BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton Athletic 1 0 Rovers

den

Do all the little free kickdecisions seem to be going against us or is it my bias?!

Oh and I've never known our midfield so poor at heading a ball before, every easy header they have seems to be going towards the opposition.

Flitty is trying but, Id rather have tugay on, we are lacking anything creative. At least we have him and MGP on the bench for when we go one nil down to a corner/free kick in the second half rolleyes.gif

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do all the little free kickdecisions seem to be going against us or is it my bias?!

Oh and I've never known our midfield so poor at heading a ball before, every easy header they have seems to be going towards the opposition.

Flitty is trying but, Id rather have tugay on, we are lacking anything creative. At least we have him and MGP on the bench for when we go one nil down to a corner/free kick in the second half rolleyes.gif

That goal will be scored by a player who has yet to score for Charlton/yet to score this season/yet to score at home (delete as appropriate). rolleyes.gifhuh.gif

maybe a bit of a knee jerk reaction now.. but i never ever wanna see that donkey of a player matteo in a rovers shirt ever again. for someone's who's supposed to be a brute of a defender, he can't head, he can't control the ball, he can't even clear the ball upfield properly. urgh.

come'on rovers!!! an equaliser is still possible!

rovermatt

how did you know that ??

dreadfull start to the second half

lucas loses his marker and we are 1 - 0 down 5 mins in 2nd half

Because it happens all the time.

Listless, spiritless performance. We can't pass, definately can't score and will struggle to stay up quite frankly.

An easy three points for a Charlton team possessing a proper amount of guile, pace and pedigree.

Awful. rolleyes.gif

Can't say i am too upset, apart from teh blinding obvious penalty, awful defending, no marking, lack of creativity and just generally everything. Other than that i am happy!

It's pathetic that a ref can't go over to his asstistant (he doesn't assist at all) and ask him what he thought!

Poor performance. Basic defending let us down again.

Some observations.

Jansen's feet look as though they are stuck in cement. Still way off the pace.

Emerton is a worse crosser of a ball than Gillespie - either too long or too short or hit against a defender.

Neill continues to go to sleep at vital moments - viz the goal.

Stead worked hard but we're toothless in attack.

Hughes has to be stopped from getting to referee, where have we seem that before?

Maybe it's NOT Souness they hate but Rovers? Maybe the refs are bitter like the stupid "journalists"?

Thought both teams were crap, but we were better. Though did lack a cutting edge that dare I say it a certain ex Rovers striker now at Fulham may have provided mad.gif

Ah well Villa next weekend, no way can we play as bad as we did last season at Ewood against them, can we?!!

Maybe we should wait for one of the fans who went to the game for an overall view but from my vantage point it didnt look too good.

The team had more than enough possession - 57 per cent.

The most vital aspect of our play was that in the last 3rd of the pitch there was nobody to link with the front 2. Ferguson, Flitcroft and Emerton all disappeared for long parts of the second half and left the front 2 scrapping on bits.

We have the same old problem in defence, one mistake one goal down. Both Matteo and Niell are to blame, cant really have a go at BF as the ball came quickly.

Cant harp on about the ref, he missed the most blatant penalty this season, but we have to remember we are BRFC and we DONT get penalties !

The most frightening thing was the lack of pass and move, the lack of Amoruso to go forward in the last 5 minutes for the amount of corners we were getting and the lack of urgency.

Rovers have really hit rock bottom and the reality check has kicked in.

There is plenty to think about before Saturdays game against Villa, they are robust and will come for a win. Rovers will have to cope with two fast forwards who are good on the ground and a midfield that is prepared to work for 90 minutes.

I wanted 22 points before Christmas, sadly I dont know where the points are going to come from as Stead, as good as he is, is missing Andy Cole to play alongside.

Thanks Graeme, you have really left us in the mire mad.gifmad.gifmad.giftinykit.gifmad.gif

My thoughts:

Conceded from a set piece again, getting tiring.

Too many off nights- Ferguson especially.

Cant really judge Jansen from that, although some will.

Flitcroft put in effort but really doesnt add much- not mobile enough for his position.

Good individuals up front but lack of conhesion as yet.

Not too worried as I think we can only improve under the coaching staff we now have but need to start getting points or doom mongers will mount.

Edited by John

Why the hell was MGP not thrown on at the end?

Jansen was obviously having a stinker so I don't see why MGP wasn't brought on, especially as he scored that late goal against Bournemouth.

Please, please, let's not have this idiotic favouritism from Hughes. If Jansen isn't playing well TAKE HIM OFF.

How the hell did we manage to lose this one ??

We weren't perfect by any means, but not that bad either. Played some really good football at times, and in the 1st half had more than enough chances to be in the lead. Charlton's goal (from one of their only attacks) was bad marking, and probably the worst I've seen Brad concede. He did save a sure goal later on though. And again in the 2nd half, we had the clear penalty denied as usual,but had more than enough chances to equalize but it didn't happen. Flitcroft especially missed two great chances. Stead isn't playing bad, but he's not getting many chances to score. I thought Jansen, Dickov and Gray did well, Emerton tried hard too. There are positives from this game, but again, an away game and no points.

It's been a terrible start to the season, and this week was really painful to take. We have to start getting the results now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.