BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen Bid

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we do get Pedersen for that mount of money, it would be a tremendous bit of business achieved by the club. Not done yet, however it could be difficult facing competition from clubs such as United and Newcastle.

But with age definitely on his side, his potential can only get better and he could be at the club for many seasons to go, hopefully.

£1.5m bid lined up for Norwegian winger

Tbh it's less of a gamble to bring a Scandinavian player to England than it is a southern European one. The scandinavian style of football is similar to the English, we all speak english and the difference in culture and lifestyle is smaller. Not much difference between a Norwegian and a Brit really wink.gif Maybe that's what Souness meant, the type of player rather than the actual nationality. I don't really think he cares whether it's an Irish or English player, even if only one of them is a Brit wink.gif

could anyone who is from norway, translate this for us please

I denne artikkelen kommer det frem at TIL er i samtaler med Blackburn angående Gamst!!! selger TIL Gamsten til den første og beste! Da klikke det for mæ! Det er ingen grunn til å selge han nå. Vi SKAL og må ha en GO erstatter på plass. Det går ikke ant å selge spillerne sine når man ligger på toppen av tippeligaen og er den klubben som spiller best! Det kommer aldri til å tilgis! Tippe publikumstallene kommer til å stupe ved ett salg!

i found it on the tromso messageboard.

I denne artikkelen kommer det frem at TIL er i samtaler med Blackburn angående Gamst!!! selger TIL Gamsten til den første og beste! Da klikke det for mæ! Det er ingen grunn til å selge han nå. Vi SKAL og må ha en GO erstatter på plass. Det går ikke ant å selge spillerne sine når man ligger på toppen av tippeligaen og er den klubben som spiller best! Det kommer aldri til å tilgis! Tippe publikumstallene kommer til å stupe ved ett salg!

I'm not Norwegian but Swedish. Can translate anyway, although there might be some minor errors wink.gif

"In this article it's revealed that TIL (I suppose that's Tromsö) is in talks with Blackburn regarding Gamst!! They're (TIL) selling him to the first club that comes along! (Could also be "the first and best", but doubt it) It makes me snap! There's no reason to sell him now. We MUST have a good replacement first. You can't sell players when you're on top of Tippeligan (Norwegian PL) and is the best-playing club! It will never be .... (not sure, could be "allowed")! I think attendances will drop considerably if he's sold"

So basicly it's an angry fan, even if I may have some details wrong wink.gif

I denne artikkelen kommer det frem at TIL er i samtaler med Blackburn angående Gamst!!!      selger TIL Gamsten til den første og beste! Da klikke det for mæ!  Det er ingen grunn til å selge han nå. Vi SKAL og må ha en GO erstatter på plass. Det går ikke ant å selge spillerne sine når man ligger på toppen av tippeligaen og er den klubben som spiller best! Det kommer aldri til å tilgis! Tippe publikumstallene kommer til å stupe ved ett salg!

I'm not Norwegian but Swedish. Can translate anyway, although there might be some minor errors wink.gif

"In this article it's revealed that TIL (I suppose that's Tromsö) is in talks with Blackburn regarding Gamst!! They're (TIL) selling him to the first club that comes along! (Could also be "the first and best", but doubt it) It makes me snap! There's no reason to sell him now. We MUST have a good replacement first. You can't sell players when you're on top of Tippeligan (Norwegian PL) and is the best-playing club! It will never be .... (not sure, could be "allowed")! I think attendances will drop considerably if he's sold"

So basicly it's an angry fan, even if I may have some details wrong wink.gif

thanks lathund!!! wink.gif

so it seems that the tromso fans believe that MGP is signing for us.

Well, speaking as a fan of a club that's been in Tromsös situation many times; When a foreign club, especially from a good league, makes a bid for one of our players we expect him to leave. And who could blame them? Even if they "only" got £2k/week they'd still make much more than they do now, at least thats true for most players in the Swedish league. Pretty sure there's more money in Norway, but not sure about Tromsös finances.

If we do get Pedersen for that mount of money, it would be a tremendous bit of business achieved by the club. Not done yet, however it could be difficult facing competition from clubs such as United and Newcastle.

