BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

To the Norwegian fans out there. Anyone watch Rosenborg on a regular basis? If so, how does Robbie Russell, the American defender look? I've been reading good reports on him, but most of the stuff is 3rd hand.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

######. ban me. hughes is an idiot.

mgp will show you idiots how this game is played, once he gets the chance.

i hope he goes to newcastle, and i hope he'll make the goals that sends your ###### average club down to where you belong with your 1 div players (reid, flitty, amoruso, gray, neill, dickov, stead, bothroyd ++)

how can you actually reckon that you will survive in the PL with only 4 real PL-players? MGP, fergy, emerton and friedel is the only pl-players.

burn in hell for ruining the greatest talent ive ever seen. i will laugh straight in your faces when morten ###### your club up, fools.

######-club fc.

Get off here you total moron.

Just because MGP is different class playing 'sixty seconds' in the streets of the salubrious surroundings of the Arctic circle does not mean he will cut it in the prem.

Get over it clown, he is not and never will be good enough to play at this level. The day when your pathetic little opinion is valued over that of a legend who has played for 4 of the biggest clubs in Europe will be the day you get the booker prize.

To the Norwegian fans out there. Anyone watch Rosenborg on a regular basis? If so, how does Robbie Russell, the American defender look? I've been reading good reports on him, but most of the stuff is 3rd hand.

Russell have been pretty disappointing for Rosenborg, but was very good for Sogndal. He probably needs time to adjust to Rosenborg's style of play.

There is another American who has done pretty well though. Brian West who plays for Fredrikstad has been very good this season, and although i've only seen him on a couple of occasions, he has impressed me whenever i've seen him play.

West used to play for the Columbus Crew (teammate of McBride), good player, had heard he was doing well.

Interesting reports on Russell, as all you read over here says he's pretty solid. Nice to hear the other side of things. Definitely interested to see how he progresses.

We've had a number of posters who favour one particular player,but I don't remember anyone showing such venom.Let us all hope MGP makes it with us, and that the poster returns!

I honestly hope Morten will change club... I have seen so many people being negative about him, and a manager who also don't like him? It's no fun - and therefore I hope he'll change club to.. newcastle or something wink.gif

if he cant get a game here at rovers, whats the point of moving to a different team with competition like laurent robert and co?

Morten should just put his head down and work hard, and his oppurtunity will eventually come

MGP in today's Dagbladet. In Norwegian.

He spoke to Hughes after the Man City game. He asked Hughes why he didn't get to play and Hughes answer was that he should be patient and that he has big plans for him this season.

Looks like things might change for MGP, or is it just talk. Time will tell.

Edited by Maverick

i think it’s funny that when a big shot player is joining a new club, and he doesn’t deliver right away, he often get support from his manager and supporters with messages like “he needs more time to adapt” or “he needs to adjust to the way of playing”. the player then gets his chance to improve in many games.

but when a unknown player like mgp joins a new club, he has to deliver right away, or else he’s crap. i mean, how many games has mgp played, three?

None of us think/hope that MGP fails (at least we didn't until Cuidado). We just want him to be brought along slowly and given time to adapt to a new country, new situation, new club, new style of play, etc. I think if we were safely mid-table more people would want to see him at least used as a sub.

but when a unknown player like mgp joins a new club, he has to deliver right away, or else he’s crap. i mean, how many games has mgp played, three?

I think Rovers fans are some of the most patient fans in the league. Despite being a £7million unknown Grabbi was given tremendous support by the Rovers fans every time he was on the pitch considering his actual contributions. Unfortunately for us after 18 months and several 'fresh starts' he still proved to be pants.

I've only read the last few pages on this thread (since our new Norwegian friend threw his toys out of the pram) but IMO Pedersen will have to wait his turn. At the moment I dont feel we are in a position to be risking players who may well turn out to not cut the mustard at PL level. We need to scrap our way out of the bottom 3 and lift confidence any way we can and if that means forsaking flair and fancy football for sheer graft then Reid / Douglas / Thommo are probably better bets than MGP. However I'm sure if things go to plan and Pedersen keeps working hard behind the scenes he'll get a chance to show us theres more to his game than a fancy overhead clearance and a goal against Bournemouth.

We need to scrap our way out of the bottom 3 and lift confidence any way we can and if that means forsaking flair and fancy football for sheer graft then Reid / Douglas / Thommo are probably better bets than MGP.

Sometimes though quality can be enough. After all football is football and if you have the skill and ability (plus application) you will do well.

I'd choose Morten Gamst over Douglas on the left 1,000,000 times...

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but good old Stig Inge Bjørnebye (Asst.manager for Norway) is travelling to Blackburn this week to meet with Hughes to discuss Hughes' plans for Morten. Because as you will have figured by now MGP is very important to the national team now and most certainly for the future. Be interesting to see what happens.