BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

It has been stated many times by club employees that this season is vital that we get promoted,

not interested in other clubs, only the destruction the Raos have done to the Rovers

It was Shaw - since then we have heard little apart from that a review will be undertaken in May.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been stated many times by club employees that this season is vital that we get promoted,

not interested in other clubs, only the destruction the Raos have done to the Rovers

That is what we were lead to believe, cannot see that being true now !

No club would employ Bowyer if they wanted promotion asap !

But then again , we do not have logical owners..

The venyks have stated many things in the last 3 years. As I said, I believe in order to progress, we first need to steady the ship. You may not be interested in other clubs but I think it helps in our current circumstances to reflect on the time it has taken teams like burnley, Leicester, forest and derby to establish promotion contending squads and the mistakes there respective managers have made along the way. It also helps to highlight what can happen to clubs who make rash decisions and hire incompetent managers as Wigan discovered with coyle and Middlesbrough did with Mowbray. We could sack bowyer today but the likelihood is that we would hire another Appleton or berg and find ourselves slipping further away from promotion.

Positive thinking yoda. It's quite refreshing. You ought to give it a try!!

For the umpteenth time this season we saw Bowyer make several positional changes to accomodate a substitute. When he correctly took Dunn off he replaced him with Feeney who went wide right. Conway then went into the hole and immediately looked uncomfortable. Why didn't he bring Taylor on who has played in the number 10 role before. He would have given us some energy in a position where we were fading due to Dunn's fatigue. In no time at all we conceded two goals and he was forced to bring Gestede on. I saw Williamson take his bottoms off and warm up in readiness to come on. That told me that Bowyer would have been happy with a point.

Over the course of this season we have seen too many decisions like this and this is the main reason I think he should be replaced. Also his blind loyalty to several under performing players has also cost us dearly in some games. For every decent player he has signed he has brought in a dud. I wouldn't give him any credit for reducing the wage bill. This was out of his hands with regard to the high earning wasters and I think the shifting of these was more down to Shaw.

It would be interesting to compare Burnleys current wage bill against Rovers wage bill and let the supporters digest the information to see how much financial wastage is going on at the club. But then again can the Blackburn public trust a Merseyside journalist given the current circumstances to provide accurate data maybe it should come from Burnleys LT journalist.

The venyks have stated many things in the last 3 years. As I said, I believe in order to progress, we first need to steady the ship. You may not be interested in other clubs but I think it helps in our current circumstances to reflect on the time it has taken teams like burnley, Leicester, forest and derby to establish promotion contending squads and the mistakes there respective managers have made along the way. It also helps to highlight what can happen to clubs who make rash decisions and hire incompetent managers as Wigan discovered with coyle and Middlesbrough did with Mowbray. We could sack bowyer today but the likelihood is that we would hire another Appleton or berg and find ourselves slipping further away from promotion.

Conversely we could potentially hire the next Alex Ferguson.

Bowyer was taken on initially because he knew the club and offered stability, ticked one box. Perhaps 2, he's a nice guy but so what.

Surely there should be a host of questions that need to be asked of any manager. If/as/when we reassess our future gameplan (whatever that may be) we need a manager who is capable of delivering and enhancing the plan. If Bowyer ticks most of the boxes fine, if not we must move on. He can always manage the kids again.

Booth, coyle didn't get burnley relegated but he did get Bolton relegated who were a fairly stable prem side over 10 years.

It's also worth noting hat Dyche has been at burnley for 18 months and coyle was there 24 months before getting them promoted. Admittedly holloway did a quick job but as I've already said I feel that palace and Blackpool jobs were more advantageous than the current blackburn job.

I completely agree that some daft decisions have been made tactically and I only hope that bowyer can learn from these mistakes and I'm fairly certain he will. But I believe that this season was all about steadying the ship and to expect a manager to stabilise the club and win promotion in less than 12 months is ludicrous.

