BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (h) - 11/02/2024

Hard to see with how we are playing at the moment were we will pick up points and the inability to sign players properly is just making us look so amateurish,  once with O Brian was bad, but if it happens again which is looking highly likely it is  potentially going to cost us our Championship Status

Edited by GaryC
  • Like 1

If they've turned up Monday and  trained well and worked on what they need to do,you know, done what they're paid to do, we should win.

If they've turned up with a face like a slapped arse,looking for excuses, we've no chance.

Both scenarios include both playing and coaching staff.

• Like 2

They’ve also had a terrible season (with a wage bill a fair bit bigger than ours) culminating in a 5-0 home tonking on Saturday. Every chance their players turn up with slapped arses looking for excuses too.

But West Brom away aside we couldn’t have asked for a better run of games since new year…and we’ve not won one.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

I think at best we draw.... I dont see how losing so many games turns into clean sheets and victory. Just need to stop the rot atm somehow, and get back to basics, take a draw. JDT needs to field a side and formation with balance at both ends of the pitch. As much of a circus shambles as we are, hes having a stinker atm in terms of selections imo. 

He needs to have a long hard look in the mirror, the one thing he can control is the group of players he does have, and that should be his focus. Ive seen worse teams stay up. Any manager in this dreadful form with half a brain gets a team back to basics, and tries to reset and build confidence back up. Cant keep blaming players, Ive seen worse sides in this division than our current crop. Belief into players and instructions to players comes from him, end of.

Get us believing again JDT!

Head says: 1-1 or 2-0 loss

• Like 1

On 05/02/2024 at 08:43, MarkBRFC said:

2009 the last time we beat these at home in the league.

3 draws and 5 defeats in the league since, with the one FA Cup win back in 2015.

Can't see anything changing here, Rovers 0 Stoke 3

thanks for this fantastic stat............ 😞

Is anyone finding they have zero motivation to even follow the score? I’m spending all my free time reading the doom and gloom; by the time I get to the weekend I think I’ll need a break. Probably won’t be able to not watch though. I’ve always said supporting Rovers is like being a battered house wife since the scum bought us and I’ll be ready for a good beating again come Saturday, hoping it might be different. 

• Like 1

It's a well worn call to arms of course but we need to get down there and get behind them and save any shit until the end preferably.

This team cannot handle that kind of atmosphere they struggle to handle a good one so the last thing we need from the off is more nerves.  Tomasson can help this by setting out a more solid set of tactics and team selection and stop giving opposition the freedom of our final 3rd for once.

I tell you this though if Moran is starting centre mid i'll be starting the car at 2.55pm !

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It's a well worn call to arms of course but we need to get down there and get behind them and save any shit until the end preferably.

This team cannot handle that kind of atmosphere they struggle to handle a good one so the last thing we need from the off is more nerves.  Tomasson can help this by setting out a more solid set of tactics and team selection and stop giving opposition the freedom of our final 3rd for once.

I tell you this though if Moran is starting centre mid i'll be starting the car at 2.55pm !

i hav`nt been impressed at all by moran,he looks a typical academy product,i,e small,insipid and fragile,a bit like leighton clarkson

• Like 2

Nothing against him but way too lightweight for centre mid in the Championship at this point.

The time has come to put results and survival before growing players for us or anybody else it's partly going 100% into that philosophy that has led us here.

No amount of verbal tripe from JDT or GB can convince fans otherwise.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

They’ve also had a terrible season (with a wage bill a fair bit bigger than ours) culminating in a 5-0 home tonking on Saturday. Every chance their players turn up with slapped arses looking for excuses too.

But West Brom away aside we couldn’t have asked for a better run of games since new year…and we’ve not won one.

I think any team no matter where that are in the League or whatever bad run they are on, will look at us and say "we're in with a good chance here."

No-one is in as poor a form as we are and we've sold our best player and stuffed up our new striker signing.

I know the board are busy finger pointing and buck passing, but at any vaguely functional club there would be some attention given to the current form. You either back or sack the manager. It would show that they had a vague interest in the club's fortunes. I can't see anything other than defeat given that we have a manager who doesn't want to be here and players who presumably would leave given half a chance. This degree of apathy is only going to lead to relegation. 

6 minutes ago, Gamst said:

I know the board are busy finger pointing and buck passing, but at any vaguely functional club there would be some attention given to the current form. You either back or sack the manager. It would show that they had a vague interest in the club's fortunes. I can't see anything other than defeat given that we have a manager who doesn't want to be here and players who presumably would leave given half a chance. This degree of apathy is only going to lead to relegation. 

Heard he will resign before Stoke game.