BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

13 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The Bulls Head, now a Co-op ☹️

Aye, it's very sad.

Back in those days, it also did excellent food.  The manager was a real larger than life character called Harry and Howard Kendall and Mick Heaton could often be found in there hence the post promotion party after the Bury win ending up there.  

21 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

It's not THE worst - there's one I can think of in the 1970s that was worse - but it's not far off.

Agree though that we need a total rebuild and serious money spent

Take away Sammie and I'd say we'll be on par with that.

From what I've seen we'll need 15 new players and 9 of them will need to be first 11.

It's so bad even calling it a rebuild is pushing it. We're pretty much starting from scratch.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Looking at social media, I think their promotion party was 48 hours long at Vardys’s house during the week before the game.

Had they not secured the title I’m sure their preparation would have been very different. Having said that, the same applies with Norwich at Birmingham.

Wagner said ‘Who cares?’ after their loss at Brum. 

20 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Take away Sammie and I'd say we'll be on par with that.

From what I've seen we'll need 15 new players and 9 of them will need to be first 11.

It's so bad even calling it a rebuild is pushing it. We're pretty much starting from scratch.

From what I've seen, we've gone from 8th to 7th to ground zero in 2 years.

Who gets the Blue Peter badge?

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I would at least hope that Eustace's first intention (if he did have any money) would be to raid the carcas of a relegated side just because he has worked with them before.

Bacuna is a liability 9 times out of 10 and Dembele couldnt get in the team or even the bench as the season went on. After his initial hype, I know he played well here but more often than not he flattered to deceive.

Dembele full but we're hungry!!

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Bollocks. This is the absolute worst squad to ever call themselves Blackburn Rovers. 

If you don't think we need a complete rebuild then I'm not sure you've been watching the same team as me.

JDT was also hogtied completely but was always striving for excellence. This guy takes every opportunity to announce to the world that mediocrity is the best we can hope for. For me, that isn't good enough. 

I think the one that went down under TM (Coyle) was worse mainly because it had plenty experience and one of the reasons this one is weak is it's tiny and half full of youth and loans. Spirit is better than back then otherwise we wouldn't have stayed up and a lot of the players it isn't really their fault it's the clubs fault for throwing them under the bus without any help.

15 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I think the one that went down under TM (Coyle) was worse mainly because it had plenty experience and one of the reasons this one is weak is it's tiny and half full of youth and loans. Spirit is better than back then otherwise we wouldn't have stayed up and a lot of the players it isn't really their fault it's the clubs fault for throwing them under the bus without any help.

You can improve morale but you can't improve someone's talent.

This squad is also unbelievable weak both mentally and physically.

7 hours ago, rovers11 said:

I don't believe a word of the "we don't need majory surgery" line from Eustace. We often hear that from managers and then they go and sign 50 new players! No manager is gonna upset the squad by saying he wants big changes in personnel. 

I personally think there will be a lot of comings and goings. 

Really like the look of the next batch of academy kids coming through too. Think we have some very good players on the verge of the first team.

Great point. Probably best to judge JE’s current intentions when the transfer window is shut. From a leadership point of view, the best would publicly back the squad they have and then plot to replace them all with better over time.

I done know much about JE other than the lads (current and former players) are “havin” him.

The Big Sam Interview with SS was very good. Well worth an hour of anyone’s time, the bit where they dissect JDT and JE, and then contrast the ‘head coach’ vs ‘Man manager’ methodology is interesting.. JDT is the former. JE, the latter and Big Sam is vocal on which type he thinks is the best.

Without spoiling, JE - ‘Man manager’, focuses less on a specific style of play and more on moulding the group psychologically and tactically to ‘get the job done’.

Interested to know which of the current crop of youngsters you think will come through next. Gilsenan is the only one I’ve seen up close and think is special…expect Leonard and Garrett to progress. Really rate Sam Barnes too but he’s had a terrible time with injuries.

Who else is worth keeping an eye on? 

• Like 2

Georgie Gent look good to me tonight, wicked left foot on him. Would be surprised if he doesn’t stick around next year and challenge Pickering. With Brittain/JRC and hopefully Duro at RB, full back probably isn’t a need this summer at least.

• Like 4

Leeds had everything to play for when we beat them at Elland Rd.

Not saying we were certs against Leicester obv, but the truth is, due to Eustaces tactics and the make-up of our squad, we were comparatively better as rank underdogs than we were favorites. That was true under JDT to some degree too.

Also, never like the "if x single event had happened differently the season would have panned out a different way." You could point to loads of examples across the past two seasons that would have swung our points total one way or another. Telalovic missed one I could have scored in the dying moments against Brum that would have made the last match academic. If Hedges hadn't have chipped we might be in the PL. Dozens more we could list. Theres always an element of what if in football. It's not really worth dwelling on too much.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Georgie Gent look good to me tonight, wicked left foot on him. Would be surprised if he doesn’t stick around next year and challenge Pickering. With Brittain/JRC and hopefully Duro at RB, full back probably isn’t a need this summer at least.

He looks really good going forward, quick and an excellent crosser of a ball. Plays like an old fashioned winger. If we play wing backs next season he could be a real asset. Not sure he’s good enough defensively to play as a full back in a back 4. 

3 hours ago, ageoftherover said:

Leeds had everything to play for when we beat them at Elland Rd.

Not saying we were certs against Leicester obv, but the truth is, due to Eustaces tactics and the make-up of our squad, we were comparatively better as rank underdogs than we were favorites. That was true under JDT to some degree too.

Also, never like the "if x single event had happened differently the season would have panned out a different way." You could point to loads of examples across the past two seasons that would have swung our points total one way or another. Telalovic missed one I could have scored in the dying moments against Brum that would have made the last match academic. If Hedges hadn't have chipped we might be in the PL. Dozens more we could list. Theres always an element of what if in football. It's not really worth dwelling on too much.

Correct.

We stayed up, end of conversation.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Our reputation under these owners must have really plummeted. I could understand why no one would want to deal with us.

What a sham we’ve become.

All those years to build the club up and be respected, they come along and destroy everything. Our name in football must really be in the gutter.

Disgusting and yet they continue to get away with it all with what they do and damage our name further.

Edited by Moptop1
  • Like 4

We need to leave this Mcguire thing alone now he's obviously going to ask for silly money, really not worth throwing away a daft contract on through guilt.

If we can't find and BUY another Dack or Sammie type from league 1 or similar or for once loan in a good fwd then we might as well give up.

• Like 2

Does McGuire have too much genuine bitterness towards the Club? Who knows!

I personally get the impression that this is maybe just his agent advising him appropriately, since 'what happened' gives him the upper hand when/if they come to negotiating his salary.

I could be wrong of course, in which case, they should leave it be.

Also - considering the fact that he's on about 1k a week right now, I wonder what he'd consider to be "a lot of money"?

We might have originally offered him 7/8k a week, but maybe now it'd have to become ~10k?