SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Gray

ally

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club have opened talks with Gray about a new contract.

384476[/snapback]

That's good news. A reliable Premiership standard player and one less position that we would need worry about filling over summer. We wouldn't be likely to get a better player than Mickey for less than £1.5 (or huge wages on a Bosman) so if cash is tight we should save it for a goalscorer.

Good news, though hopefully the wages will be somewhat reduced. I still think that Rovers need a better left back to take it to the next level, but with Gray still with us it isn't the most urgent priority, and he's definately worth keeping as backup lb at least.

• 6 months later...

Wayne Rooney floored Michael Gray with one punch after the "sleazy" Blackburn full-back made unwelcoming advances to the England star's girlfriend Coleen in a trendy Manchester bar. (The Sun)

...according to the BBC

Full story

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006410719,,00.html

Rovers ace insulted Coleen

By NICK PARKER

September 08, 2006

Don't insult her ... Rooney with fiancée Coleen

PREMIERSHIP ace Michael Gray felt the full force of Wayne Rooney’s power after suggesting a threesome with Coleen.

Rock-hard Rooney floored the Blackburn defender with one punch WITHOUT getting out of his seat at a nightclub.

Gobby Gray — who has since been sporting dark glasses to cover up a black eye — was decked after ignoring the Man United striker’s warnings to leave him and his party alone.

Loser ... Gray, bruise hidden by shades,

leaves home yesterday

A clubber said: “It finally went off when he made the big mistake of suggesting a threesome with Coleen.

“Wayne whacked him without even getting from his seat. Gray hit the deck and by the time he stopped seeing stars he was removed by bouncers.”

Wayne and Coleen, both 20, were with pals at fashionable Panacea Bar and Restaurant in Manchester.

The witness said: “Wayne was enjoying a quiet night out with Coleen and three other couples when Gray confronted them.

“He’d been drinking and said Wayne should share the girls around and suggested they take two each.

“He became increasingly obnoxious.

“Wayne was very cool to begin with but Gray wouldn’t back off.

“Wayne told him to leave them alone three times.

“The management also asked him to cool it, but he just wouldn’t let up.”

It was at that point that Wayne — once a promising boxer — was pushed too far following Gray’s suggestion.

Police were NOT called to the incident on Saturday night and no complaint has been made against Wayne.

Bust-up ... trendy Panacea Bar, where Rooney thumped Gray

A spokesman for Wayne confirmed a brief altercation between the players.

He said: “Michael came up, uninvited, to their table. He began making a number of remarks offensive to Coleen and other female guests. Wayne several times asked Michael to leave.

“It was a brief incident. Wayne bears no ill will towards Michael.”

A Blackburn spokesman said Gray had made boss Mark Hughes “aware of the situation”. Gray’s pal Tony McGill said: “Mickey doesn’t want to say anything.”

Sounds par for the course where Gray is concerned.

Sunderland fans are yawning into their tabloids at this one. Allegedly peeing through letter boxes, not allegedly but turning up in a Ferrari the day Sunderland went into administration...etc...etc. They've heard the Gray shenanigans before - not least of all the salacious.

i cant wait to hear gray's side of the story

It'll be something along the lines of, "i dunno what happened, i saw my mate Wayne and went up to see how he was, i then offered him and Coleen a coffee at my place and he went mental" lol

Question, if he offered a 3some does that mean that he was prepared to see Waynes ginger minge?? :lol:

Get you facts right ROTM. Nothing happened last night. It was last weekend and has probably been completely blown up.

it'll have been exagerated, but, with gray or his agent refusing to comment, one-side is definetly admitting guilt.

there shouldnt be a furore about it. everyone has a bad night on the beer.... every now and again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.