BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Silvester sacked Baker appointed

3 hours ago, Mike Graham said:

The EFL now have a portal system and only one person per club is authorised to use it via a password.

The Club Secretary, IS, informed colleagues at 9pm (a full two hours before the the deadline) that the transfer had been completed; it was only when they completed the transfer of Fleck immediately before 11pm that they realised something was wrong.

Any system of such importance should have a fail safe checking process.  It is called a telephone and someone should have made a follow up call to check all was in order.

There is only one person to blame and he is the guy authorised to access the portal.  He has now left. 

The only people to blame for the current state at Blackburn Rovers are Venkys.

Their ownership has been nothing short of a disaster and continues every day that they are in charge. 

But yes, let's blame the long serving club secretary who was set up to submit a transfer, only to have allegedly have funds pulled at the last minute to be replaced by a hastily put together loan deal. Was it his fault with O'Brien last year too? if so, why wasn't he gone at the end of the 22-23 season? 

Was it also JDT's fault last summer when Rovers signed nobody of note for a fee? Did he rub potential signees the wrong way? No he didn't, the money tap was again, allegedly, turned off by Venkys. 

Pull your head out of the sand and you'll see who the real culprits are. 

• Like 6
  • Downvote 2

42 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

The only people to blame for the current state at Blackburn Rovers are Venkys.

Their ownership has been nothing short of a disaster and continues every day that they are in charge. 

But yes, let's blame the long serving club secretary who was set up to submit a transfer, only to have allegedly have funds pulled at the last minute to be replaced by a hastily put together loan deal. Was it his fault with O'Brien last year too? if so, why wasn't he gone at the end of the 22-23 season? 

Was it also JDT's fault last summer when Rovers signed nobody of note for a fee? Did he rub potential signees the wrong way? No he didn't, the money tap was again, allegedly, turned off by Venkys. 

Pull your head out of the sand and you'll see who the real culprits are. 

If you bothered to read my post rather than jump to conclusions I was informing people what happened rather than apportioning blame.  I don’t do conspiracy theories thank you.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Blue n White Rover said:

Broughton special.

Absolute nonsense. Employees delivering shite when having little scope to work with is a tale as old as time. Telalovic is shite because that’s what you get when you have insignificant transfer money and a tiny wage budget. 

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, J*B said:

Absolute nonsense. Employees delivering shite when having little scope to work with is a tale as old as time. Telalovic is shite because that’s what you get when you have insignificant transfer money and a tiny wage budget. 

Agreed.At least if Broughton had known at the beginning of the window what budget he had we might have seen better than Telalovic.

We had 3 players in the door in Siggy,Tronstad and Ennis and had been in talks with Batth.

If the budget had been as low from day one maybe those 3 don't happen and we target different players and don't spend half the summer chasing  unaffordable targets 

Broughton was as fucked around as anyone at the club .It's also ridiculous imo he gets grief for McGuire not happening,it is not his job to send off the paperwork nor should he have to stand over the person whose job it is.(Or it was Venkys pulling the plug)

Edited by islander200
  • Like 4

Agreed on that last point in particular.

Broughton did his part in getting the players to the doorstep.
The admin function (or whoever) then failed to bring them through the door on numerous occasions.

Missing out on O'Brien was the big one for me; that would have been a huge signing at the time.

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Agreed.At least if Broughton had known at the beginning of the window what budget he had we might have seen better than Telalovic.

We had 3 players in the door in Siggy,Tronstad and Ennis and had been in talks with Batth.

If the budget had been as low from day one maybe those 3 don't happen and we target different players and don't spend half the summer chasing  unaffordable targets 

Broughton was as fucked around as anyone at the club .It's also ridiculous imo he gets grief for McGuire not happening,it is not his job to send off the paperwork nor should he have to stand over the person whose job it is.(Or it was Venkys pulling the plug)

I think we all know this is what actually happened. 

Three times in a year.

