BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stephen Warnock - under the cosh - Big Sam, Walker Trust

Another episode with a decent amount of Rovers content. Appreciation and admiration for Big Sam up massively following this and an interesting snippet on the Walker Trust - apparently they pushed his sale along with a couple of others, to get the sale to Venkys through. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, alex l said:

Another episode with a decent amount of Rovers content. Appreciation and admiration for Big Sam up massively following this and an interesting snippet on the Walker Trust - apparently they pushed his sale along with a couple of others, to get the sale to Venkys through. 

Very honest interview. The last good left back we’ve had at Rovers in my opinion.

• Like 2

I really liked Warnock at Rovers, great player. That was a good listen, but odd that he seemed to be so very badly treated at every club, almost as if there's a common denominator...hmmm

• Like 1

Thought it was a brilliant interview, very entertaining. You can tell how much he loved playing for Rovers. Its interesting that so many of that Mark Hughes side say that those years at Blackburn were the best of their career. 

Going through the episode list for under the cosh they've had a lot of Rovers connected players on (Warnock, Dunn, Rathbone, Ben Marshall, Tim Sherwood, Jason Macateer, Craig Hignett, lots more)

I do like the under the cosh stuff, but sometimes find Chris Brown gets a bit anti Rovers fans due to him being absolutely shite when he played here. In the Tim Sherwood interview, he mentions that Rovers fans still have expectations of being Premier League Champions. I always find that a huge insult.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cesus said:

I do like the under the cosh stuff, but sometimes find Chris Brown gets a bit anti Rovers fans due to him being absolutely shite when he played here. In the Tim Sherwood interview, he mentions that Rovers fans still have expectations of being Premier League Champions. I always find that a huge insult.

On the Sherwood one he also follows it uk with ‘and then shit like me turns up’. 

10 hours ago, Groundhog said:

I really liked Warnock at Rovers, great player. That was a good listen, but odd that he seemed to be so very badly treated at every club, almost as if there's a common denominator...hmmm

That’s just football. It’s run by shithouses most of the time.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, cesus said:

I didn't realise it was the same Chris Brown who played for Rovers?? He is described as a comedian on their page - which I suppose could be a fair description of his time at Rovers it seems not the biggest self endorsement.

Ah.... there are two Chris Browns on it. How confusing, but I get it now.

image.thumb.png.c364d458861f2314fceb2ef5d97d4587.png

Edited by joey_big_nose

4 hours ago, cesus said:

Yeah there's been a few comments from him regarding our obsession with all things 1995...

2 hours ago, Ricky said:

On the Sherwood one he also follows it uk with ‘and then shit like me turns up’. 

...but that was funny to be fair to him...

Interesting in the Sherwood episode he mentions Ipswich have removed all of their history and achievements from the walls of the ground, go figure...

Maybe it is a thing, who knows? As a player maybe you do walk into Ewood and see the images of Jack lifting the Premier League, Shearer etc and think "how do I even compare to this". Sometimes you need to let people make their own history, I suppose it depends on the person - doesn't help when our owners seem to be actively halting any chance of achieving anything.

Brown turned up- on a free i think - almost 20 years after 1995 so he's flattering himself somewhat to think anyone actually expected anything from him in the first place.

• Like 5

Listened to this today, really enjoyed it.

Loved the stories on Big Sam - great man-manager and sounds a genuinely nice bloke.

Also interesting to hear Sam's approach to big, pressure games.
Big the players up, give them specific instructions and get them fired up to believe they can win any game.

As opposed to 'as long as we're competitive / it's not a game we need to win' in a home game against a divisional rival or 'we were outstanding today' after a heavy defeat...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

He has a bee in his bonnet but to be honest i don't remember him getting much stick.

Like a few former managers as well as players and execs it's an easy stick to beat Rovers fans with to cover for themselves.

