BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Flitcroft

And the mention that nothing official has been heard from Celtic concerning the Andrew Cole rumour made me wonder if there had been 'unoffical' contact...........

Sounds as though the club are hoping there will be official contact soon.

Every time Souness is quoted regarding the strikers he praises Dickov to the heavens and pointedly avoids making any reference to Cole.

I'm afraid I can only see one outcome. sad.gif

Show us the quotes.

Oh you can't - it's another bee in the Revidge bonnet.

There was the one LET article the day we signed Dickov and suddenly you've turned it into a vendetta by the entire management structure at Rovers against Andy Cole.

Which would be completely understandable given the Lazy One's pick-and-choose attitude as to when he wants to perform rather than moan at his colleagues or test the hips with his hands, or jet off to Dubai on the back of a stupid red card, but it's not happening so don't invent things to suit your increasingly ridiculous agenda. mad.gif

Been on the sherbets by any chance?

We'll wait and see who's wrong then.

unsure.gif

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was the one LET article the day we signed Dickov and suddenly you've turned it into a vendetta by the entire management structure at Rovers against Andy Cole.

Which would be completely understandable given the Lazy One's pick-and-choose attitude as to when he wants to perform rather than moan at his colleagues or test the hips with his hands, or jet off to Dubai on the back of a stupid red card, but it's not happening so don't invent things to suit your increasingly ridiculous agenda. mad.gif

Speaking of vendettas...why you got it in for Andy Cole so much? You'll stick up for Dwight Yorke until the cows come home but for Cole...nope. This despite Cole continually putting in better performances than Yorke all throughout last season. Yet whenever there is any hint of a problem with Cole you come down on him like a ton of bricks.

Oh and lazy? Sorry, just not true. So what if he stands with his hands on his hips? Maybe the fella just likes mincing...

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Flitcroft has been an immense player and has done a well good job for us over the seasons, led us to promotion, won worthy cup, 6th in the prem n all as captain etc.

he played sometimes out of position last season to help out and my point of view is that G.S has given the captaincy to baz because he wants someone new to lead us into the hopefully successful future.

i think flitcroft will play a lot of games this season in the middle with baz and wont be a forgotten man, he's a good, strong battler and we need him. it will be an immense battlefield for us to get control of games in the centre of the pitch. i lot of tough tackles me thinks.

i think tugay and flitty will rotate depending on who the opposition is and obviously injuries and suspensions. tugay may not play as much this season even tho he hasn't had hardly any injuries in the past and is one of our best players, his age n all are not on his side.

As for andy cole, i've given him a fair bit of stick in the past and on this message bored i've been slated about it under the topic JANSEN.

he does work hard for the team, he has had personal problems which were publicly stated and still got on with the job. the thing when he puts he hands on his hips and looks down on the pitch i think is just frustration.

he knows he can do better and feels he's letting everyone down when he misses as his record shows... 2nd highest prem scorer of all time behind you know who. he just loves scoring goals. an amazing achievement and long may it continue.

Dickov scored more PL goals than Cole last season... playing for Leicester!!

Why was that? - Because he works his socks off!

Cole doesn't know the meaning of working one's socks off, he probably even gets someone to take his off after a game!

please tell you are not trying to say that the second best goalscorer of all time in th PL is not as good as Paul Dickov, who most his career has not been good enough to even play in th PL, unless he's got relegated in a single season.

Cole doesn't know the meaning of working one's socks off, he probably even gets someone to take his off after a game!

please tell you are not trying to say that the second best goalscorer of all time in th PL is not as good as Paul Dickov, who most his career has not been good enough to even play in th PL, unless he's got relegated in a single season.

I'd guess he's trying to say that if Dickov had the natural talent Cole has he wouldn't be #2 all time, he'd be #1 (or if Cole had the desire Dickov had).

I'd guess he's trying to say that if Dickov had the natural talent Cole has he wouldn't be #2 all time, he'd be #1 (or if Cole had the desire Dickov had).

Either way it's complete @#/?. Cole DID work his socks off and anyone who say's otherwise is basically a bit of a clown blink.gif

I personally feel its an injustice to Flitcroft.

Here's a guy who's stuck by Rovers through thick and thin only to see a chap who's played a handful of games replace him as captain.

Having said that maybe Flitty asked to be relinquished of the captain's armband??

Flitcroft is one of my favourite players but his days at the club looked numbered. It sounds as if he has had a barney with our esteemed manager, so nothing new there then.

Now, now Simon. You should know better than to upset the unemployed former master brewer, expecially when he's out of his tree (again) after spending what's left of his redundancy money in yet another pub!

Here's a guy who's stuck by Rovers through thick and thin only to see a chap who's played a handful of games replace him as captain.

Having said that maybe Flitty asked to be relinquished of the captain's armband??

I think you'll have to concider the fact that Flitty aint gonna be in the regular starting 11 next season, whilst Bazza sure is.

