, sub-standard performances are going to grate, but the outpouring of vitriol against a manager who has done a really good job in difficult circumstances since he joined the club is truly bizarre. 

I would get another ban if I said what I think...

1 hour ago, smiller14 said:

I must admit whilst we are sometimes easy on the eye a lot of what you said is spot on. The issue is if you dare question anything tactically (even as someone who fully backs JDT) people - especially on Twitter - will latch on and defend him as if their life depends on it.

My main criticisms lie in the lack of adaptability and the performances in 'big' games. Bullied in every local game, let down in front of decent home or away crowds. A lot of it is our thin, young squad, but there has to be some accountability from the coaching staff too.

I think that's what is making me most miserable. Yes, we have no hope with these owners. But we can't even comment on any tactical shortcomings as it isn't JDTs fault. What are we all doing on here talking about the games then? It all feels pointless doesn't it? Coming as close as to packing it in as I have in years, I just don't have the love for it anymore. 

That being said, I do like JDT and certainly don't think we can attract better. A part of me wishes he would walk and firmly shine a light on those idiots in Pune. It would certainly rip the plaster off anyway as it's going to happen soon enough. But then again nothing will happen. We will appoint some no hoper undoubtedly this time (no chance they get two appointments right consecutively) and the cycle will start all over again. 

I found myself at one point in the Watford game thinking “ If football was like this back when I first started watching as a child would I have got involved in the game ?  “. 

This was after several passages of walking football , just passing it around aimlessly in our own half before we eventually lost the ball.

• Like 5

It was pathetic performance and result yesterday. Not good enough. Pleased JDT called it out and I expect a better result and performance at Hull on Friday night. 

JDT and GB aren't the problem but the budget cuts we had put into place during the summer we have moved for different targets then originally planned by GB and JDT at the start of the summer. I still backing JDT and he is the right man to achieve what we want but needs the budget/signings to achieve this. He will get at least top half finish whilst considering we have one of the lowest budget in the league is a good end result. I still want playoffs but we need 3 or 4 quality signings in January and players back fit also. 

9 hours ago, Hi Mack said:

Which staff members are these? 

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I found myself at one point in the Watford game thinking “ If football was like this back when I first started watching as a child would I have got involved in the game ?  “. 

This was after several passages of walking football , just passing it around aimlessly in our own half before we eventually lost the ball.

When was the last time you enjoyed watching football at Ewood?