BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 - 1 West Brom

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to change my prediction. I think the FA will stage the game in prison so Lee Hughes can play.

Rovers 0-5 WBA
           Bruiser(2)
           Skull crusher
           Hughes
           Little Bitch

edit: is that better?

Edited by Tom Pringle

hers a fact of note...the last 3 seasons the team playing the rovers in the 1st game (derby, sunderland and wolves last year) have all ended up going down

so i ask myself what is the point of west brom turning up for the game and just give the rovers the 3 points?

Attendance - 17,562

Are you taking the mick mate? WBA are bringing around 4,500 fans up so with this in mind you only expect 13,000 Rovers fans turning up?

I would expect the same kind of crowd as against Wolves 1st day last yr.

As for the game, i think it will be 2-1 to the Rovers with Amo and Stead on the score sheet

I want to change my prediction. I think the FA will stage the game in prison so Lee Hughes can play.

Rovers 0-5 WBA
           Bruiser(2)
           Skull crusher
           Hughes
           Little Bitch

edit: is that better?

also the player that is named "man of the match" is allowed to drop the soap

Are we doing the Premiership Predictions League thing (or whatever it was called) this year? I started missing predictions so I gave up on the whole thing, but I didn't know if anyone else kept up.

How did it work again? Three points for a correct result, one extra for correct goals for one of the sides and three extra for a correct scoreline? To be honest I don't even remember.

Just curious.

2-0 to Rovers (Dickov, Amoruso) if Big Brad is playing. Otherwise 2-1 as a shot squeezes into a corner where the longest arms in football would have saved it.

Not getting 3 points is too frightening to think about given the nasty run of fixtures that follows Saturday's game.

Rovers 2 -  0 WBA

Stead

De Pedro

That's what I was gonna say! biggrin.gif

Guess I'll have to change it to

Rovers 2

Stead

De Pedro

West Brom 1

Lee Hughes with a killer of a goal dry.gif

Sorry ph34r.gif

Edited by Gareth

Very concerned nobody has predicted a Baggies away win. Even the Baggies boards don't seem optimistic.

Have to say that of all the opening day fixtures, our's is the one which looks the most likely to produce the not very surprising "shock".

This summer has also seen a couple of new innovations down at Ewood. First of all, the new electronic season ticket - good or bad thing?

I went down to Lisbon game with my brother and the bloody turnstiles wouldn't let us in...! so a steward had to let us in with his pass.

Hope the Season Ticket doesn't (Please don't use that word again) about like the match ticket did!

An easy Rovers victory 3-0. Yorke, Gresko and Emerton. We have to be optimistic here. West Brom will come to defend, and they can't score to save their lives. We will exploit them wth De Pedro shining for an hour before his lack of fitness gives way to Gresko, who tormets the Baggies late on.

First time I've read Sox's and Scotty's preview. Wonderful stuff. Carlsberg don't do posts but if they did they'd probably all be like that one etc.....

As for the game, I think the opening day is a bad time to be playing West Brom. They'll be all boinged up and Megson will be particularly determined that they make a far better general fist of things this time round.

Looked at in the context of the season the home games against the promoted clubs are "must win" fixtures for us and I think I'd rather we opened with a fixture we wouldn't necessarily be expecting too much from and then faced the Baggies after 3 or 4 games when harsh reality has set in for them.

The heart says Rovers 1 WBA 0 (Stead)

The head says (and my actual prediction is) 1-1.

Is anyone keeping score of a prediction League this year?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.