BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Bournemouth

Paul

winder away

at least we felt able to support our team without someone pumping 100's of millions in - something only a few regulars at deadwood can say today

The classic dingle, always seems to forget that we averaged 20,000 whilst finishing in the bottom half of div1 in 99/00. When have/when will Burnley ever get that crowd in the same division? Answer: NEVER

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our very own Jack Walker - I'd love it but they are very few and far between.

Crowds pre orient were around 3000. Never mind your post walker crowds - where were you all before big jack? Neither club should be over proud of their attendances in those days.

You mention the team of the 70's - that's really the issue isn;t it - that when the decline set in for mill towns we held out much longer than you - in fact our relative success in the 50's, 60's and 70's whilst you were hanging around in the lower leagues really grates doesn't it?

Perhaps you cannot get over the fact that Burnley has always been regarded as a football town whilst you aren't?

Never forget there is only one reason why you are where you are (and your league status is what brings on your 20000 not a deep love of the club - for gods sake some of you want to merge your club with Preston!!!!) and that is Jack Walker. Lets see how long you can hang on for without huge cash injections eh?

where  were you all before big jack?

Where were all football fans before uncle Jack? 15,000 at n'castle now 50,000, 9,000 at chelsea now 42,000 yet you burnley fans think it is only rovers fans who picked up in the mid 90's. It was due to the time period and the state of English football and shouldnt crowds of 20,000 in div 1 (post Walker actually in the 00/01) show you that most of the Rovers fans from tittle winning days stayed loyal.

Edited by BRFC4EVA

Yay! A dingle on this site. Welcome inbred.

Although why you feel you have to come on this web-site when we lose to a team in an inferior league is beyond me. Do we come onto your web-sites every year when the dingles go out to non-league teams?

Where were you when we got promoted in 2001?

Where were you when we won the cup in 2002?

Where were you when we qualified for EUROPE in 2002?

Wgere were you when we qualified for EUROPE in 2003?

Where were you when we did the double over the gunners in 2003?

..etc...

Where were all football fans before uncle Jack? 15,000 at n'castle now 50,000,

not at all - I actually think the Geordies are the worst of the lot. Lived up there and they were all 'loyal' fans. On waiting lists and the full deal. I used to ask them where they were pre John Hall.

Now I could be wrong but I thought your championship season crowds were circa 28,000 whilst in the 99/00 season they were actually only around 19,500. If my figures are right thats a 30% drop - so no most of them haven't stayed.

Whats more you and I know that if you spend more than a year or 2 in Div 1 your crowds will drop further.

Its amazing this all started because I offered you Jensen - all be it a little tongue in cheek

longsiders - your signiture - 'even if you are in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth' - Ghandi. Didn't David Ike say something similar?

As for your post. Personally I'm not old enough for the "success" you enjoyed in the 50's, 60's or 70's to "really grate". Maybe it's our success of the 80's, 90's and 00's that really grates with you?

Be honest your football club is a bit of a joke in comparison to ours and has been for years. Let me remind you that we've never played in the lowest division and we've certainly never been one game away from leaving The Football League.

One or two on here suggested that we should merge with Preston. I'm sure that if we were to take a vote on it that idea would be heavily out voted. You believe what you like though for the purposes of your "arguement".

bob you had no success in the 80's for it to grate. Your later succes does not grate at all. The attitude to it of some does.

Ike may have said it - but Ghandi said it first.

And hey I agree our club has enjoyed a ride to hell and back - but were still here (just) without a sugar daddy.

Finally Bob I said some on here - not all.

Anyway see you next season - unless of course you get relegated

We had no success in the 80's? OK remind me what outstanding achievements burnley had in the 70's then please? (Other than relegation)

Our success in the 80's includes doing the double over your lot, getting to the play offs on three occasions and winning a cup at Wembley.

"Your later succes does not grate at all" - laugh.gif

BTW if you reckon you'll make the Premier League next season then you really are losing your marbles.

