BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 - 1 West Brom

Brilliant!

As for the game, the Baggies are not the "just come up for relegation" cannon fodder most pundits would take them for. A lot of money spent, some canny signings and a shrewd manager in Gary Megson.

This is a desperately important fixture for the Rovers as I struggle to predict where we would register our first win if we don't beat WBA- the opening fixtures are so tough.

The Baggies will be going all out for a first day result so expect something closer to a cup-tie rather than an ordinary Prem game.

I think win,draw and lose are equal probabilities. I'm going for 2-2 in a very entertaining scrap.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After an impressive pre-season im afraid were going to be disapointed with a frustrating 1-1 draw. Emerton and Kanu to score. The baggies will be well up for this one with a massive following. Megson has strengthened his squad with some good players who have premiership experience. The ewood park nightmare continues.

Enckleman

Neill Amoruso Matteo Gray

Emerton Thompson Ferguson De pedro

Stead Dickov

subs, yelldell, gresko, yorke, tugay, gallagher

This is assuming friedel still injured.

Gary Megson has performed miracles to get the Baggies promoted, for the second time, with a team that lacks a proven striker. On both occasions the Baggies have now gained promotion with hardworking industrious teams.

However unlike their previous flirtation with the premier league, Megson has this time ventured into the transfer market during the summer to strengthen his defence and the acquisition of Arsenal forward Kanu should be a big benefit for a goal shy outfit. Whether this will be sufficient to to ensure premiership survival this time remains to be seen, as there appears to be no other proven striker at the club.

What the Baggies do have is a gem in play maker in Jason Koumas, which Rovers’ midfield will need harness otherwise his sublime passing ability could cause an upset on the opening day of the season for the Rovers.

With Megson’s cautious tactical approach I suspect the Baggies game will utilise their defensive strengths relying on Koumas feeding Kanu for break away goal attempts. Therefore if Rovers don’t get an early goal, resulting in the Baggies having to come out and attack, this could be a dire game for the spectator with a goal less draw being the most obvious prediction.

Patrick Barclay in the Sunday Telegraph argued today that Norwich and West Brom might stay up. Who are under threat if this happens? We are, along with Everton and maybe Portsmouth. If so, it might be a must win game!!

Patrick Barclay in the Sunday Telegraph argued today that Norwich and West Brom might stay up. Who are under threat if this happens? We are, along with Everton and maybe Portsmouth. If so, it might be a must win game!!

All 15 team outside the top 5.

Well, ever since promotion three seasons ago, the team we've played on the first day of the season have everntually been relegated that very same season:

Derby

Sunderland

Wolves

It's gonna be 3-1 to Rovers and WBA will go down (again) at the end of the season. There's logic for yer!

Ste biggrin.gif

Sounds to me like he is just trying to stand out from the crowd.

Arsenal to win league again

Norwich and Brom to go down and one other

Rovers - 3 Brom - 0

Stead (2)

Fergy (1)

we have to win - just because my boss is a baggies fan and wont ever let me forget it if we lose

My predictions for the upcoming season - Rovers to finish midtable.

Jim to burst a blood vessel as all his doom and gloom predictions dont come true. Stead to be the biggest English goal scorer in the league.

Emerton to have two good games

Barry Ferguson to have more stupid haircuts

David Thompson to look more and more like a gypsy

Arsenal to win the league, just beating Chelsea by 2 points- and it all going down to the last day.

Manchester United to finish 3rd by 1 point ahead of Liverpool.

Emile Heskey to still be crap

David Dunn to spend 3/4 of the season injured (but he'd still be great for Rovers, honest, a great loss.[yeah right])

none of my predictions to come anywhere near right (except for Arsenal)

none of my predictions to come anywhere near right (except for Arsenal)

Wrong, I think that you were spot on saying that Thommo is turning into a Gypo.

Check the new Rovers Shop soon (Thommo's caravan) to pick up your Thommo Lucky Heather to help keep Rovers in good Stead (no pun intended) for the season ahead

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.