BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA cup replays scrapped

I guess that when even Championship clubs don’t take the FA Cup too seriously until the later rounds (if they get that far) then the competition has undoubtedly lost it’s excitement. 

But to be pandering to the Premier League who would rather fit in with UEFA’s requirements than domestic competitions is sticking two fingers up to the smaller clubs who dream of money spinning replays at Old Trafford etc.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

I guess that when even Championship clubs don’t take the FA Cup too seriously until the later rounds (if they get that far) then the competition has undoubtedly lost it’s excitement. 

But to be pandering to the Premier League who would rather fit in with UEFA’s requirements than domestic competitions is sticking two fingers up to the smaller clubs who dream of money spinning replays at Old Trafford etc.

It isn’t even pandering to the premier league, it’s pandering to ‘the elite’ of that division.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Like the 5 sub rule - fundamentally changing the fabric of the game to benefit the bigger, richer clubs. 

I have to say I am not that fussed with the removal of replays to be honest, but the 5 sub rule is a disgrace.

Disgraceful again but football is beyond saving in this country at this point. The top clubs all have owners who have paid billions and want to monopolise the sport in return for the investment and have for some time.  

The EFL absolutely needs to put their foot down, even if the effect is limited due to their diminishing power. 

There are so many "reforms" that would need rolling back to save football at this point. The subs rule, the changes to competitions to maximise European games and summer friendlies etc. The Premier League as a whole has done such unbelievable damage and the way they've stacked the money means that the rest of the pyramid would be left to go bust if they stand against them. 

• Like 5

Absolutely fucking disgraceful. Makes my blood boil. Replays need to be brought back throughout the competition. Greed and money grabbing and just outright lying.

These top clubs have huge squads often at the detriment of others and vacuum up all the talent (think Philipps to Spurs) and yet complain about fixtures. 

Oh but don't worry, they'll spend 2 months in pre season flying around the globe several times packing in as many games as possible.

Go to hell FA, and take your shite European competitions with you

Edited by BRFC4EVA
  • Like 5

the big clubs have now killed the history of football. Its like the weds manager moaning we got 24 hours extra for sundays game ( eustice should get in the weds head with this n all) . They all moan and groan they are tired and then sign up for worldwide games pre and in season . They want euro games to  have more teams . Its all about the wonga at the expense of the fans and certain fans on here fall for it hook line and sinker.

The romance of the cup has now gone  .Its like leicester and newcastle being midweek games . The cup was and still should be magical but its now a diluted wreck . Its going to a pub and only barbican being sold at 10 quid a go. Love a cup game but think i will sack them off now .

• Like 4

Did make me laugh when they also said the winter break has been scrapped and the season opener moved a week later instead to aid rest… yeah like they won’t be using that extra week in August go fly to Sydney/Shanghai/Seoul instead 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ABBEY said:

the big clubs have now killed the history of football. Its like the weds manager moaning we got 24 hours extra for sundays game ( eustice should get in the weds head with this n all) . They all moan and groan they are tired and then sign up for worldwide games pre and in season . They want euro games to  have more teams . Its all about the wonga at the expense of the fans and certain fans on here fall for it hook line and sinker.

The romance of the cup has now gone  .Its like leicester and newcastle being midweek games . The cup was and still should be magical but its now a diluted wreck . Its going to a pub and only barbican being sold at 10 quid a go. Love a cup game but think i will sack them off now .

They’ve scrapped this part of things which I guess is something (I’m clutching at straws here)

Sorry, ignore that - I hadn’t noticed that…

’ All rounds of the Emirates FA Cup will also be played on weekends’

apparently isn’t contradicted by…

‘The fourth round will be played in an extended window from Friday to Wednesday’

I’m not sure if that’s my fuck up or their’s 🤔

Edited by wilsdenrover

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

Apparently the rules can only be changed with the approval of the Professional Game Board.

Have the EFL appointees on this board agreed to these changes without consulting their member clubs?

I heard that Rick Parry and another EFL bigwig signed it off?

The Rovers Trust will be approaching the club to try and elicit a joint statement and we have also asked for this to be raised in Parliament by a couple of MPs.

• Like 3

I'd have left the FA Cup and would have made the League cup a competition for non-European clubs. Gives the European clubs time off in October to February. It devalues the league cup further but does give non-Euro clubs a better chance of progression / Wembley. If you won it you would still be buzzing. 

It would probably lose its European place for the winner, although you could introduce an end of season play off between the League Cup Winners and the highest place Premier side that hadn't qualified for Europe for the final slot.

Edited by Hasta

I sincerely hope all the major FA Cup sponsors pull out in protest at this. I don't expect them to but they really do have some clout. Bullingham is now saying that this was agreed with several other organisations including a four man EFL committee. Whose best interests are they representing? I wouldn't trust Rick Parry with anything.

33 minutes ago, rigger said:

Do clubs have to enter the FA cup, or could they boycott it ?

Man Utd pulling out in 2000 set the precedent there I think.

No reason why teams couldn't boycott it if they wished too.