BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

The club is bust, even with the Raos on board, their only salvation is to get us to the PL, they have not got the know how to achieve that, so debt will just accumulate making the situation worse.

With the Raos in charge admin is coming make no mistake about that, the question then is, is it better with them or without them.

So realistically I would say go bust and get then out, can't see any other way,

unless you know of one

Unfortunately not but I don't believe there is one either.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Myth: Bowyer has steadied the ship.

Reality: The ship largely righted itself when confused of Pune stepped out of the limelight and Singh disappeared off to where ever he disappeared off to and Agnew was given the boot. He has had nowhere near the in-fighting and pantomime, back biting and PR wars that Berg and Appleton had. I'm not saying that they would have been good managers but they were hamstrung far more than Bowyer has been. On the back of two reasonable spells as caretaker, Bowyer's stock was raised and he has been given the benefit of the doubt at every backward step, and every cautious line-up, or negative substitution, to learn his trade at good old Rovers under the pretence of him having made us a 'normal club' (on the face of it) again. He has had more patience from fans than any manager I can remember and all because he the fans don't want to have yet another manager due to the last 3 years.

His record as full time manager is P36 W12 D12 L12 (33% win ratio). I'm not sure it's going to get much better without some serious help.

You either have a short memory or are taking the kean - the knives were out from day 1 with the "nice guy Gaz", "he's a coach not a manager" and the not stop references to him being "the cheap option" on top of the inevitable complaints about all of his signings and then the evolution into "we have a decent squad and a REAL manager would be getting more out of them"! 64 shots on goal in 4 games around christmas and the "negative tactics" epitet was spawned because we lost 1 and drew a couple of games.

Patience - cheers Stuart i needed a laugh after todays result :tu:

If someone (goodness knows who?) doesn't sit down in the summer and put together a better "plan" than the current one, we could be losing against North End. How would that feel?

It's all negative isn't it? We need something that tells the fans that there is a determination to sort the club out properly. I don't expect to either hear that, or see it though. Hence the negativity. All this money being wasted, Criminal.

I am more than a little confused - many people on here say that we have an average squad and need four or five new players - many also say that they expected mid-table from the start - yet here we are mid-table, outside chance of play-offs - and it is all Bowyer's fault ?

Good example - against Leeds we played three up front because of injuries - and then people say it is the injuries that forced his hand, nothing to do with his tactics. Today we have arguably our player of the season missing through injury (Cairney) - we have to throw in a new centre half (granted this in some way Bowyers fault for not getting cover) - Evans only just getting back to match sharpness - and Marshall and King unavailable due to injury - and it is the managers tactics at fault.

Leeds match - one of our best players was Williamson - who now gets so much stick on the MB.

Does anyone think that with a fully fit midfield including Cairney, Evans and Lowe - with King or Marshall to bring on - Killgallon available to play alongside Hanley the result would have been different today ?

Everybody calls Bowyer for his tactics - but today I watched him on the touchline continually encouraging the team to get forward.

Today in isolation, 2 things were totally pivotal in changing the game. - Rhodes missed and Dunn came off a couple of minutes later. Without that short passage of play we'd have won, no questions.

Until the dead hand of the Venkies is removed from the throat of our club we're going nowhere but down. Next season will be a relegation struggle because what bit of quality we have will be sold this summer as per usual. You can shout all you want for Bowyer's head on a spike but you won't get it. We are powerless.

My response to this is to vote with my feet. I'll be gone until they're gone. When the team is playing in front of an empty stadium they may decide to listen.

Until the dead hand of the Venkies is removed from the throat of our club we're going nowhere but down. Next season will be a relegation struggle because what bit of quality we have will be sold this summer as per usual. You can shout all you want for Bowyer's head on a spike but you won't get it. We are powerless.

My response to this is to vote with my feet. I'll be gone until they're gone. When the team is playing in front of an

emptstadium they may decide to listen.

Very true , that should have happenend when we were in the Prem but too many people sat on their hands and would not stand up and be counted .

Very true , that should have happenend when we were in the Prem but too many people sat on their hands and would not stand up and be counted .

The fans never had any power.

All the power was in the hands of Bald @#/? 1 and Fat @#/? 2. Bald @#/? one signs contracts, Fat @#/? 2 makes money the end.

I don't believe there's anything that can be done. If it's just down to financial support, we're unlikely to get better elsewhere IMO.

Income v expenditure etc.

That is never the case

Banksy's little girl

There is always hope

Burnley have stability. Team unchanged for the 6th succeessive game. A small squad where the manager knows his best team and each player gives his all in his best position.

A long way from where we are and we are a long way from from stability.

