• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of sky sports.....CLARE TOMLINSON wink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

What a dream!!!

Not on topic as such but it would be interesting to hear if people prefer her

1 ruffled hair standing on the touchline look

OR

2 sleek studio style trouser suit look

Glad to see her getting the promotion she deserves of sky, what a talent!

The start of a new campaign is just one day away, and the excitement is almost unbearable tinykit.gif

This is a game we should win, and I believe its vital for us to get something out of games like this if we want to secure PL survival.

Our squad for the game:

Friedel, Enckelman, Neill, Short, Amoruso, Johansson, Gray, Emerton, Tugay, Gresko, De Pedro, Matteo, Ferguson, Stead, Yorke, Dickov, Flitcroft, Gallagher

I hope our starting lineup will look something like this:

Friedel

Neill     Amoruso     Matteo     Gray

Emo     Ferguson    Flitcroft     De Pedro

Gally          Stead

I wouldnt be suprised if Souness decides that this our best XI on the day:

Friedel

Neill     Amoruso     Johanson     Gray

Flitcroft     Ferguson     Matteo     Gresko

Yorke         Stead

As for the prediction

Rovers 4

WBA 2

Att: 24 670

Edited by krislu

Speaking of sky sports.....CLARE TOMLINSON   

What a dream!!!

Not on topic as such but it would be interesting to hear if people prefer her

1 ruffled hair standing on the touchline look

OR

2 sleek studio style trouser suit look

Glad to see her getting the promotion she deserves of sky, what a talent!

Ask Bryan Robson wink.gif

Apologies for two posts in a row, but I thought this would make the most sense in the match preview thread.

Just a question for everyone: IS ANYONE ELSE WORRIED BY REPORTS THAT DWIGHT YORKE IS STARTING TOMORROW?

I certainly hope he comes good and I'd love to eat my words on this... but I'd much rather see Dickov or Gally or even Jansen in the XI as of right now. I mean, it's all well and good to make up with Yorke because you don't have enough strikers, but to automatically vault him into the first team is completely ludicrous IMO. Am I alone on this?

This is the only sour note on something that I am really looking for.

I was really happy when I read that Yorke was last choice (even behind Matty) Souey had looked to have backed this up to but 'tough man Souey' backs down again. YORKE NEEDS TO STOP LIVING OFF HIS PAST GLORIES.

He has 1 more chance from me now and thats only because he will be in blue and white tomorrow tinykit.gif

Apologies for two posts in a row, but I thought this would make the most sense in the match preview thread.

Just a question for everyone: IS ANYONE ELSE WORRIED BY REPORTS THAT DWIGHT YORKE IS STARTING TOMORROW?

I certainly hope he comes good and I'd love to eat my words on this... but I'd much rather see Dickov or Gally or even Jansen in the XI as of right now. I mean, it's all well and good to make up with Yorke because you don't have enough strikers, but to automatically vault him into the first team is completely ludicrous IMO. Am I alone on this?

yes i read that on teamtalk this morning and going to change my tip to

1-1

fergie - kanu

im shocked, this guy gave nothing last year and now all of a sudden souness is in love with him

hell be found out sooner rather than later, and we will regret the 400k donation

So what lee hughes chant shall we be singing???  blink.gif

Well, it’s fun in a Mercedes,

Too slow in a Renault,

Hughesy you get ready,

Now go, Lee, go....

But don’t you laugh at the Baggies' blues..

You can do anything but lay off of the Baggies' blues.

Well, you can knock me down,

Step in my face,

Slander my name

All over the place.

Do anything that you want to do, but uh-uh,

Blimey, run off now Lee Hughes

Don’t you laugh at the Baggies' blues.

You can do anything but lay off of the Baggies' blues...

You can burn off rubber,

Drive too far,

Drink your liquor

In a speeding car.....

Do anything that you want to do, but uh-uh,

Quickly, run off now Lee Hughes

Don’t you laugh at the Baggies' blues.

You can do anything but lay off of the Baggies' blues. ....

Just finished reading this article on Soccernet. Sky Sports seem to think that Dickov will start on the bench because of the knock he picked up this past week, but the article mentions that all three new arrivals are expected to be in the starting eleven tomorrow. If Soccernet turns out to be right, I think we'll see the following:

Friedel

Neill   Matteo   Amoruso   Gray

Emerton   Ferguson   de Pedro

Yorke

Dickov  Stead

I'm not sure we'd play 3 strikers in the same team after what Souey has said about being harder to play against. I'm expecting us to line up like this:

Friedel

Neill     Amoruso    Johansson   Gray

Emerton   Ferguson    Matteo  De Pedro

Stead      Yorke

Matteo may possibly play centre back and either Flitty or Gresko (yes, it could happen blink.gif) in centre midfield with Ferguson.

Edited by LeChuck

I'd much rather it be your way, LeChuck, but I remember something about Souey saying that he could play Matteo in midfield on the road, which would suggest that he'd be a bit more attacking at home and play with a proper midfielder instead of the naturally defensive-minded Matteo. Not that Yorke is a proper midfielder, but if Dickov is still playing then the only way to accomodate him would be to put him in the hole behind the strikers--not a prospect I'd be looking forward to but one that I think is a possibility for tomorrow nonetheless.

That being said, give me the lineup LeChuck had but substitute Yorke for Dickov, and I'd be a pretty happy camper.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.