I've not met one fan in the last 20 years who still thinks or expects 1995 or anything remotely close. Just because we have a bunch of fans who expect hard work as a bare minimum from every player every game it doesn't sit well with some of these entitled wankers.

We’re already letting them off the first half of our motto, what more do they want??

• Like 1

Listened to this on the way to work this morning. 
I think Warnock won player of the year one year? Solid Rovers player in a decent era. Liked the bit about his mates being fans and being in the Blackburn End. 

Worth noting, ex-players, particularly in that era, always speak so highly about the club. The people involved behind the scenes, the way it was run, the quality of the environment, but mainly the people who worked there. 
Bellamy, Bentley, Pedersen, McCarthy, Friedal, Nelsen, they always bang on about how good the club and the people who worked there are. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, superniko said:

Listened to this on the way to work this morning. 
I think Warnock won player of the year one year? Solid Rovers player in a decent era. Liked the bit about his mates being fans and being in the Blackburn End. 

Worth noting, ex-players, particularly in that era, always speak so highly about the club. The people involved behind the scenes, the way it was run, the quality of the environment, but mainly the people who worked there. 
Bellamy, Bentley, Pedersen, McCarthy, Friedal, Nelsen, they always bang on about how good the club and the people who worked there are. 

This is what always sticks in my mind some big names in the UK and Europe and beyond have been here. Players and managers who in a lot of cases have been at some of the World or Europe's biggest clubs and you never hear a bad word about the place or the fans.

Yet we enter an era of nobodies and dollopers in every level of the club and you now struggle to hear a good word, it's all about levels though and the level of BRFC has been dragged to that akin to the back rooms of a greasy fried chicken joint in the last decade plus.

If you want hero worship then earn it.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

Also one that’ll interest us all…..
Sammie Szmodics on one with Big Sam.

Talks really well, and positive about JDT

The ‘day off’ segment is laughable. Confirms what we all assumed, lazy spineless gits, happy plodding along in the Championship (or league one)

”if you beat Sheffield Wednesday you’re off until Thursday and it’s the motivation we need” hahaha clearly not!

IMG_4713.jpeg

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

JDT frightened the life out of the lot of them at all levels of the club after years of the plod with Mowbray.

If we only we could find a board with the same drive as him but the top and bottom of it is these owners couldn't care less about promotion.  The model is all about plodding along losing 10 mill+ a season off the books with the least fuss for them as possible that's why they employ drips.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, superniko said:

Also one that’ll interest us all…..
Sammie Szmodics on one with Big Sam.

Talks really well, and positive about JDT

The ‘day off’ segment is laughable. Confirms what we all assumed, lazy spineless gits, happy plodding along in the Championship (or league one)

”if you beat Sheffield Wednesday you’re off until Thursday and it’s the motivation we need” hahaha clearly not!

IMG_4713.jpeg

There has to be a happy medium.

They're 20 year old lads that probably know this is their level, no matter how hard they work. 

Having them in every day is silly. Giving them multiple days off a week during the season is also silly 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 09/05/2024 at 12:00, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Interesting to hear what he had to say about Vince Grella. He did look a decent player when he played but he was always injured - or was he ?

I was surprised that he spoke highly of Grella as a tough and technical player without referencing his injury problems.

I'm surprised, also, to hear how eager Warnock was to leave Liverpool. It sounds like he was shafted by management by being left out of the Champions' League final squad, as his name was put on the list but then he was told there had been an error and Josemi replaced him. Maybe, Djimi Traore starting at left back frustrated him too, though they got the win, in the end.

However, In the interview, I don't think he even hints of any regret at leaving his boyhood club, Champions' League winners and the manager, Benitez, who gave him his opportunity at Liverpool. Rovers were a promising team but not Liverpool, with Gerrard near his best. Strange - though, I'm sure there's more to the story for things to have soured so badly. Moreover, I guess that Liverpool also were ready to let him go because they had Riise and then they brought in Fabio Aurelio.

Edited by riverholmes