Hyam Fadz Wharton

JRC                               Chrisene 

Garret     Tronstad 

Szmodics              Sigurdsson 

Gallagher 

Fleck over Garrett and we have ourselves a serious relegation battling side 

28 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Fleck over Garrett and we have ourselves a serious relegation battling side 

I would have in midfield, Fleck, Garett and Tronstad. Upfront Gally and either of Szmodic or Sigurdsson . I think it is imperative that we win the midfield battle.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Pears

Hyam Fadz Wharton

JRC                               Chrisene 

Garret     Tronstad 

Szmodics              Sigurdsson 

Gallagher 

Can't see how we justify Sigurdsson starting? Dolan looked a lot brighter when he's been in. Sigurdsson has been a total passenger.

From my perspective Sigurdsson doesn't have the pace or workrate to play wide, plus he looks to always come inside very early anyway. If we play him he needs to be at number 10 for me. Think if we went 4231 we could maybe play Sigurdsson at number 10 and Szmodics wide left. But do we move our top scorer excelling and scoring goals out of number 10 wide to accomodate someone (Sigurdsson) who does not seem to even be putting the basic level of effort in. 

I would probably go : 

Pears

Hyam         Fadz        Wharton 

JRC       Tronstad        Garrett       Chrisene

Szmodics

Gallagher                Dolan

• Like 2

The way I see it is that we have a manager who wants to be sacked but a club who are too tight/disinterested to pay him off. We absolutely mustn’t go into a crunch match in this position. It’s looking increasingly likely that we will though. Sleepwalking to relegation. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Can't see how we justify Sigurdsson starting? Dolan looked a lot brighter when he's been in. Sigurdsson has been a total passenger.

From my perspective Sigurdsson doesn't have the pace or workrate to play wide, plus he looks to always come inside very early anyway. If we play him he needs to be at number 10 for me. Think if we went 4231 we could maybe play Sigurdsson at number 10 and Szmodics wide left. But do we move our top scorer excelling and scoring goals out of number 10 wide to accomodate someone (Sigurdsson) who does not seem to even be putting the basic level of effort in. 

I would probably go : 

Pears

Hyam         Fadz        Wharton 

JRC       Tronstad        Garrett       Chrisene

Szmodics

Gallagher                Dolan

I think it needs a change of formation rather than a change of personnel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gamst said:

The way I see it is that we have a manager who wants to be sacked but a club who are too tight/disinterested to pay him off. We absolutely mustn’t go into a crunch match in this position. It’s looking increasingly likely that we will though. Sleepwalking to relegation. 

This is exactly the situation now.

• Like 1

Strong rumours have it that JDT will leave the club before the Stoke City fixture. I say good news, his formations and tactics have plummeted Rovers down the table into a relegation battle. Some will disagree, we have had fantastic wins against Cambridge and Wrexham in the FA Cup.

8 hours ago, rigger said:

I would have in midfield, Fleck, Garett and Tronstad. Upfront Gally and either of Szmodic or Sigurdsson . I think it is imperative that we win the midfield battle.

Battle and Sigurdsson don't go together I'm afraid. 

Pears

Hyam McFadzean Wharton

JRC Tronstad Garrett Chrisene

Moran Szmodics Gallagher

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Strong rumours have it that JDT will leave the club before the Stoke City fixture. I say good news, his formations and tactics have plummeted Rovers down the table into a relegation battle. Some will disagree, we have had fantastic wins against Cambridge and Wrexham in the FA Cup.

Yes because jdt is the real problem here 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Yes because jdt is the real problem here 

There's going to be fireworks when the penny drops and JDT isn't around.

It'll be the players next up in the blame game, who as we know are a bit sensitive.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

Been waiting for that reply 😄

I ran out of players to choose from and I rate him over Sigurdsson on the wing. 

I have a 14year old cat , who I would prefer to Sigurdsson any where on the pitch !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Battle and Sigurdsson don't go together I'm afraid. 

Pears

Hyam McFadzean Wharton

JRC Tronstad Garrett Chrisene

Moran Szmodics Gallagher

Thats why I said I would have either Szmodic or sigurdsson up front and not in midfield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Thats why I said I would have either Szmodic or sigurdsson up front and not in midfield.

He's our second top goalscorer on 7. I'd give him a go upfront as we haven't many options and he can strike a ball. I'd certainly prefer him to Telalovic. Can't drop Gallagher after scoring though.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

If JDT is off does that automatically mean Rene goes or is he knocking about?

Part of me is quite curious how Damian Johnson does - hes had a great record with the under 23s. 

I actually really liked him as a player so I don't really want him to get the job. He'll never get the stink of venkys off him.

• Like 4