Where were all football fans before uncle Jack? 15,000 at n'castle now 50,000,

not at all - I actually think the Geordies are the worst of the lot. Lived up there and they were all 'loyal' fans. On waiting lists and the full deal. I used to ask them where they were pre John Hall.

Now I could be wrong but I thought your championship season crowds were circa 28,000 whilst in the 99/00 season they were actually only around 19,500. If my figures are right thats a 30% drop - so no most of them haven't stayed.

Whats more you and I know that if you spend more than a year or 2 in Div 1 your crowds will drop further.

Its amazing this all started because I offered you Jensen - all be it a little tongue in cheek

Our average crowd when we won the tittle was 25,500, atually but the season after ie when the most glory hunters would have been we got 27,500 on, so i do take your point. However the point im trying to make is comparing us to other clubs our % knockdown from prem to div1 was actually very good. For example, for the average prem season Rovers attracted around 24/25K. On average over the 2 div1 seasons we averaged 20,000 (19,500 99/00 and 20,500 00/01) and if you compare that to 25,000 its not bad to only lose around 5,000 or 20% of your gate, due to relegation. Bolton had 16,000 in div1 in 00/01 yet average 27K now. Pompey 13K then, 20K now. In fact almost all clubs lose crowds when relegated and our loss must be one of the best. What im trying to say is why do you think we are the worst supporters of the lot? Most are far worst then us despite what you dingles say.

'Perhaps you cannot get over the fact that Burnley has always been regarded as a football town whilst you aren't?'

Can you explain this comment Longsider?....you'll get back your credibility if you can convince us its true laugh.gif

Football crowds increase when the team is successful,that must account for the 11,12,and 13k gates that were seen at the Turd the last time you

'graced' the top flight.

P.S. Longsider, if you choose to swim in the crocodiles lake it is unwise to pick a fight with them....get the idea? wink.gif

tinykit.gif stop humouring him

just simply ask the following questions

a. how long is it since you managed to beat BRFC ?

b. Do you remember where you were 1st April 2001 ?

c. can you recall what happened at the turd on 17th December 2000 ?

if you cant recall Longsiders or whatever your name is let me help you.....

tinykit.gif

25 plus years - but who is really counting laugh.gif

ROVERS 5-0 burnley

burnley 0-2 ROVERS

dig it son biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

'Perhaps you cannot get over the fact that Burnley has always been regarded as a football town whilst you aren't?'

Can you explain this comment Longsider?....you'll get back your credibility if you can convince us its true laugh.gif

Football crowds increase when the team is successful,that must account for the 11,12,and 13k gates that were seen at the Turd the last time you

'graced' the top flight.

P.S. Longsider, if you choose to swim in the crocodiles lake it is unwise to pick a fight with them....get the idea? wink.gif

I'll have to find the article that came from and get back to you.

And I like the odd spat with the crocodiles - it adds spice to your life.

I mean the day Rovers and Burnley fans stop baiting each other it will be a cold day in hell.

Longsider, I presume you go, which if you do could I ask you a question.

I am constantly in contact with a Burnley Home and away fan who must surely be talking absolute tosh.

He swears Richard Chaplow is the best young midfielder in the country and Frank Sinclair is 'absolute quality'.

Your thoughts on the above please before I self-combust when I see him on tuesday..

Putting rivalry aside for a moment, this Longsider seems to be an intelligent and reasoned contributor. Personally I welcome such a Dingle! ph34r.gif

well two words = prof in the lands of the ape creatures....

how many wifes have been burnt?

how many ironing boards have been stolen?

how many thought it was good when the scum stayed in the league?

how many wrecked their own town after the roverstuffing?

how many waved as the coaches went home?

how many went to wigan?my dingle buddy told me 8 thousand,i think the gate was only 7ish?

how many dingles really believe they are a big club?

crawl back to your sisters busom pal shes ready for foreplay..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.