Firstly, I don't agree with your comments about the Blackpool job being more advantageous than the current Rovers job considering their owners and their resources or lack of.

Secondly, Coyle had a lot of injuries to deal with when Bolton went down from the PL. I'm not his biggest fan but I think you're dismissing his and Holloways achievements with the sole intention of apologizing for our manager. Truth is Coyle and Holloway worked miracles with buttons at Burnley and Blackpool. Bowyer is not even on the same level as those two yet, even with their shortcomings.

Thirdly, Bowyer is not learning from his mistakes. He was making them months ago and continues to do the same things. Why some think he's suddenly going to start learning next season is beyond me.

Fourthly, if you think this season was all about steadying the ship then read todays Lancashire Telegraph. Bowyer is talking play off places which is in your words, ludicrous.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/11064521.Rovers_will_recover_from_derby_defeat_belives_Bowyer/?ref=mr

“We’ve got 13 big games left and people will probably write us off from the play-offs because of this result. But that’s not the right thing to do because there’s only six points in it, we’ve got a game in hand on one or two teams around us and, as I say, there’s 13 games left."

But it's this report that made me angry today not the one above. Blaming "three key moments" but not himself. Just keep your mouth shut Gary, you're starting to annoy and it brings back horrible memories of that Scottish parasite.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/11065464.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_Bowyer_rues_derby_day_mistakes/?ref=var_0

Get the Raos out as quick as possible, hows that for positive thinking, they are at the root of all our problems we are in terminal decline with the lunes in charge.

Your way of thinking is not refreshing at all, just appeasing the Roas existence. We have to sort our own opportunities out, not reflect on other clubs, as for slipping further away from promotion, it is never going to happen with the current owners

This squad SHOULD be capable of top 6.

I have always been a fan of Bowyer, but he is close to losing that support because injuries accepted, he just isn't motivating the players enough and is being out-thought by more experienced managers.

I believe an experienced manager would get this squad promoted next season, but do you trust Venkys to appoint the right person? Probably not, hence why I think Bowyer should be given a chance next year.

Unfortunately not. And it became relevant when people called for bowyers sacking and coyles and holloways names were thrown in the mix (amongst others). It also became relevant when you made you made outlandish comments such as "rubbish" without any real clarification as to why.

Booth, coyle didn't get burnley relegated but he did get Bolton relegated who were a fairly stable prem side over 10 years.

It's also worth noting hat Dyche has been at burnley for 18 months and coyle was there 24 months before getting them promoted. Admittedly holloway did a quick job but as I've already said I feel that palace and Blackpool jobs were more advantageous than the current blackburn job.

I completely agree that some daft decisions have been made tactically and I only hope that bowyer can learn from these mistakes and I'm fairly certain he will. But I believe that this season was all about steadying the ship and to expect a manager to stabilise the club and win promotion in less than 12 months is ludicrous.

It was Shaw - since then we have heard little apart from that a review will be undertaken in May.

From Bowyer today

Bowyer said: “We’ve got to go again now, we’ve got to regroup.

“We’ve got 13 big games left and people will probably write us off from the play-offs because of this result.

“But that’s not the right thing to do because there’s only six points in it, we’ve got a game in hand on one or two teams around us and, as I say, there’s 13 games left.

“We’re now getting people back from injury and it’s important we keep them fit and get the others who are out back into contention and finish as strongly as we possibly can.”

Conversely we could potentially hire the next Alex Ferguson.

Bowyer was taken on initially because he knew the club and offered stability, ticked one box. Perhaps 2, he's a nice guy but so what.

Surely there should be a host of questions that need to be asked of any manager. If/as/when we reassess our future gameplan (whatever that may be) we need a manager who is capable of delivering and enhancing the plan. If Bowyer ticks most of the boxes fine, if not we must move on. He can always manage the kids again.

But like I initially said, we have to be REALISTIC. We are not going to hire the next Alex Ferguson.

