BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

I'd rather appoint someone who will stick with us for like a decade. Like Pardew at Newcastle has.

If we really are going to get a manager who is looking for bigger and better things after two or three seasons... I say, let's at least get someone with a good track record in English leagues.

Are you implying we should take an inferior with manager with no ambition so we don't have a fear of rejection?

lolwut

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont care if someone wants to use us a stepping stone at all , if someone wants to come Rovers do the best possible job in order to get a top job like Utd that must mean he has to be successful at Rovers first , that means promotion , consolidation , cup win and european qualification ..... i'd take that in exchange for being used as a stepping stone ...hell yeah!!

Let's be realistic. OGS will want the United job, just like Keane and anyone else in the current shadow of SAF.

None of them will get it unless they have a good record in the EPL. The owners of United would prefer someone like Keane or OGS, it would be surprising cheaper than the special one.

Just something to bare in mind, if Ole does come here, we would merely be a stepping stone.

This is exactly why someone like OSG will want the Rovers job. Fergie isn't getting any younger. If OSG wants the job, he needs to get himself into the English leagues and demonstrate his ability. Getting us promoted and keeping the club in the PL a year or two may be his ticket to ManU. If he waits to long that ship may sail.

And I don't think having an ambitious manager is a bad thing at all.

I don't think it's unrealistic that we get OGS. We tick a lot of boxes and if the owners/Shebby manage to convince him that history is history and that the future is blue & white then he might fancy it. I believe he signed a new contract with Molde after the Villa affair but I might be wrong on that - if I'm right it means he has a release clause for him and his team, which will have to come with him if he is to accept. I think he brought a couple of coaches from ManU to Molde with him.

When Villa approached him in May, the gave some answers to the owners regarding who he would take with him if he left;

Players: Magnus Wolff Eikrem

Staff: Mark Dempsey og Richard Hartis

I'd rather appoint someone who will stick with us for like a decade. Like Pardew at Newcastle has.

If we really are going to get a manager who is looking for bigger and better things after two or three seasons... I say, let's at least get someone with a good track record in English leagues.

I'm not sure what you're on about any more, it seems nobody else does either.

I'll leave you to it.

As I've stated, I understand Rovers have shown big interest in OGS in the past and have retained that interest. Also, I do have family who live in Cheshire and there seems to be a view that it would be of no surprise if the Solskjaers did not return to an area where they were previously very happy. On that basis, I have a sizeable bet on @ 25/1 and it is not what I would term a 'speculative' bet.

No offence, but surely placing a bet at 25/1 based on the fact that some of your family who live in Cheshire believe the Solskjaer family would like to return there at some point is the very definition of a "speculative bet"?

So the cut and thrust of it is, is that venkys whacked out policy of remaining extremely faithful to a manager in all conditions, may actually work in our favour in attracting an extremely good manager.

I guess they are geniuses after all!!!

Solksjaer has 'distanced himself' from the Rovers job according to Sky Sports... Kammy says he spoke to his representatives and they haven't denied the interest...

Confusion.

Solksjaer has 'distanced himself' from the Rovers job according to Sky Sports... Kammy says he spoke to his representatives and they haven't denied the interest...

Confusion.

Confusion.

Seriously though, we want someone who is loyal to our club. Someone who will stick with us no matter what happens with our owners.

Do you think Alan Pardew would stay at Newcastle if Man Utd came calling? Of course he wouldn't.

If we appoint a manager who moves on to bigger and better things in two years then it will mean we've made a great appointment.

Every good name mentioned in here would be ruled out if your "must turn down bigger clubs" rule was applied.

Roberto Martinez obviously views Wigan as a springboard for his career - hasn't stopped him doing a fantastic job over the last few years.

I can't think of a single talented manager that wouldn't leave us for a big club if offered a job. If you could name a few I might change my mind.

• Backroom

Having seen his quotes, I actually find his non-answer quite encouraging. Rather than saying 'no' (which you would say if you weren't interested), he stays on the fence, which strikes me as a 'Make me an offer' kinda comment.

Every good name mentioned in here would be ruled out if your "must turn down bigger clubs" rule was applied

You are right. I know that. I just hated watching Hughes leave, however, as you say, it is probably going to happen no matter who we go for.

Having seen his quotes, I actually find his non-answer quite encouraging. Rather than saying 'no' (which you would say if you weren't interested), he stays on the fence, which strikes me as a 'Make me an offer' kinda comment.

I agree-i also think that he (OGS) would be extremely careful for there not to be the same upset caused as when he expressed an interest in Villa. It is understandable he would not want to unsettle players unnecessarily (especially so close to the end of the season) by saying YES i am interested to the Press. He certainly didn't dismiss it completely or state he was certainly going to remain in Norway.

Not ruled out at all! But as before i'm not getting my hopes up over this as it is a long-shot but one i wish we could pull off. There are certainly a few other names mentioned in the press i would be interested in too!!!

I am not convinced by Shebby's statement that many have applied-he could be trying to whip up interest/increasing our appeal more by making us look attractive/in demand. certainly not a bad tactic!!!

No offence, but surely placing a bet at 25/1 based on the fact that some of your family who live in Cheshire believe the Solskjaer family would like to return there at some point is the very definition of a "speculative bet"?

Perhaps you should read exactly what I said - there were two points, not just one.

Sometimes it's also a case of 'reading between the lines' of what a post says as sometimes you have to be a bit guarded.

I've put a sizeable bet on this which I wouldn't do if I regarded as just sperculative.

You just have to make your own mind up, I know have !

What do people expect OGS to say FFS?

"Hell, yeah, of course I'm the prime candidate for the Blackburn Rovers job. I'm definitely going to accept it the moment my season with Molde finishes and bring them back to the Premiership! There can't be anyone more suitable than me for this job!"

"Hell, yeah, of course I'm the prime candidate for the Blackburn Rovers job. I'm definitely going to accept it the moment my season with Molde finishes and bring them back to the Premiership! There can't be anyone more suitable than me for this job!"

'oh and can i just add steve kean in a c*ck!!'

that would be a hell of a statement! OGS IN!!

I know its twitter etc , but Who or what is the football social on twitter , just tweeted this

TFS Blackburn Rovers@TFS_Blackburn

BREAKING: Pep Guardiola agrees 4 year deal with Blackburn Rovers to replace Steve Kean q=%23BRFC&src=hash'>#BRFC

Any views?

My view is that they're on acid if they believe that to be the case.

Archived