But with age definitely on his side, his potential can only get better and he could be at the club for many seasons to go, hopefully.

£1.5m bid lined up for Norwegian winger

what we said when Newcastle were beaten to Emerton by us last season

heres hoping

Article on dagbladet.no said today that although Villa and Newcastle were watching Gamst Pedersen during their last game, they had talks with someone from Rovers. The Tromsø boardmember interviewed said he couldn't remember the name but that the person was a "boardmember"?

Anyways, no mention of a bid. Just "talks".

Good translation Lathund, just a minor mistake (tilgis = forgiven).

Ah. You learn some Norwegian every day I suppose wink.gif I figured it could mean "tillåtet", which means allowed. But maybe I should've gotten that, it made sense and we have the word "tillgift" as well.

Blackburn har bestemt seg for å komme med et bud på Tromsøs stortalent Morten Gamst Pedersen.

Blackburn Rovers har lenge hatt Morten Gamst Pedersen i kikkerten, og etter at flere andre klubber har kommet på banen, har de nå bestemt seg for å legge inn et bud på unggutten.

Etter det TV 2 Sporten erfarer, skal engelskmennene nå forberede et bud på 2 millioner pund, som de vil komme med til Tromsø i løpet av de nærmeste dagene.

- Dette kjenner jeg ikke noe til, sier Tromsø-trener Per-Mathias Høgmo til TV 2 Nettavisen.

Høgmo ønsker ikke å tenke noe på om fremtiden i klubben blir med eller uten kometen på venstrekanten.

- Vi har ingen kommentarer før vi har noe konkret på bordet fra en klubb, sier han.

Også Aston Villa, Newcastle og Manchester United har Gamst Pedersen i søkelyset, og vil se ham i aksjon mot Molde 20. mai.

Whats this one about? Just the general idea if you have time. Cheers rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Blackburn har bestemt seg for å komme med et bud på Tromsøs stortalent Morten Gamst Pedersen.

Blackburn Rovers har lenge hatt Morten Gamst Pedersen i kikkerten, og etter at flere andre klubber har kommet på banen, har de nå bestemt seg for å legge inn et bud på unggutten.

Etter det TV 2 Sporten erfarer, skal engelskmennene nå forberede et bud på 2 millioner pund, som de vil komme med til Tromsø i løpet av de nærmeste dagene.

- Dette kjenner jeg ikke noe til, sier Tromsø-trener Per-Mathias Høgmo til TV 2 Nettavisen.

Høgmo ønsker ikke å tenke noe på om fremtiden i klubben blir med eller uten kometen på venstrekanten.

- Vi har ingen kommentarer før vi har noe konkret på bordet fra en klubb, sier han.

Også Aston Villa, Newcastle og Manchester United har Gamst Pedersen i søkelyset, og vil se ham i aksjon mot Molde 20. mai.

Whats this one about? Just the general idea if you have time. Cheers rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Very briefly:

Blackburn have decided to make a bid for MGP after other clubs have joined the race. According to TV2 Blackburn are preparing a bid worth £2m during the next few days.

Tromsö manager Per-Mathias Høgmo claims he has no knowledge of this. He says they have no comments until they have a concrete bid.

Aston Villa, Newcastle and Man U have also targeted MGP and want to see him in action against Molde on May 20.

So it's an old article.

Good to see us finally making a proper move for him and getting in there before anyone else. £1.5m is not a bad bit of business (already stated) for a promising young left-sided midfielder.

Lets hope this progresses well.

I know people will compared this to Emerton (by saying we are beating bigger clubs for a sought-after talent) but we can't use that logic for EVERY promising signing.

He's young.

He's left-sided.

He's playing well (albeit in a lower quality league).

Let's get him tinykit.giftinykit.giftinykit.gif

Guardian says O'Leary had him watched on Thursday and will be putting in a £2m bid. Prepare for disappointment.

With Barry and Whittingham, I don't see why O'Leary wants another left winger.

But then again, it was O'Leary who decided he needed Robbie Fowler when he already had about 403 strikers on the Leeds roster. So you never know.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.