REALISTICALLY Bowyer has done an unbelievable job and has made massive improvements on last season. And I honestly believe he can continue to make progress next season. Bowyer may be discussing playoffs in the lancashire telegraph but to think bowyer actually believes this is just naive. He has to come out and say crap like that just like every manager has to remain optimistic in front of the media.

I would say given the general negative consensus on this forum my point of view is refreshing. And just because I'd rather focus on the positive aspects of bowyer and blackburn in general does not constitute appeasing the venyks. It just means I don't enjoy moaning as much as others!!

The team and squad are good enough for the top six. Definitely. With the likes of Hanley, Dunn, Cairney, Evans, Rhodes, Gestede etc., we have enough certainly.

It needs a settled line-up, however, and the will to attack. As we won't win games by attempting to sit back on a lead.

REALISTICALLY Bowyer has done an unbelievable job and has made massive improvements on last season. And I honestly believe he can continue to make progress next season. Bowyer may be discussing playoffs in the lancashire telegraph but to think bowyer actually believes this is just naive. He has to come out and say crap like that just like every manager has to remain optimistic in front of the media.

I would say given the general negative consensus on this forum my point of view is refreshing. And just because I'd rather focus on the positive aspects of bowyer and blackburn in general does not constitute appeasing the venyks. It just means I don't enjoy moaning as much as others!!

An unbelievable job? 4-0 Bolton, 4-1 Forest, 1-2 Burnley in the last 6 weeks or so.

Why is it naive to target the playoffs? Just because you try to downplay expectations doesn't mean you are right. The side and squad are good enough for the playoffs in what is a weaker league than last year. We have some very good players at the club still.

The team and squad are good enough for the top six. Definitely. With the likes of Hanley, Dunn, Cairney, Evans, Rhodes, Gestede etc., we have enough certainly.

It needs a settled line-up, however, and the will to attack. As we won't win games by attempting to sit back on a lead.

An unbelievable job? 4-0 Bolton, 4-1 Forest, 1-2 Burnley in the last 6 weeks or so.

Why is it naive to target the playoffs? Just because you try to downplay expectations doesn't mean you are right. The side and squad are good enough for the playoffs in what is a weaker league than last year. We have some very good players at the club still.

Yes we've got the core to a promotion winning side but it will need more than 8 months to get them geling together. It's naive to think you can get a group of players together and get them competing straight away. And when I make reference to bowyers unbelievable job it's pretty obvious that I'm referring to the progress made in the space of 12 months and not individual games. By that logic I cold say 4-1 Bolton, 1-0 reading and 2-1 Leeds as justification as the good job he's doing (which I'm not) but I'm looking at the larger picture here. We've good players but to assume we can get promoted in there first season playing together is deluded

Correct me if I'm wrong but before the season started, certainly last season, people said this team isn't good enough for the play offs/promotion.

What has changed since then? For me it's the players GB has brought in - Cairney, Evans, Gestede lesser extent Conway & Spurr and also the massive amount of dross he's shifted out.

He has to have time with a settled squad, in my opinion of course.

However if we are judging him on a 'playoffs push' then yes he will fail to do so.

i say stay with bowyer. he has had ajob to do with regards to cutting the wage bill and to be fair to him he has done that. i do have my reservations over him tactically. to many times this season his teams or subsitiutions have cost us. bringing feeney on for dunn yesterday was a strange one but his reluctance to play tom cairney in center midfield continues to baffle me. he plays him out on the right far to often and he is wasted there.