If someone (goodness knows who?) doesn't sit down in the summer and put together a better "plan" than the current one, we could be losing against North End. How would that feel?

It's all negative isn't it? We need something that tells the fans that there is a determination to sort the club out properly. I don't expect to either hear that, or see it though. Hence the negativity. All this money being wasted, Criminal.

The problem is that the current plan has not been communicated to the fans - hence many rumours and intrepretations of events. I see positive signs in that we seem to be making decisions to build a squad capable of challenging for playoffs/promotions whilst eradicating the remnats of "the lost years". The 60 million debt will rise to about 70m (imo) but stabilise at that level meaning it will require promotion or administration to erase it. Since the debt is to venkys then i struggle to see any reason for administration as they would be eliminating any chance of getting their money back. It is possible to get promoted on a break even budget - the question is whether Bowyer can do it?

In the Burnley dug out they have a bright confident strong willed leader -skies the limit. In Rovers dug out we have a nice guy who's a qualified youth team coach doing his very best but has obvious limitations. It reflects in the teams for sure. we are at the limit.

The problem is that the current plan has not been communicated to the fans - hence many rumours and intrepretations of events. I see positive signs in that we seem to be making decisions to build a squad capable of challenging for playoffs/promotions whilst eradicating the remnats of "the lost years". The 60 million debt will rise to about 70m (imo) but stabilise at that level meaning it will require promotion or administration to erase it. Since the debt is to venkys then i struggle to see any reason for administration as they would be eliminating any chance of getting their money back. It is possible to get promoted on a break even budget - the question is whether Bowyer can do it?

You really think we are building a promotion squad??? We are a million miles awy mate. We need players who can pass it rather than hoof it for starters.Its an apology of a playing squad.

Today was just the poignant reminder of everything we have all seen with our own eyes all year.

Its a downsizing of quality but bizarrely hardly a downsizing of cost. Its a complete clusterfeck of a club from top to bottom and terrible days like these will become more regular believe me.

I cannot find words to express my hatred for Venkys-today just brought all up to date in a single afternoon.

I do think we are building a squad capable of promotion.

If it is kept together for the whole of next season under Bowyer I think we could go up.

Whether finances prevent that is another matter. Fans slating Bowyer and venkys after every defeat won't help either.

I do think we are building a squad capable of promotion.

If it is kept together for the whole of next season under Bowyer I think we could go up.

Whether finances prevent that is another matter. Fans slating Bowyer and venkys after every defeat won't help either.

Bowyer is tactically inept and not good enough to get us out of this division that showed today. As for the Venkys every defeat at this level shows just how far we have fallen under them, they can't be slated enough for what they have done to this once proud and stable club and every defeat we suffer at this level is their fault due to the plethora of monumental cock ups that they have made.

Venkys put the club in adminstration and go ......

Stsrt again in the Conference if needs be !

I really cant believe that some fans want the club to go in Adminstration by end of this month.

Truly sad and very pathetic to see that some Rovers fans want this to happen. In my eyes you arent a TRUE Rovers fan. simple as.

IMO, This adminstration thing is very unlikely/zero chance of happening.

• Backroom

I wouldn't agree that their status as a fan is any less for that opinion Chaddy

But as awful as they are I personally would rather have the owners stay and stay in this league than them go and us go to the conference if the choice was either or

Mainly because we would more than likely be extinct within a few years if that happened

Burnley have stability. Team unchanged for the 6th succeessive game. A small squad where the manager knows his best team and each player gives his all in his best position.

A long way from where we are and we are a long way from from stability.

And yet with no stability and the rest of the turmoil we still could have got a result against the second best in the league. Well we would if the manager hadn't told every man to sit back and soak it up.

What current plan? Since you state that its "not been communicated to the fans" how do you know there is one?

We're winging it aren't we, making it up as we go along?

Bowyer is tactically inept and not good enough to get us out of this division that showed today. As for the Venkys every defeat at this level shows just how far we have fallen under them, they can't be slated enough for what they have done to this once proud and stable club and every defeat we suffer at this level is their fault due to the plethora of monumental cock ups that they have made.

Bowyer may not make it as a manager - but I think he could be learning. I agree his inexperience has cost us a lot of points this season - and If willow comes back into the team I may well slate him again myself ;) But he has had to overhaul the squad this season, and looking at the success a stable squad has brought leicester and burnley I would like to see him given next season - some of our best players weren't even here at the start of this pre-season - cairney, evans, gestede, conway.

As for venkys, as I have said on other threads, I am gutted they got us relegated and debt-ridden through their stupidity. I just think that financially we need them right now.

Just seen a picture of broken seats at ewood thanks to burnley fans. Bad end to a bad day.

Archived