BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (h) - 11/02/2024

10 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

No way would Brittain a hedges start today's game. Reason being they wasn't JDT ready. A plan B can fit these players in if they are ready. So far being good, Not overloading the attack and better game management picking the right times to go forward 

That doesn't make any sense, both players featured a fair bit under JDT.  They just needed to be fit, something both players have had issues with.

• Like 2

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Hope everyone had it on

I bet on it days ago, but practically a token bet as the odds were 3.5!! Szmodics was 2.7, didn't make any sense to me even though I expected it. I bet on both scoring.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Jeez, what is this?

I guess they really were sick of JDT. 

Just the new manager bounce. Everyone needs to impress to be selected by someone who doesn't really know their games, first impressions count.

• Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, bluebruce said:

No. But it hasn't been in that area too often. Stoke are poor.

2 wins in 16 I think I read on their forum. One point off the drop as it stands, with QPR winning. Will be a huge three points for us if we can secure it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

BBC have the posesion 30-60 in favour of Stoke. Is that how it looks on the pitch because you never can tell with the numbers that they post. 

No, that sounds way off. Maybe just because Stoke's possession is highly pedestrian so isn't sticking in the memory 🤣

Just now, bluebruce said:

No. But it hasn't been in that area too often. Stoke are poor.

We scored from a punt down field from a goalkick, how many of them did we get under the previous manager. I think most of the keepers kickouts have gone long.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

2 wins in 16 I think I read on their forum. One point off the drop as it stands, with QPR winning. Will be a huge three points for us if we can secure it. 

Ahh didn't realise their form had been about as bad as ours.

9 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That doesn't make any sense, both players featured a fair bit under JDT.  They just needed to be fit, something both players have had issues with.

Of course it makes sense. If they were not fit enough to press and play to the tempo JDT wanted he wouldn't of picked them. Adapting to a different style which JDT wouldn't do has enabled them to come in. JDT favourite saying was be patient and let them get up to speed

Edited by Rover8T4

1 minute ago, Blow-in said:

We scored from a punt down field from a goalkick, how many of them did we get under the previous manager. I think most of the keepers kickouts have gone long.

Yeh that part has been different I guess. But when we get possession in our third we've been happy to play some stupidly risky passes. A couple of times we nearly got caught out in the first 5 or so.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Ahh didn't realise their form had been about as bad as ours.

Seems like Schumacher hasn't had a new manager bounce there. At this rate he could end up back in L1 with Stoke. I'm sure there are a few Plymouth fans looking at the current score with a wry smile. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Yeh that part has been different I guess. But when we get possession in our third we've been happy to play some stupidly risky passes. A couple of times we nearly got caught out in the first 5 or so.

Might just be that its gonna take time to breed that out of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rover8T4 said:

If course it makes sense. If they were not fit enough to press and play to the tempo JDT wanted he wouldn't of picked them. Adapting to a different style which JDT wouldn't do has enabled them to come in. JDT favourite saying was be patient and let them get up to speed

It doesn't make sense, because he played them plenty when they were fit. But I already pointed that out. The 'up to speed' thing was for new players. Both (wanting players to be fully fit, and time for new signings to bed in) are hardly JDT things anyway, most managers are like that. Although Mowbray would sometimes rush his faves back and get them injured again prematurely, good times.

• Like 1