As gutting as yesterday was i still feel bowyer has improved our squad as a whole in the last 12 months. cairney, evans and kilgallon have improved the team in my opinion and i still believe the likes of conway and marshall will prove to be good signings. although not all of his signing have been succesful i still feel hes moved us in right direction.

i genuinely think that if it had not been for 2 goalkeeping howlers we would have won that game comfortably yesterday and we would be all waxing lyrical about us getting into the play offs. we are still alittle bit sort of that at the minute but give bowyer another 12months and i think we be genuine contenders.

lets burnlley have there moment, trust normal service will be resumed over the next few seasons. keep the faith

Got to say Gary has signed a lot of poor players that dont add value to the team or the club. Plus what on earth was he thinking by giving Simon Eastwood an extended contract and If he thinks young Henley is good enough for his team then all we can do is wish

i say stay with bowyer. he has had ajob to do with regards to cutting the wage bill and to be fair to him he has done that. i do have my reservations over him tactically. to many times this season his teams or subsitiutions have cost us. bringing feeney on for dunn yesterday was a strange one but his reluctance to play tom cairney in center midfield continues to baffle me. he plays him out on the right far to often and he is wasted there.

As gutting as yesterday was i still feel bowyer has improved our squad as a whole in the last 12 months. cairney, evans and kilgallon have improved the team in my opinion and i still believe the likes of conway and marshall will prove to be good signings. although not all of his signing have been succesful i still feel hes moved us in right direction.

i genuinely think that if it had not been for 2 goalkeeping howlers we would have won that game comfortably yesterday and we would be all waxing lyrical about us getting into the play offs. we are still alittle bit sort of that at the minute but give bowyer another 12months and i think we be genuine contenders.

lets burnlley have there moment, trust normal service will be resumed over the next few seasons. keep the faith

Ok cutting the wage bill but if your reducing the playing quality at the same time then its a disastrous way to go.

he gets the Burnley job in the very near future.

why do people keep bringing out numbers like 6 months, 8 months etc to get a promotion winning team, if a manager is good enough, he will hit the ground running, a lot of examples of managers who get a promotion winning team, Houston at Newcastle got them promoted straight away, he hardly had any experience of management, Newcastle, like us were a club in turmoil, billy davies turned forest around as soon as he walked through the door, McLaren at derby, nigel clough at Sheffield utd, so many examples. If bowyer hasn't got it in him then he hasn't got it in him. Enough excuses already. he has done an ok job, no more, what makes people think all of a sudden rovers will be a top side next season, most of these players have had long enough working together to bring an end to the debate about 'team gelling'.

From Bowyer today

Bowyer said: “We’ve got to go again now, we’ve got to regroup.

“We’ve got 13 big games left and people will probably write us off from the play-offs because of this result.

“But that’s not the right thing to do because there’s only six points in it, we’ve got a game in hand on one or two teams around us and, as I say, there’s 13 games left.

“We’re now getting people back from injury and it’s important we keep them fit and get the others who are out back into contention and finish as strongly as we possibly can.”

Not sure what that proves - manager says we have to regroup and finish as high as possible given that we still have a theoretical chance of taking a playoff place. Not sure how it would have helped if he had come out and said "well that's us @#/? for this season" ;)

Not sure what that proves - manager says we have to regroup and finish as high as possible given that we still have a theoretical chance of taking a playoff place. Not sure how it would have helped if he had come out and said "well that's us keaned for this season" ;)

I posted in response to some posters saying this season was all about stability and not promotion, yet club officials have said on numerous occasions that promotion was a the priority

I posted in response to some posters saying this season was all about stability and not promotion, yet club officials have said on numerous occasions that promotion was a the priority

Not just club officials - it's still part of the marketing campaign.

07E18F18-7C28-4969-95C1-503049A1A2AD.png

Can't really blame Bowyer ,

Agent appointed to find buyer ,

Agent gets consortium of idiots with a plan to make dough on second rate players who just need a few prem games for value to rocket .

Agent finds safe bet of owners who he can sell the dream to .

Current owners Walkers trust take their money and run to never be heard from again nor care of what happens to the club.

Agent swiftly moves stability out of club and puts his own crew in , in every corner to ensure club is monopolised .

He even draws up the contracts to ensure no loup holes appear .

New owners sit back , take the spool whilst keeping eye on their other investments with their new found friends (although new being not quite true )

New empire don't give two monkeys about the club or indeed those who question the motive or their actions , they either sack them , or threaten their existence with far more brutal tactics.

fa and premier league see the writing on the wall but can't ever be seen to have allowed this , despite the warnings , the evidence and paper trail .

