BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, matt83 said:

Watched till lunch. It was an absolute road of a pitch - very glad he got the runs but if hadn’t have he’d need shooting. Particularly for someone in the “big 4”

He was badly out of form and very low confidence. For me you are being very over cricital 

Pitch is dead. Result is a draw now even with 2 days of play left. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Hasnt got the game for test cricket. 

Only slot open is the opening slot next to Burns. 

I know he's only 3 innings in. But Sibley hasn't looked great so far. . . . . Once upon a time 2 games would be all you'd get, then back to the club game.

Just now, Husky said:

I know he's only 3 innings in. But Sibley hasn't looked great so far. . . . . Once upon a time 2 games would be all you'd get, then back to the club game.

Time moved on from Ray Illingworth time in charge as England selector. 

England picked the best 2 county openers in terms of form and runs in Sibley and Crawley. 

Look at when Vaughan and Trescothick. Hardly set the world on fire but performed excellent in their time as Enlgand players

• 3 weeks later...

I know the selectors hands have been tied a bit with illness but Overton is very average. Just falling back on another line and length trundler to join Curran and woakes.  Not sure why saqib was taken out to New Zealand, arguably wasn’t ready for test cricket, but he does offer something different. 

As for the spinners it’s just a merry go round is it Ali, is it Bess, is it leech, is it Parky, who knows. 

I would say that Leech is the best spin bowler. Parkinson is good at county level but unsure if is test quality. 

Agree on Overton but isn't Olly Stone still injured. 

I would imagine the test side will be this

Burns Sibley Denly Root Stokes Pope Buttler Archer Leach Broad Anderson