SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton Athletic 1 0 Rovers

den

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any ideas on meeting up in pub before the match?

The Antigallican's under new management !!!

And for the first time in its history has some decent reviews ....

ANTI-G opposite Charlton station

Think we'd have gone there anyway ... but still

Tickets are available on the gate on Monday night - £15 - bargain !!

look forward to seeing the 'huge wife screen TV' mentioned on Tris' link!

MMFH suggested the Rose of Denmark just further down Woolwich Rd but will try the Anti first and see how it is. Should be there from 6.

MMFH suggested the Rose of Denmark just further down Woolwich Rd but will try the Anti first and see how it is. Should be there from 6.

I know the London Branch used to go in the Rose of Denmark but not sure now. Jimbo may update us before Monday.

I'll be aiming for the A-G by 6.30pm, it's a bit of a treck from where I work though.

Edited by Tris

Can we really get tickets on gate?

"There are still tickets remaining for Monday's match and to make it as easy as possible for fans to purchase them, the ticket office will open on both Saturday (from 10-12pm) and on Sunday (from 10-1pm) before opening from 8am until kick-off on Monday."

From the charlton official site.

Charlton are a good side! What do you mean "its only charlton...."!

Right, this is the first game we can see really what Hughes is all about. He has seen a fair few of the squad and he will be wanting to mke an impression....

In actual fact I can see the side walking out unchanged from last week apart from Amo coming in for Short (as he is injured) and Flitcroft losing his place. Thompson, if fit, should get a stab at the middle. Apart from Ferguson all our central midfielders look dodgy.

If Emerton is injured as reports suggest Gallagher should be give a run on the right wing, no questions asked.

Stead      Dickov

Pedersen             Thompson   Gallagher(?)

Ferguson

Gray    Matteo   Amoruso   Niell

Friedel

Subs:  Jansen, Bothroyd, Johansson (!), Tugay, Enckleman

Prediciton 1-1

Edited by joey_big_nose

Rovers 3 Charlton 1

What more can I say, we will beat those bastgaerd. I'm ###### right now, but still Im sure we will win. COME ON ROVERS!

After the disgrase of a match against Bournemouth, we wount settle for anything less than three pionts. COME ON ROVERS!

I'm going to wathc the match live on telly, so I fell vergy confident that we will get 3points monday night. I love you all, and once agian COME ON ROVERS!

The text ist starting to get blury here, byt anyway we will win! COME ON!

Gray, Neill and Stead will score for rovers! 3-1 mark myh words pals!

See you all, and good night to you all fellow rovers fans, I love you§!

Rovers 3 Charlton 1

What more can I say, we will beat those bastgaerd. I'm ###### right now, but still Im sure we will win. COME ON ROVERS!

After the disgrase of a match against Bournemouth, we wount settle for anything less than three pionts. COME ON ROVERS!

I'm going to wathc the match live on telly, so I fell vergy confident that we will get 3points monday night. I love you all, and once agian COME ON ROVERS!

The text ist starting to get blury here, byt anyway we will win! COME ON!

Gray, Neill and Stead will score for rovers! 3-1 mark myh words pals!

See you all, and good night to you all fellow rovers fans, I love you§!

Just so he can't come back and edit it when he sobers up.

I have no idea what to forecast- both sides should be highly motivated to kick start their season. A big test for the two most lauded young British managers around at the moment.

After this week-end's results, a win for the Rovers will give us a four points breathing space ahead of what is beginning to look like the relegtion scrap and more importantly put us within one more win of joining the mid table group currently bunched round 10 points.

A loss will confirm us as being in deep trouble alongside Southampton (thank you Mr D'Urso) and the promoted trio- all three of which I fancy will start getting wins very soon (like Norwich against us?).

What I desperately hope to see is the beginnings of a well-organised attractive Rovers team. In many ways that is at least as important as the result as I remain convinced that well-managed and well-coached, our squad is not worse than the majority of the Premiership competition.

Incidentally, I was able to watch the City and Spurs games simultaniously live yesterday. City played some great football and were fun to watch- had Anelka not been poor Arsenal would have dropped a couple of points. Spurs were disorganised and poor against the Mancs. Whilst he was fouled, O'Shea certainly made sure of winning the penalty by diving and bringing the spud down on top of him- hint to the Rovers' players.

Back to Monday night, a 2-2 draw.

I recently went to The Valley for the Charlton v Southampton game and Charlton always seem to play the ball out to the left to Rommedahl who is VERY fast, however his final ball isn't as good considering the positions he gets into. Although, he does tend to drift out of the game so it could be a good opportunity for Neill to get up to their box to help out the attackers.

I think this game will be a classic between two struggling teams looking to make the step up the league.

I will go for a 2-1 Blackburn win.

Jansen to get the winner....AGAIN biggrin.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.