I think you'll have to concider the fact that Flitty aint gonna be in the regular starting 11 next season, whilst Bazza sure is.

Let's hope you are right and that he doesn't suffer a relapse soon after returning.

Maybe it would have been better to give Flitty one more season and ensured Ferguson made a succesful return from injury.?

Flitcroft is one of my favourite players but his days at the club looked numbered. It sounds as if he has had a barney with our esteemed manager, so nothing new there then.

Now, now Simon. You should know better than to upset the unemployed former master brewer, expecially when he's out of his tree (again) after spending what's left of his redundancy money in yet another pub!

Now I know you're a former journalist Jim and as such prone to twisting the truth but even for you that's a good one. Dear me you really are a card, i'll have to get on to the home and get them to up your medication.

Now I know you're a former journalist Jim and as such prone to twisting the truth but even for you that's a good one. Dear me you really are a card, i'll have to get on to the home and get them to up your medication.

A former journalist?

He regularly appears to be doing a night shift still!

Wonder if matron knows he's up and about at 2am your time accessing the internet wink.gif

If this summer has taught us anything , it is that players should be judged on how they perform NOW not in the past .

It should be interesting whether or not Dickov manages to oust Cole this season or helps to improve him. A hardworking Dickov can only be a massive improvement on Yorke either way.

Tide and time wait for no man SAR. Sometimes you need to be cruel to be kind. Flitty's been a good servant and I've stuck up for him and praised him frequently (just ask Rev) but his time at Ewood is coming to a close. As I said before GS only intended to offer him a one year deal last summer but Flitty's agent managed to ratchet it up to a two year deal. All last season GF appeared sluggish caused imo by being at least half a stone overweight, what kind of responsiblity on his part is that? We need a replacement 'getter and giver/ enforcer' and if we have any dosh left then imo Tomas Graveson is the man..... although I fear that unless a few players depart that Matteo will be the last summer signing.

The Prem is a tough environment that punishes sentimentality. Let me ask you a question SAR, if you were GS and the only way to sign a better / younger player that you wanted to improve the team both immediately and over a longer term was to part company with a fast fading star and release up some dosh for wages what would you do?

please tell you are not trying to say that the second best goalscorer of all time in th PL is not as good as Paul Dickov,  who most his career has not been good enough to even play in th PL, unless he's got relegated in a single season.

If this summer has taught us anything , it is that players should be judged on how they perform NOW not in the past .

It should be interesting whether or not Dickov manages to oust Cole this season or helps to improve him. A hardworking Dickov can only be a massive improvement on Yorke either way.

ok, but you can only judge players on their past, unless you have a crystal ball, when Cole was winning the treble wasn't Dickov playing in Div 2.

Anyway maybe Dickov will do better then Cole, I just think Cole's different class, and that's generally accepted.

I don't think you can judge players on one season sometimes, Ashley Ward and Blake both scored 12 goals in a PL season in teams that went down and Dickov scored 11 excluding penalties, which is the same as Cole and Cole had a BAD season by his standards, and Dickov his greatest ever.

I would just rather see Stead and Cole on the team sheet, then Stead and Dickov, but not sure what souness has planned.

Flitty has just been on SSN, saying that he's upset at losing the captaincy. Not just that, but the fact that the only way he knows about it is through the press. Nobody at ewood has told him.

If it's true, it's a poor way for rovers to go about their business.

Flitty has just been on SSN, saying that he's upset at losing the captaincy. Not just that, but the fact that the only way he knows about it is through the press. Nobody at ewood has told him.

Sounds like he'll be on his way then, especially if he's openly talking to the press about it all.

As much as I feel he's past his best, it sounds like shoddy treatment of a player who has given loyal service to Rovers through good times and bad.

He definitely must have fallen out with Souness over something - maybe the comments Flit made in the LET a few months back?

Agree with you there den. If that is the case its a disgrace and shows the lack of man management by certain parties at Ewood.

Souness may be right in appointing Fergie as captain, but he should have had the decency to tell Flitcroft that he was loosing the arm band.

Personaly I could accept if part of my job or my responsibilities was given to someone else, but if I wasnt informed and heard it on the office grape vine I'd be p ## off. and more that likely have some choice words with my manager.

Flitters upset about a lack of honesty and finding out disturbing truths through the press..........? Now he knows how his wife felt .... unsure.gif

without flitty at the club or even in the side then we are niot as tough as we would like. he brings us taht toughness, somebody who is willing to but everything into a tackle to try and help us win a game...more players shoudl be like him. i certainly want him to stay with rovers, but if he moves on then it will be a shame.

I`ve stuck by Flitty in the past.

I`ve also said it is great that Ferguson is the new captain.

However, no matter who was the previous captain, they should have been told personally face to face. If Flitty has found out about it through the press then i`m afraid my faith in Souness will sink to an all time low and look forward to plenty more spats between him and the players over the coming season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.