SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Gray

ally

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a shame Rooney is getting his back slapped on the front page of the Sun for punching out a bloke who was not only drunk, but is probably not the fighting type either.

Easy explanation to that one, who owns Sky and the Sun, and also has majpr stakes in ManuTv??

3 things bother me about this:

1- Who in there right mind would wanna boff something thats been soiled by that ginger fat lump of a footballer?

2- They are professionals, and should be providing better role models for younger fans, this should not be the No.1 footie story in the media and just goes to show how stupid the media can be sometimes

and

3- Gray should not be drinking so much right in the middle of so many games, he should also be aware that every day he plays for Rovers he is representing them when he is not playing... We should get rid of him as this is not the attitude a veteran professional footballer should have...

Oh and by the way, about the "if Wayne Rooney had done the same thing would Manu get rid of him" well you cant really compare someone so overated to Gray...

I would get rid of Gray and would never sign Rooney if a footie manager... i would rather have Crouchy too...!

Edited by Rover The Moon

I reckon Pedersen, sorry Gamst, no Morten would give fat Wayne a right good pasting. Even if Morten had had three pints he'd have knocked him all over the "pub" with one arm behind his back and whilst singing one of his "pop" songs. Colleen would have murdered him though. Never mess with a WAG.

I reckon Gamst and Bentley would have had Rooney nay bother. Reminiscent of the potting shed scene in Scum I reckon.

Ohh, I feel ill. Who's your daddy, Wayne?

Darth Paul - good call on Big Bad Brad, I'd completely forgotten about him. Next time Micky G goes out on the town, Brad can be his safe pair of hands.

I reckon Pedersen, sorry Gamst, no Morten would give fat Wayne a right good pasting. Even if Morten had had three pints he'd have knocked him all over the "pub" with one arm behind his back and whilst singing one of his "pop" songs. Colleen would have murdered him though. Never mess with a WAG.

Yeah!! I reckon our Frodo Pederson would bite his nose off! :blink:

Good Lad!! ;)

If I was Mickey G I'd be having a quiet word with the likes of Reidy, Nelsen and Todd, and perhaps be paying the chavsters a little 'visit' at home.

People are taking this too seriously. Gray is entitled to a drink, aslong as it doesn't affect his health. Apparently, he's been at it for years including when he was at Sunderland - and he's a local legend up there. He seems like a good lad, and you can't slate him for not being good enough - the manager shouldn't have bought him!

We definitely have the hardest team in the Prem though - Rooney or no Rooney.

We've all said stupid things when being under the influence.

I applaud him for taking a p**s, can you imagine Rooney’s face with a popped up Gray asking his misses for a threesome :lol::lol:

Cheeky git :lol:

can you imagine Rooney’s face with a popped up Gray

Can you imagine Mickey Grays face after he thought he would act like a cock and give the former boxer Wayne Rooney some grief.

Bit bruised I imagine, would have been less funny if he had have got seriously hurt.

It is totally unacceptable in this day and age for a so-called professional athlete to have too much to drink.

I fully agree with that Philipl. I don't know how or when the policy changed, but I do know from personal knowledge that it was always the policy at Rovers in the '50s that players did not touch alcohol at all during the season. I know this from my personal friendship with Eddie Quigley (outside of football), and also from knowing a number of the other players of the day through Quigley.

The policy at Rovers according to Eddie was that once pre-season training started a total alcohol ban applied and it was rigidly enforced. This lasted until end of season, when they were allowed (but not encouraged) to drink in moderation. Eddie also told me that this rule applied at all the clubs he had been associated with and as far as he knew it was a general rule in all professional clubs.

Rovers may have told the players not to drink but I would be very surprised if they adhered to it. The drinking culture is ingrained in English football, particularly in those days, and Rovers players were known around the town for having their favourite watering holes.

I remember seeing Malcolm Darling drinking heavily in the pub one Friday night in the late 1960s after being told he had been dropped for the following day's match. He was at it again the next evening.

I sat next to Alan Ball, Malcolm Macdonald and Alan Hudson in a London pub in the 1970s and they stuck away more lager in two hours than I drink in a month.

and Rovers players were known around the town for having their favourite watering holes.

Ahhh, those were the days.....when footballers actually knew the towns they played for! <_< .....not just junction 4 M65.

Rovers may have told the players not to drink but I would be very surprised if they adhered to it. The drinking culture is ingrained in English football, particularly in those days, and Rovers players were known around the town for having their favourite watering holes.

I remember seeing Malcolm Darling drinking heavily in the pub one Friday night in the late 1960s after being told he had been dropped for the following day's match. He was at it again the next evening.

I sat next to Alan Ball, Malcolm Macdonald and Alan Hudson in a London pub in the 1970s and they stuck away more lager in two hours than I drink in a month.

I can only tell you what I found from personal experience over many years (not isolated incidents) and that is that as long as I knew Eddie Quigley during his playing days (not after he stopped playing) he would not even have so much as a half of shandy during the season. Also later on, in the '60s Mike Harrison worked for a time with my company on a part time basis, and he always refused to go for a drink with us at lunch time quoting the Rovers policy as his reason. He also refrained and stuck to soft drinks when attending the company social functions in the evenings.

As I said earlier I don't know when this policy was dropped but it certainly still applied in 1962 as I can personally attest to.

Edited by Fife Rover

Must say that in my youth I had a few scouse mates and when they got p1ssed up (any) 2 usually ended up battling. Always very quick to resort to fisticuffs the lot of em. But it never meant much cos they were mates again within 2/3 days.

btw I'll bet Rooney possesses quite a fair old punch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.