BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The highly-rated midfielder joined the Sky Blues from the Premier League side in the summer but has been limited to just six starts and seven appearances from he bench, scoring one goal to help Mark Robins’ men to a point in a 1-1 home draw against Huddersfield.

However, the Sweden Under-21 international has been an unused sub in the last seven games since he was given the hook at halftime at Ipswich last month and has since slipped down the pecking order, falling even further out of the reckoning since the return of Callum O’Hare and Kasey Palmer from injury.

It clearly didn’t make sense for the 20-year-old to make up the numbers on the bench every week, and the two clubs have mutually agreed to terminate the loan agreement with a recall at the halfway point. His departure could well signal the possibility of a replacement midfielder coming in to help City push for the play-offs during the second half of the season.

“Yasin has been recalled by Brighton," said manager Mark Robins. "They are recalling quite a few players. He trained on Thursday and left afterwards. We wished him all the best."

Explaining why it hasn't worked out for the lad, he added: “I think he’s a really good player and I think he’s been really unfortunate. He started off quite brightly as an impact substitute. He made some really good decisions on the ball, created some openings for others. There’s one that sticks out when created a chance for Haji against Sunderland at home and the keeper made a good save from that.

“He’s been unlucky in one or two of his efforts, scored a goal that came off the bar when he reacted brilliantly to put it over the line against Huddersfield, but he’s been a little bit unlucky in terms of the results while he was playing, which weren’t at the level we needed or wanted them to be.

“We changed things, the shape changed and we started picking up more points and then it became a little bit more difficult for him, and as time goes on for a young player it becomes difficult because you expect a certain level of minutes when you come to a new club and think you’re going to play every game.

And from JDT...

"He was on loan at Coventry, he started games and got minutes for them," Tomasson told The Lancashire Telegraph.

"I'm sure he will suit our style of play better than at Coventry, with no disrespect to them at all. He's a ball player, he plays with few touches and he can use both feet.

He is a young boy. I think he can play in every position in the midfield, number six, eight or ten, with the way we play."

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo

26 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

One team's bench warmer is our first pick.

Praise be to our chicken overlords.

Hopefully this lad turns out to be absolute class and is the missing piece of the Rovers puzzle.

That is how most transfers at our level work.

• Like 2

• Backroom
3 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

"I'm sure he will suit our style of play better than at Coventry, with no disrespect to them at all."

Lol, I wouldn't worry about that JDT. Considering they're 8th and we're 17th I can't imagine they'll take much offence to being told a player they weren't using suits our style of conceding two games a game better than their style of not doing so. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Lol, I wouldn't worry about that JDT. Considering they're 8th and we're 17th I can't imagine they'll take much offence to being told a player they weren't using suits our style of conceding two games a game better than their style of not doing so. 

LOL

9 hours ago, DE. said:

Two goals a game...although some games, it does feel like we've conceded two games...

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's already been weighed, measured and found wanting by the Ewood jury without even kicking a ball.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. And TBF he has kicked a ball. 6 starts and 1 goal on loan from aug til Dec. 

We will get behind him as all rovers players but let's not kid ourselves. He is not what we require during this window. We are taking what we are offered, probably by agents. I doubt our first team coach wanted a player of his calibre but under this regime when do our coaches or fans get the players we actually require?

Edited by NeilInBristol
Pressed enter too soon
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's already been weighed, measured and found wanting by the Ewood jury without even kicking a ball.

Yes---always the fan's fault. Doesn't matter what his record suggests. Somehow he'll be a miracle here.

Name me the last one! (probably Smodzics come to think of it!!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 47er said:

Yes---always the fan's fault. Doesn't matter what his record suggests. Somehow he'll be a miracle here.

Name me the last one! (probably Smodzics come to think of it!!)

I'm not saying he'll be a world beater cos Brighton spent £4m on him as a teenager, nor am I saying he'll fail 'cos he didn't hit the ground running at Coventry. 

I'll literally wait to see what he does in a Rovers shirt before passing judgement. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm not saying he'll be a world beater cos Brighton spent £4m on him as a teenager, nor am I saying he'll fail 'cos he didn't hit the ground running at Coventry. 

I'll literally wait to see what he does in a Rovers shirt before passing judgement. 

We all will! But we can't keep filling the squad with young players. We need more experienced ones. There has to be a balance.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Having watched him for 50 odd mins live I have to say. I can see why they let us loan him. We are such a generous club to take others players and give them mins. I see he trained with first team again today...

On tuesday Ayeri was in a three man midfield given loads of room, a free role, playing against a terrible Cardiff team, and saw lots of the ball and he was really poor.

Not got much hope for him. Moran looked much better when he came on, and Moran has been really struggling....

• Like 3

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

On tuesday Ayeri was in a three man midfield given loads of room, a free role, playing against a terrible Cardiff team, and saw lots of the ball and he was really poor.

Not got much hope for him. Moran looked much better when he came on, and Moran has been really struggling....

Yep. Says a lot about Moran. Can't even start ahead of him. I wonder if we have to play Ayari as part of his loan agreement 

i don`t think ayari  is much use to us ,to much like moran and buckley but not as good,no idea why we brought him in,be better getting a tackler

the one loan im`e very concerned about is crisene,it looks like this level is above him,he simply cannot defend,hopefully pickering will be back soon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t think ayari  is much use to us ,to much like moran and buckley but not as good,no idea why we brought him in,be better getting a tackler

the one loan im`e very concerned about is crisene,it looks like this level is above him,he simply cannot defend,hopefully pickering will be back soon

Agreed.

Lucky Pickering is back for this weekend. Hopefully he can start

3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Weird with Moran. He looked great when he first started but has struggled since.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Weird with Moran. He looked great when he first started but has struggled since.

First full season. Relentless nature of the championship proving too much for him.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

My guess is he's the sort of player who is great when you are on top and everyones getting forward to combine with but when the teams confidence is shot and he's isolated, and needs to be strong enough, quick enough or clever enough make something happen on his own he can't do it. Sigurdsson is like that also I think.

Fair weather players who I don't think we will see much of between now and the end of the season.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

My guess is he's the sort of player who is great when you are on top and everyones getting forward to combine with but when the teams confidence is shot and he's isolated, and needs to be strong enough, quick enough or clever enough make something happen on his own he can't do it. Sigurdsson is like that also I think.

Fair weather players who I don't think we will see much of between now and the end of the season.

Yep, I get the feeling Moran will go back to Brighton in the summer and not look out of place there at all.  But if he was to get a loan to a struggling Prem team then he would also struggle badly.

He would probably also be fine at one of the top 4 in the Championship this season despite struggling for large parts of his time here

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

At the risk of repeating myself - players basically fit into two groups. The ones that get you on top in the game and the ones that start playing when the first group have given them the platform to play on. I’ll let you decide which group Moran fits into.

• Like 1