BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 - 1 West Brom

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friedel is definitely starting. Keith O'Neill was just at Ewood on Soccer AM and said Thommo told him he passed a fitness test.

we knew that yesterday when he was picked for the squad. Although most likely he will start, its not for sure. Seems a bit harsh to put enckleman on the bench when he has conceded 1 goal in about 9 games.

Our team:

Friedel

Gray

Amoruso

Short

Matteo

De Pedro

Gresko

Ferguson

Emerton

Yorke

Stead

Bench:

Johansson

Gallagher

Dickov

Tugay

Enckelman

Whats up with the defense?

Why is Johansson dropped?

More importantly who is playing right back?Where is Matteo playing...

new season...same old story...

Sky Sports reporting that West Brom is all over us and playing much better than us,and should have had a penalty a minute before they scored.

We havent tested their keeper either.

Very VERY VERY disappointing.

45 minutes to turn this around.

Bolton,Villa,City have all made good starts.

Second half team:

Friedel

Amoruso  Short  Matteo
Emerton                    Gray
        Tugay     Ferguson
              Yorke
         Stead    Dickov

Edited by LeChuck

No, it's...

Friedel

Emerton   Short   Amoruso   Gray

Ferguson Matteo Gresko

De Pedro

Yorke    Stead

Excellent, Souness wins the "how many players can I play out of position despite having virtually a full squad" 2004/5 award, already. Congratulations.

Second half team:

Friedel

Amoruso  Short  Matteo
Emerton                    Gray
        Tugay     Ferguson
              Yorke
         Stead    Dickov

Ah.....now that's a bit better.

Well...a draw isn't actually too bad as a first game of the season. Though we really have to look to get much better. I'm not overjoyed, as I would have liked to get a win, but a draw to start will do.

You're joking? 1-1 against a team who are one of the favouries for relegation??? If we can't beat one of the worst teams at home, what hope do we have? As usual giving away stupid free kicks and having loads of pressure with no end product. Seems like we have carried on where we left off last season..... tinykit.gif

Well...a draw isn't actually too bad as a first game of the season. Though we really have to look to get much better. I'm not overjoyed, as I would have liked to get a win, but a draw to start will do.

You're joking? 1-1 against a team who are one of the favouries for relegation??? If we can't beat one of the worst teams at home, what hope do we have? As usual giving away stupid free kicks and having loads of pressure with no end product. Seems like we have carried on where we left off last season..... tinykit.gif

Did you watch or listen to the match? West Brom were worthy of a point. No one likes to play promoted clubs on the opening day for the obvious reasons. I bet Arsenal are glad they didn't have to play them.

Well looking at last years start where Rovers came off winning 5 - 0 and then having a poor season I think its safe to say that the first game means nothing in the long run...then again Wolves did go down unsure.gif

Lets just be positive that we got something out of it. biggrin.gif

Did you watch or listen to the match? West Brom were worthy of a point. No one likes to play promoted clubs on the opening day for the obvious reasons. I bet Arsenal are glad they didn't have to play them.

Yes, I bet Arsenal would have been really worried. West Brom were all over us for the first half and quite a bit of the second. West Brom were worthy of a point, that isn't and wasn't my point!!

Ah well, I guess a point is better than nothing, just seems as if it's a new season but, the same old story.

Couldn't go today because of work, almost glad I didn't sad.gif

Sounded like we were a lot better in the second half & we got back into a game that we might have lost last season. Why was Flitcroft not even on the bench? Was it just tactical or has there been another falling out? When you look at the 16 we put out we are desperate for somebody 'special' the only glimmer of hope is that we have Thommo to come back, but he can blow hot & cold. Why couldn't we have picked somebody up like Kanu? At least after todays result we won't be too complacent as maybe we were last season after stuffing Wolves.

Will people lay off Dickov now?

tinykit.gif

Edited by TROOPER

10 years ago the last time we drew 1-1 and we know what happened that season

Yeah, I remember we had a fantastic team and we drew 1-1 against our bogey team Southampton away from home. Big difference. I'm not arguing that promoted teams come out of the traps quickly, but surely we should should come of the traps quickly also? This was one of our easiest home games, the next two will be far far far more trickly. rolleyes.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.