BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (h) - 11/02/2024

9 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

If JDT is off does that automatically mean Rene goes or is he knocking about?

Part of me is quite curious how Damian Johnson does - hes had a great record with the under 23s. 

Yes he's off as well and imo hes been a large part of the problem the way we play as he is the tactics man.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Battle and Sigurdsson don't go together I'm afraid. 

Pears

Hyam McFadzean Wharton

JRC Tronstad Garrett Chrisene

Moran Szmodics Gallagher

I laughed at you saying that about Sigurdsson then picking Moran, one of the most spineless, cowardly players I’ve seen wear the shirt. Neither of them should be near the 11.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I just don’t get what Moran is about . A nothing player 

I thought he started off shakily, then he had a good spell where he was unlocking defences and looked very good.

He can't pass to a bloke right next to him these days.

• Like 2

I feel a bit for Moran in so much as I don't think he’s been played in his natural position. He looks like a 10 to me, who will drop off a central striker to receive in pockets and the limited success he had was when we mere more fluid up front and he came central. More recently he’s been played out wide as a touchline hugger or Saturdays disaster. He’s got neither the pace nor trickery to play as a true wide man and doesn’t have the athleticism or ability to play off Tronstad as the deep lying playmaker. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I feel a bit for Moran in so much as I don't think he’s been played in his natural position. He looks like a 10 to me, who will drop off a central striker to receive in pockets and the limited success he had was when we mere more fluid up front and he came central. More recently he’s been played out wide as a touchline hugger or Saturdays disaster. He’s got neither the pace nor trickery to play as a true wide man and doesn’t have the athleticism or ability to play off Tronstad as the deep lying playmaker. 

Yeah - we've got ourselves into a bit of a hole where we have a few lightweight number 10 players (Sigurdsson, Moran, Ayeri, Markanday,) who can't play number 10 because Szmodics is killing it there - plus he's an absolute graafter which they are not - and they are unsuited to playing anywhere else.

• Like 1

Agreed, I think we’ve ended up with 3 products of the nice but unrealistic world of u23 football. All nice footballers and I’m sure look great in the pattern heavy world of u23 football, none of them have the guile to cut at at this level yet, and dare I say ever. Ayeri got on the ball a lot on Saturday because QPR let him, he didn’t at any point look like he’d hurt them. 

As for Siggy, I just don’t know what he is. He’s not a winger (at this level anyway), I’m not sure he’s a 10, he’s defo not a central striker. He’s a really odd player as he’s not quick, not skilful and doesn’t seem to be particularly good at seeing passes others don’t either. If he was an u23 on loan we’d send him back

Edited by Lancaster Rover

9 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Agreed, I think we’ve ended up with 3 products of the nice but unrealistic world of u23 football. All nice footballers and I’m sure look great in the pattern heavy world of u23 football, none of them have the guile to cut at at this level yet, and dare I say ever. Ayeri got on the ball a lot on Saturday because QPR let him, he didn’t at any point look like he’d hurt them. 

As for Siggy, I just don’t know what he is. He’s not a winger (at this level anyway), I’m not sure he’s a 10, he’s defo not a central striker. He’s a really odd player as he’s not quick, not skilful and doesn’t seem to be particularly good at seeing passes others don’t either. If he was an u23 on loan we’d send him back

I think Moran will end up being a very decent player. I think you can really tell that this is his first year as a first team player though. Physically and/or mentally he has looked shot for a while. He'll be better for the experience, but it'll be another club who benefits. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

He is probably best used in a similar way to how Bayern used to use Thomas Muller when he was younger, a free role coming inside from wide to find space.  Which may be too much of a luxury for Rovers at the moment, but would help get the best out of Siggy, whose best moments have come when he has floated into space in the box late and got us a few goals

Edited by KentExile

1 hour ago, Lancaster Rover said:

The problem being; how many No 10s do we need ?

36 minutes ago, KentExile said:

He is probably best used in a similar way to how Bayern used to use Thomas Muller when he was younger, a free role coming inside from wide to find space.  Which may be too much of a luxury for Rovers at the moment, but would help get the best out of Siggy, whose best moments have come when he has floated into space in the box late and got us a few goals

Imagine playing a Raumdeuter in this league of cloggers. 🤣

• Like 1

Just when you think things couldn't get any worse I see the poison dwarf Gavin Ward has been appointed as referee on Saturday. Well that should take some of the heat off Waggott and the precious ones. 😁

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Imagine playing a Raumdeuter in this league of cloggers. 🤣

I did say it might be too much of a luxury, lol

And just for clarity, my post was more to try and pigeonhole Siggys best role rather than to say how Rovers should use him

Edited by KentExile

27 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I did say it might be too much of a luxury, lol

And just for clarity, my post was more to try and pigeonhole Siggys best role rather than to say how Rovers should use him

I didn’t think I’d see Siggy and Muller mentioned in the same sentence today, well not unless it was a yogurt/corner based pun

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RV Blue said:

I laughed at you saying that about Sigurdsson then picking Moran, one of the most spineless, cowardly players I’ve seen wear the shirt. Neither of them should be near the 11.

Addressed it already. 

• Like 1

On 07/02/2024 at 21:56, roverandout said:

Yes because jdt is the real problem here 

If he hangs around much longer we will be playing league 1 football. His tactics and formations don't work with this Blackburn Rovers team, and he's to stubborn to change them. The facts are plain to see, we started off beating the likes of W.B.A. and Watford and lying in 7th place just outside the top 6, were now 5pts off the drop zone losing to the likes of q.p.r. and company.