BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

Assuming the latest posts about Sparky and co are correct, anybody have any more info about the backroom staff and their records?

Oh, and can we get this straight - when we sing "-------- blue and white army", will it be "Mark Hughes's", "Hu-u-ughseys" or "Spa-a-arky's" then??? biggrin.gif

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if it is Hughes expect an assistant manager who is not currently with the Wales set-up.

Mark Bowen and Eddie Niedzwiecki are very good coaches. But it would not surprise me if Hughes brought in an Eric Harrison type figure, someone who he feels he needs as his assistant.

He had Eric Harrison but he retired last month

Come to think of it he probably would put Tony Parkes assistant manager?

Anyway I am going to stop speculating unitl he is actually in!

Edited by John

Finally, now the crowd has someone they apparently like, will they make some bloody noise?

I dont think I ever heard anyone in the crowd where I usually sit say anything bad about souness. And the same goes for away games. I always got the feeling that everyone loved souness , reason why everyone sang 'souness' blue n white army' almost every 5mins.

huh.gif Complete silence now in the Blackburn end.

Oh, and one more thing, I read Mark Hughes is "dithering" that he is torn between the two jobs.  Well too bad, don't we want a manager that actually WANTS THIS job and THIS job alone.  What is he going to do when he get's a few bad results, will he figure he made a mistake and go back to Wales? 

There's a difference between dithering and doing the honourable thing.

Hughes, is typical of the celtic race of being patriotic, and would not have been prepared to just walk out without going through the correct procedures.

Dont condemn someone for thinking first about the repercussions of his actions.

I didn't know the Welsh were Celtic?!

The Celts were not just one race or ethnic group. They were a group of tribes that had similar languages, cultures and religions. But, the Celtic influence has almost completely disappeared today except in places such as Wales, Brittany, Ireland and the Scottish Highlands.

The Celts were not just one race or ethnic group. They were a group of tribes that had similar languages, cultures and religions. But, the Celtic influence has almost completely disappeared today except in places such as Wales, Brittany, Ireland and the Scottish Highlands.

Not been to cornwall recently have you Alan? It's very celtic down here still.

Oh yea, i'm liking Hughes as manager.

From- http://www.brscn.com/nyheter.asp?action=visNyhet&id=928

What does this say exactly??

Hughes signed a contract this evening at 8:30 to take over from next Monday

Waliseren signet for en time siden

BRSCN er som vanlig forst ute, i hele verden, med den offisielle kunngjoringen.

Mark Hughes signet for Rovers for ca en time siden. Han kommer ikke til a vere ansvarlig mot Portsmouth men kommer til a ta over etter det. Mark vil styre Wales de neste 2 kvalik kampene, etter det er det Rovers pa full tid.

Brscn skrev for 3 dager siden at Hughes var Rovers forste valg.

It's a lower case "c" if you look properly and pronounced keltic instead of seltic.

So the Celtic Race isn't a definite article then? Ooops, my mistake, was using it in that sense. But at least I didn't think that Martin O'Neil sits in the Welsh Assembly!

Apologies Alan, I thought the Celts were Irish/ Scottish only. Stand corrected.

Edited by Bryan

Well you lot, all I can say is if we DO have Hughes as the new manager, EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE should.....no MUST, get right behind him and the team immediately. We need solidarity from fans right through the club to get us out of this pathetic mess that has been left.

From- http://www.brscn.com/nyheter.asp?action=visNyhet&id=928

What does this say exactly??

Hughes signed a contract this evening at 8:30 to take over from next Monday

Waliseren signet for en time siden

BRSCN er som vanlig forst ute, i hele verden, med den offisielle kunngjoringen.

Mark Hughes signet for Rovers for ca en time siden. Han kommer ikke til a vere ansvarlig mot Portsmouth men kommer til a ta over etter det. Mark vil styre Wales de neste 2 kvalik kampene, etter det er det Rovers pa full tid.

Brscn skrev for 3 dager siden at Hughes var Rovers forste valg.

This is just a quick translation.

The Welshman signed just an hour ago.

BRSCN is as usual the first, in the whole world, to broadcast the official announcement.

Mark Hughes signed for rovers just an hour ago. He will not be in charge before after the Portsmouth game. Mark will also be in charge of Wales in their next 2 matches. After that it will be rovers fulltime.

I too have concerns about Hughes, which make me draw comparisons with Brian Kidd's appointment. Little or no experience at the top level is a worry when we're struggling: Moyes would be my choice.

cmon paul ,could you honestly see moyes leaving everton ?

as for hughes GOOD LUCK !!!!!!

FFS LETS NOT GET ON HIS BACK AFTER ONE DEFEAT!

People ask what manager experience as he got ,well what top flight management had a certain mr D when he took liverpool to the top.

Hughes has the welsh experience behind him,he has all the knowledge he picked up from manure,barca etc......TONS OF IT!

It's a lower case "c" if you look properly and pronounced keltic instead of seltic.

So the Celtic Race isn't a definite article then? Ooops, my mistake, was using it in that sense. But at least I didn't think that Martin O'Neil sits in the Welsh Assembly!

Celtic race lower case "r" unless it's the name of a race from Belfast to Glasgow or somesuch. O'Neill is double "ll".

Tomorrow's papers say Hughes will be confirmed as manager on Wednesday.

Also, the Newcastle players are having a sweepstake on the first one to fall out with Souness! Laurent Robert is the favourite.

Edited by jim mk2