11 hours ago, Andy said:

The admin function (or whoever) then failed to bring them through the door on numerous occasions.

Missing out on O'Brien was the big one for me; that would have been a huge signing at the time.

The O’Brien fumble was as much Broughton’s fault as Silvester, which is why he took to the press to try and smooth over. He didn’t do that for the Maguire deal until March when he gave an interview.

Broughton I believe didn’t follow protocol and it ended up being rookie staff trying to get a player to sign a contract and fill out forms. If you remember, Nixon reported that one of the names was spelt incorrectly on the form. If Broughton follows protocol, that doesn’t happen. Yet people are quick to blame Silvester for that deal. 

As for Telalovic, there were better options on the table at the time and he couldn’t secure and panicked into Telalovic.

Batth deal was never going to happen given his age and no guarantee he would perform and the player wanted a 2 year deal with an option. Rightly so it was declined. We then got McFadzean on a 6 month deal in Jan, which I am sure everyone will agree was a fantastic piece of business. However, the latter deal had nothing to do with Broughton.

He had a horrific track record of signings. I guess you all remember that the falling out he had at his last club with management too. This isn’t just at Ewood. Good riddance to him as well. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Andy said:

Totally agree but Broughton signed his own death warrent after the O'Brien fiasco. He said took responsibility for that and promised it wouldn't happen again. It did and because he took the responsibility then he now he has to go

18 minutes ago, Blue n White Rover said:

As for Telalovic, there were better options on the table at the time and he couldn’t secure and panicked into Telalovic.

who were these better option? GB has mentioned a striker from Spain who was 31 years old? 

Batth deal was never going to happen given his age and no guarantee he would perform and the player wanted a 2 year deal with an option. Rightly so it was declined. We then got McFadzean on a 6 month deal in Jan, which I am sure everyone will agree was a fantastic piece of business. However, the latter deal had nothing to do with Broughton.

Was this Waggott decision to sign him? 

He had a horrific track record of signings. I guess you all remember that the falling out he had at his last club with management too. This isn’t just at Ewood. Good riddance to him as well. 

GB has made some good signings permanently but his loan signings overall haven't been good enough. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I think we all know this is what actually happened. 

Three times in a year.

No.  

Even GB confirmed that while conspiracy theories abound it was an error within the club.

McGuires agent was advised before the player boarded the plane that we were not buying him outright; he was a rookie footballer 6 months out of college.  It was not a last minute change of mind.

Edited by Mike Graham

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

GB has made some good signings permanently but his loan signings overall haven't been good enough. 

If you're not allowed to pay a large loan fee then by default you end up with worse loan signings

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue n White Rover said:

The O’Brien fumble was as much Broughton’s fault as Silvester, which is why he took to the press to try and smooth over. He didn’t do that for the Maguire deal until March when he gave an interview.

Broughton I believe didn’t follow protocol and it ended up being rookie staff trying to get a player to sign a contract and fill out forms. If you remember, Nixon reported that one of the names was spelt incorrectly on the form. If Broughton follows protocol, that doesn’t happen. Yet people are quick to blame Silvester for that deal. 

Easy to lay blame for just about everything on him now that he is going out the door, almost like he's the latest sacrificial lamb to cover over the continuing shit show above him, eh Stevie.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Mike Graham said:

If you bothered to read my post rather than jump to conclusions I was informing people what happened rather than apportioning blame.  I don’t do conspiracy theories thank you.

And some of us do appreciate the info thanks.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mike Graham said:

No.  

Even GB confirmed that while conspiracy theories abound it was an error within the club.

McGuires agent was advised before the player boarded the plane that we were not buying him outright; he was a rookie footballer 6 months out of college.  It was not a last minute change of mind.

We where not signing him outright, yet agreed to do exactly that for 2.3M quid before pulling the plug?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue n White Rover said:

Agree with much of this, and my gut feeling about Broughton has always been that he is out of his depth.

Broughton had no previous experience at this kind of level, (he had various youth roles), and was reportedly the second choice for the job.

