BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (h) - 11/02/2024

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It doesn't make sense, because he played them plenty when they were fit. But I already pointed that out. The 'up to speed' thing was for new players. Both (wanting players to be fully fit, and time for new signings to bed in) are hardly JDT things anyway, most managers are like that. Although Mowbray would sometimes rush his faves back and get them injured again prematurely, good times.

JDT uses the U21s to get them up to speed. Hedges hasn't featured. Read the pre match comments.Brittain back early. Everyone surprised Hedges and Brittain were involved.JDT expected too much in terms of how fit the players should be Each to there own opinion I guess

Edited by Rover8T4

Just now, bluebruce said:

It doesn't make sense, because he played them plenty when they were fit. But I already pointed that out. The 'up to speed' thing was for new players. Both (wanting players to be fully fit, and time for new signings to bed in) are hardly JDT things anyway, most managers are like that. Although Mowbray would sometimes rush his faves back and get them injured again prematurely, good times.

There's a staunchly anti-JDT contingent on here that I just don't have the energy to debate with.

That said, we're FAR more direct today - whether that's because Stoke are badly out of form or it's a new style I don't know. Probably the latter, judging by Birmingham fan comments. 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

BBC have the posesion 30-60 in favour of Stoke. Is that how it looks on the pitch because you never can tell with the numbers that they post. 

I've also just realised that only adds up to 90% !

• Like 1

Time will tell if hedges and Britain should play. Look at palace and what has happened there. Hodgson getting in the neck for playing olise. Let's see. 

It's a gamble if they aren't ready. We get 3 points today will mean a lot but if they both are out injured again because they were rushed back we will have to see the impact..

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

There's a staunchly anti-JDT contingent on here that I just don't have the energy to debate with.

That said, we're FAR more direct today - whether that's because Stoke are badly out of form or it's a new style I don't know. Probably the latter, judging by Birmingham fan comments. 

Can't imagine Eustace has really had a chance to put his stamp on things yet. Probably just the players reverting to a style that's more comfortable for them. 

It helps that two players who were injured up till today got assists, and another who only came back three games ago got the other one. Another player who has been injured up till recently has scored two.

• Like 2

Got to remember this is johnson taking the team not Eustace.

I'll be honest I've not seen a great deal of difference early on. It's the same basic shape with the tweak being dolan further up the top of the pitch rather than dropping deep. The other key difference is the better wing backs which make this shape work.

We've been a little bit more direct but not overtly. Lot of holes opening up in the stoke defence. I must say I enjoyed our third a lot, very simple but effective.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

3-1 Looks like everyone is benefitting from not being managed by JDT 🙂 

Could this means JDT style of play was the problem all along? I dont know.

Direct style football and being industrious & hard to beat was the key for us punching above our weight in the premier league