BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen this on Kamy's twitter feed...

there have been some changes to her stance over last 24 hours, can't say anymore at this stage! Things looking little better.

I think that one senior figure has been talking to her in a frank manner.

Can you tell us anymore Kamy ?

I'm sure I read somewhere that Mrs D is keen to give him the boot, and that it is the brothers who are reluctant?

Steve Kean could be the nicest guy on earth, but that counts for nothing when he isnt a good manager!

The problem, though, is that him being a nice guy seems to actually help him keep the job, as the Venkys thinks he is such a nice man and a good thinker and all that!!

Pretty silly if you ask me!

Also all the talk of the players being worth more and the fact they want to develop all the youth, the line about results not being as important as developing youth is massive tbh, every manager is judged on results if ours isnt its no wonder why we are in the bottom three.

This to me hits the nail on the head and makes me worry more for the future of the club than anything else.

If it's not about results it's not a football club end of story. If this is truely the ethos and aim behind the club then we are truely french connectioned kean or no.

The fact that we have someone who is so wholeheartedly on board with this "vision" in Kean is terrifying. A manager with balls would show them that they're putting the cart before the horse and cannot put this above getting results.

I hate that Kean - someone supposedly a football man - keeps moving the goalposts on what we judge him for. I hate the fact that everything is fine in his world and that he genuinely thinks he's doing a good job. I hate the fact that he is on board with this shocking vision when anyone in football knows that this is a betrayal of not only Blackburn Rovers but football as a whole.

from what i know.... he used to be a nice man.... until he became manager and thought he was billy big ######! He once tried to get served at a bar that had just closed for the night..... (no suprise there) and even used the old "do you not know who i am?" (yes i cringed too when i heard this) and was very upset when the lad behind the bar replied "no i dont and i couldnt care less who you are"

Just seen this on Kamy's twitter feed...

there have been some changes to her stance over last 24 hours, can't say anymore at this stage! Things looking little better.

I think that one senior figure has been talking to her in a frank manner.

Can you tell us anymore Kamy ?

Whats his twitter account?

• Backroom

"They will drive us to the top end of the game. In four or five years, we shall be in European football." - Kean on Venky's from todays LET

I give up.

Why doesn't he ever shut up about European football? Any manager with the smallest inkling of common sense would say "it's silly to talk about Europe at the moment - first we need to work on getting up the table with some hard-earned results."

Nobody wants to hear about getting into Europe in 4/5 years time when we're staring at the abyss of the Championship. It's nonsensical to even mention it.

"They will drive us to the top end of the game. In four or five years, we shall be in European football." - Kean on Venky's from todays LET Link

I give up.

How ironic that Dunny's slating us for having unrealistic expectations when this joker is still talking about Europe.

The truth is we are being real, we can see exactly where we're headed for right now and that's the championship.

I'm sure if you actually asked the fans then right now we'd all take 17th place this season and it would just be nice to have seen something on the pitch over Kean's reign to suggest we are capable of doing that, I don't think any fans are even contemplating europe or even top half finishes right now.

Yep, 3 to 4 years

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/26/blackburn-rovers-champions-league

Soon to become, 4 ot 5 years, 6 to 7 years, 15-20 years, next 768 years.......

Steve Kean (June 13th) “Phil wanted to play Champions League football and he wanted to play it now and we’re not at that level but I’m sure we will be in the coming years and that was the thing that was really exciting him about Manchester United.”

Kean is a genius and I cannot believe no one on here can see it. He is going to get us European football a lot sooner than you all think.......wake up people and trust him. His plan for Europe is brilliant!

We don’t tackle, we don’t even go near the opposition players. We are super nice and allow the opposition plenty of time and space on the field. We will then be nailed on for the fair play award and European football. It really is genius!!!

But agree that Dunny coming out and saying the fans should be realistic is pretty darn rich with the rubbish which has come from Kean and the owners.

I'd have some respect on a personal level if Kean got the job less controversially, had the crap period up to the end of last season and resigned, saying "I am not up to it, but I would like to return to my former coaching role." Then you could say, OK he had a go, made a mess, but at least he owned up to it. I remember Ray Harford appearing on TV being interviewed around the time Kidd was cocking up and sending us down. He basically admitted he could not make the step up from Assistant manager, and was very honest and frank about what he did wrong whilst our manager. My opinion of him went up as he came across as an honourable and polite man.

Of course, you don't need me to say Kean has done the complete opposite of this.

Archived