That said, he has clearly been undermined by a much bigger culprit, the grotesque Mr Waggott.

Good luck to the next poor sod who replaces Broughton.

Even if he is any good, he’s got no chance at Venky Rovers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike Graham said:

No.  

Cmon pal

.you ain't that gullible

Once , mistakes happen..3 times ? Really?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AndyB said:

If you're not allowed to pay a large loan fee then by default you end up with worse loan signings

don't agree there. We had Hirst but JDT couldn't get him scoring. McKenna did for example. Thomas was a player I thought would be right good asset for us but we couldn't get the best out of him. 

3 hours ago, martonrover said:

Broughton had no previous experience at this kind of level, (he had various youth roles), and was reportedly the second choice for the job.

So you would like his replacement to have plenty of experience and championship experience? 

Yes he was second choice but his background was very similar to Dan Ashworth and Stuart Webber. 

23 hours ago, Mike Graham said:

I read your post. I didn't jump to any conclusions. It certainly read like you were blaming Sylvester. I've no reason to doubt that he did cock it up but Venkys, not the now former club secretary, are the ultimate problem at Blackburn Rovers. The club shouldn't be scraping around for players at the end of the transfer window. 

As for conspiracy theories. It was widely reported that the Maguire deal changed at the last minute. You said that Maguire's agent knew that the deal had changed before he got on the plane. This article says it occurred whilst he was "en route"; CBS Sports - Maguire deal collapses.

It was also well known that JDT had his budget slashed last summer. Here is the BBC reporting on it; BBC - "very serious situation" at Rovers.

Venkys could do two things that would alleviate a lot of problems; sell up, or run the club properly. It doesn't look like they will do either though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So you would like his replacement to have plenty of experience and championship experience?

Someone with more experience of senior level football would be preferable, eg an ex-manager, but the reality is, no matter who they hire, it’s simply a case of rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.

There’s been an ever changing list of personnel in senior positions ever since these owners took over.

If we get someone competent, Waggott will soon see them off to protect his own position.

It’s all futile.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Someone with more experience of senior level football would be preferable, eg an ex-manager, but the reality is, no matter who they hire, it’s simply a case of rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.

There’s been an ever changing list of personnel in senior positions ever since these owners took over.

If we get someone competent, Waggott will soon see them off to protect his own position.

It’s all futile.

Director of Football is an administrative role.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, martonrover said:

It’s all futile.

Surely you want someone experience in the director of football like Les Ferdinand or Alex Aldridge or Paul Watson? 

why an Ex manager who has never been director of football? 

if any staff member who is underperforming should leave and been replace 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Director of Football is an administrative role.

Surely it’s far more than , and is about the football philosophy of a club and recruitment .

Secretary and finance are administrative roles.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Surely you want someone experience in the director of football like Les Ferdinand or Alex Aldridge or Paul Watson? 

why an Ex manager who has never been director of football? 

if any staff member who is underperforming should leave and been replace 

Ideally, yes, but which experienced , self respecting director of football will come here?
It simply doesn’t matter who comes, because Rovers are riddled with gravy drinking rats in the boardroom who run riot in the owners’ absence.

I remember saying to you about a year ago that Broughton would be replaced by another goon in a year or two, when you were lauding the club  for appointing a director of football.

It’s a conveyor belt of hopelessness.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Ideally, yes, but which experienced , self respecting director of football will come here?

Plenty of DoF's will come cos it a job and they are getting paid for it. Lets see who we appoint as GB's replacement. Would you take someone like Brian McDermott as Rovers next appointment given his football background as DoF at Hibs plus he has been scout at Arsenal for years and former manager at Reading and Leeds 

10 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I remember saying to you about a year ago that Broughton would be replaced by another goon in a year or two, when you were lauding the club  for appointing a director of football.

I think this structure of DoF with head coach is the correct one for any football club to go with. Its modern day football nowadays. It works in well in football.