Money changing hands like a car auction, people positioning themselves for a piece of this cake which just never stops giving .

Internal infrastructure from top to bottom gaining with each deal , each stab of the knife and setting club up for at least another 4 years of profit for people but not for club .

Vector after vetoe , hot in the kitchen , the truth getting closer , but a divided supporter base preventing the a halt to the decline .

Lip service sent to contain the non loyal

Subjects who have dared to say no to the decline of Blackburn Rovers football club .

The Pune regime continue to ignore supporters , their thoughts , feelings , whilst continually allowing the club to be a cash cow for others .

Poor appointment after poor appointment , the more inexperienced the better , the blanket revolt against supporters who dare show any fight to say NO

The sale of the Crown Jewels

The signing of has beens and never have beens ,

The pay offs to ensure the truth is never heard , the blanket refusal to speak to supporters to ensure the questions can't be asked , the acceptance from some supporters that this is the hand we have been dealt .

Finally another appointment , another who will no doubt preach togetherness , forgiveness and look forwards rather than backwards .

To me it's simple the only ones I want to speak to , is those sat in Pune who have overseen our clubs decline . No one but them will do , we deserve the truth and we deserve the horses mouth .

You don't have to pay someone a couple of hundred thousand to contain supporters , it's simple , you came (occasionally ) , you saw (occasionally ) but the work here is by your hands as you have fed those and continue to feed those at the top table who have destroyed a club , I was once proud to call home

Agent gets consortium of idiots with a plan to make dough on second rate players who just need a few prem games for value to rocket .

Current owners Walkers trust take their money and run to never be heard from again nor care of what happens to the club.

Agent swiftly moves stability out of club and puts his own crew in , in every corner to ensure club is monopolised .

New owners sit back , take the spool whilst keeping eye on their other investments with their new found friends (although new being not quite true )

New empire don't give two monkeys about the club or indeed those who question the motive or their actions , they either sack them , or threaten their existence with far more brutal tactics.

fa and premier league see the writing on the wall but can't ever be seen to have allowed this , despite the warnings , the evidence and paper trail .

Money changing hands like a car auction, people positioning themselves for a piece of this cake which just never stops giving .

Internal infrastructure from top to bottom gaining with each deal , each stab of the knife and setting club up for at least another 4 years of profit for people but not for club .

Vector after vetoe , hot in the kitchen , the truth getting closer , but a divided supporter base preventing the a halt to the decline .

Subjects who have dared to say no to the decline of Blackburn Rovers football club .

The Pune regime continue to ignore supporters , their thoughts , feelings , whilst continually allowing the club to be a cash cow for others .

Poor appointment after poor appointment , the more inexperienced the better , the blanket revolt against supporters who dare show any fight to say NO

The pay offs to ensure the truth is never heard , the blanket refusal to speak to supporters to ensure the questions can't be asked , the acceptance from some supporters that this is the hand we have been dealt .

Finally another appointment , another who will no doubt preach togetherness , forgiveness and look forwards rather than backwards .

To me it's simple the only ones I want to speak to , is those sat in Pune who have overseen our clubs decline . No one but them will do , we deserve the truth and we deserve the horses mouth .

You don't have to pay someone a couple of hundred thousand to contain supporters , it's simple , you came (occasionally ) , you saw (occasionally ) but the work here is by your hands as you have fed those and continue to feed those at the top table who have destroyed a club , I was once proud to call home

Nice one Glen,

just a pity some on here as well other places can't see the writing on the wall

Trust if I dare mention Anderson's name I will be shot?

I also presume they still have an inner sanctum who are still feeding them bull, yet making money.

Are they really that thick?

Can they not see their baby has failed to grow, and indeed become malnourished?

Glen, do even they know the end game?

Who are they continuing to feed who helped destroy the club?

Are we talking about the renegade MD?

Archived