BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (h) - 11/02/2024

My Grandma and Grandad were from Stoke originally. Fuck me am I glad they decided to move up to the heartland of the empire, Blackburn, Lancashire. 

I reckon this is where JDT will tirn it around, unless of course he hasn't walked already in which case fair play to him.

Rovers 3 - 0 Stoke

• Like 2

Rovers 0-3 Stoke

I don't see where any points come from, and if Sammie is injured and the Americans transfer has collapsed as rumoured we're stuck.

I get the feeling it's about to get very toxic.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Rovers 0-3 Stoke

I don't see where any points come from, and if Sammie is injured and the Americans transfer has collapsed as rumoured we're stuck.

I get the feeling it's about to get very toxic.

This may sound daft but Sammie being injured may not be the worst thing for us. It may force us to play a more defensive but solid midfield. On the Americans transfer, this is where Broughton should be making a public statement to say either, the deal is off, or the hold up is a formality that will be resolved. That would end all speculation but I doubt either will happen.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rigger said:

This may sound daft but Sammie being injured may not be the worst thing for us. It may force us to play a more defensive but solid midfield. On the Americans transfer, this is where Broughton should be making a public statement to say either, the deal is off, or the hold up is a formality that will be resolved. That would end all speculation but I doubt either will happen.

Two of the lads who might have played in that midfield have gone to Ipswich and Palace and another one who might have done is still injured after being loaned out. We’ve made a real balls of this. You can survive the odd mistake but making a succession of mistakes usually leads to disaster.

I saw it in my working life, companies making a succession of bad appointments. The next one worse than the last etc. It always ends up with the doors closing.

• Like 1

I know Garrett was poor against Wrexham but I can't get my head around preferring Moran to him in the middle yesterday. If Fleck isn't ready then Garrett has to come straight back in for the Stoke game.

Can see us switching to a back 3 if McFadzean is ready.

Pears

Hyam    McFadzean    Wharton

JRC     Tronstad     Garrett     Chrisene

Szmodics

Gallagher          Dolan

If Szmodics is injured, put Sigurdsson in that role.

• Like 2

I've criticised the club enough this week and the players shouldn't get off scot free either for recent displays...

There are a few who I think have been woeful, Hyam is one, Brittain another, Moran is a backwards passer and Sigurdsson for me isn't cut out for the Championship... He's a poser, scared of a tackle, has zero pace, can't take on any Championship defender, there literally isn't one he can go past no matter how bad they are... Such a disappointing signing!

He has a nice first touch and that's about it, tries too many flicks and is scared of getting hurt.

Hairdryer treatment needed on him and a few others!

The above, along with poor formation choices and tactics are really exposing one of our main weaknesses as a team... pace. It's a recipe for disaster and the manager is repeating it weekly.

We miss Hedges and some more "normal" defensive tactics.

I like Tomasson far more than Waggott and the owner's but if he doesn't make a drastic change, he's taking us down. We're over complicating Championship football, without having the players to do so.

Garrett, Ayari or Fleck need to be in for Moran and they need to be asked to do the simple stuff in the middle. 

The team are playing as individuals at the minute and shit ones at that.

• Like 3

2009 the last time we beat these at home in the league.

3 draws and 5 defeats in the league since, with the one FA Cup win back in 2015.

Can't see anything changing here, Rovers 0 Stoke 3

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Stoke City (h) - 11/02/2024
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Groundhog said:

Blimey. If Ennis scores... I can't even begin to imagine that happening or how it would feel if it did. "Shite" I can imagine. Can you imagine? I don't want to. 

16 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Also I can't see Ennis doing a mute on celebration after he does score. It may just be epic.

Just to be clear, it was more of a joke post.

I could see Ennis scoring (because that's just our luck) but I doubt he'd do anything daft.

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Also I can't see Ennis doing a mute on celebration after he does score. It may just be epic.

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Just to be clear, it was more of a joke post.

I could see Ennis scoring (because that's just our luck) but I doubt he'd do anything daft.

Someone get him a Venky’s Out t-shirt for under his jersey 😂 He’d go down as a legend. 

• Like 5