BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

But he brought Dabo in who will never play so there must've been some cash available for a loan.

He does not make these decisions I am afraid. He is told who he can sign and who he has to sell. He manages the team, not the finances. Even that pillock who once tried to manage us, was blue in the case, making it clear he didn't sanction certain ins and outs. That's the problem, with all this, no manager would accept how the owners run this club. Bowyer was at the club and chose to step up to the plate when he was offered the managers job. He is definitely not in charge of transfers.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He does not make these decisions I am afraid. He is told who he can sign and who he has to sell. He manages the team, not the finances. Even that pillock who once tried to manage us, was blue in the case, making it clear he didn't sanction certain ins and outs. That's the problem, with all this, no manager would accept how the owners run this club. Bowyer was at the club and chose to step up to the plate when he was offered the managers job. He is definitely not in charge of transfers.

Judge , Marrow ,Taylor , Eastwood , Spurr , Kilgallon

Not Bowyer signings ?

So, he manages the team but doesn't get to choose who signs for that team?

Yet we signed Judge and Marrow who, if informed opinion is to be believed, were brought in because Bowyer had worked with them previously.

Is that not the case?

Judge , Marrow ,Taylor , Eastwood , Spurr , Kilgallon

Not Bowyer signings ?

No not a single one. I'm not saying he didn't agree to them, but no, he didn't choose them. The five Portugeezers and the current reserve keeper, were not even wanted by the manager at the time and neither was Myles. Sometimes decisions are made that the manager has to agree with and that's not just at Ewood.

Nonsense Marrow and Judge were certainly his signings as he worked with them at the lower levels and they are now out on loan at lower league clubs, I'd also imagine Marshall was his signing as McPhillips would have known him from Crewe and Kane (who is poor) was probably his signing as he managed the reserves against him. And the likes of Rudy, Evans, Cairney, Spurr and Kilgallon have been good signings if they weren't his signings then that his last redeeming gone (because the only plus point for me was the signings made) because his management of the team is very poor. Also chose to step up to the plate you make it sound like he's managing us for nothing out of the goodness of his heart, he's not he is being paid to do it and failing to achieve what he should. He is probably a nice bloke but football is a ruthless game and Bowyer needs to go.

Not convinced Spurr and Kilgallon were good ones , in Kilgallons defence he is ok but injury prone ...

I think Spurr is a steady full back at this level. And Kilgallon is a very good defender, I agree his injury prone but Bowyer knew that when he signed him.

you don't know if any of that is true, which is why the Raos have to go for the good of the club,

que the "we will be finished if they pull out" brigade

And your financial solution would be what yoda ? (Was that on cue?)

I agree with your sentiments ultimately but it's a ludicrous comment to make.

No not a single one. I'm not saying he didn't agree to them, but no, he didn't choose them. The five Portugeezers and the current reserve keeper, were not even wanted by the manager at the time and neither was Myles. Sometimes decisions are made that the manager has to agree with and that's not just at Ewood.

Who chooses them then?

The Rao's aren't, they have no knowledge of players.

And your financial solution would be what yoda ? (Was that on cue?)

I agree with your sentiments ultimately but it's a ludicrous comment to make.

depends on how they exit, which they will do, either after finding a buyer or after admin, then cue the 2 Ians or another entity,

That does not sound ludicrous to me, we are bust with them, bust without them seems a better option to me

Myth: Bowyer has steadied the ship.

Reality: The ship largely righted itself when confused of Pune stepped out of the limelight and Singh disappeared off to where ever he disappeared off to and Agnew was given the boot. He has had nowhere near the in-fighting and pantomime, back biting and PR wars that Berg and Appleton had. I'm not saying that they would have been good managers but they were hamstrung far more than Bowyer has been. On the back of two reasonable spells as caretaker, Bowyer's stock was raised and he has been given the benefit of the doubt at every backward step, and every cautious line-up, or negative substitution, to learn his trade at good old Rovers under the pretence of him having made us a 'normal club' (on the face of it) again. He has had more patience from fans than any manager I can remember and all because he the fans don't want to have yet another manager due to the last 3 years.

His record as full time manager is P36 W12 D12 L12 (33% win ratio). I'm not sure it's going to get much better without some serious help.

Can't believe that people on here are saying he needs someone to come in and help him with tactics. If a manager needs help with tactics then clearly he is in the wrong profession.

I have suggested that a couple of times in response to the widely held opinion that Bowyer is a good coach, today Burnley finished stronger and fitter, so what exactly is he coaching?

Reality: The ship largely righted itself when confused of Pune stepped out of the limelight and Singh disappeared off to where ever he disappeared off to and Agnew was given the boot. He has had nowhere near the in-fighting and pantomime, back biting and PR wars that Berg and Appleton had. I'm not saying that they would have been good managers but they were hamstrung far more than Bowyer has been. On the back of two reasonable spells as caretaker, Bowyer's stock was raised and he has been given the benefit of the doubt at every backward step, and every cautious line-up, or negative substitution, to learn his trade at good old Rovers under the pretence of him having made us a 'normal club' (on the face of it) again. He has had more patience from fans than any manager I can remember and all because he the fans don't want to have yet another manager due to the last 3 years.

His record as full time manager is P36 W12 D12 L12 (33% win ratio). I'm not sure it's going to get much better without some serious help.

Mid table mediocrity

depends on how they exit, which they will do, either after finding a buyer or after admin, then cue the 2 Ians or another entity,

That does not sound ludicrous to me, we are bust with them, bust without them seems a better option to me

You clearly know more than I.

Finding a buyer..... Where do you look to find an alternative to what we already have? After all it's a price based on now not what was.

I'd only think of Mssrs Battersby and Currie as an ultimate salvation after' the worst', they (nor anyone else in East Lancs IMO) have either the financial means or the stupidity to chuck millions at Rovers/down the drain chasing a pipe dream.

We need to follow a similar financial model of 'that lot up the road' and not be reliant on hand outs if we're to have a sustainable future. Despite who the owners are.

You clearly know more than I.

Finding a buyer..... Where do you look to find an alternative to what we already have? After all it's a price based on now not what was.

I'd only think of Mssrs Battersby and Currie as an ultimate salvation after' the worst', they (nor anyone else in East Lancs IMO) have either the financial means or the stupidity to chuck millions at Rovers/down the drain chasing a pipe dream.

We need to follow a similar financial model of 'that lot up the road' and not be reliant on hand outs if we're to have a sustainable future. Despite who the owners are.

How can we follow that example ?

I can understand the frustration but I still believe GB is the right man for the job. I don't think we will reach the play offs this season but I expect us to have a right good go next season.

The turn around in players this season has been crazy. He has had to put right a hell of a lot of mistakes that were made by the likes of Kean and Shebby.

I think he has brought some good young players in and he has said on numerous occasions that it would take 3 transfer windows to get the squad settled and I think he should be given the chance.

You know full well the point I was making. I guarantee a sugar daddy won't be a future option, what would you realistically suggest?

The club is bust, even with the Raos on board, their only salvation is to get us to the PL, they have not got the know how to achieve that, so debt will just accumulate making the situation worse.

With the Raos in charge admin is coming make no mistake about that, the question then is, is it better with them or without them.

So realistically I would say go bust and get then out, can't see any other way,

unless you know of one

I can understand the frustration but I still believe GB is the right man for the job. I don't think we will reach the play offs this season but I expect us to have a right good go next season.

The turn around in players this season has been crazy. He has had to put right a hell of a lot of mistakes that were made by the likes of Kean and Shebby.

I think he has brought some good young players in and he has said on numerous occasions that it would take 3 transfer windows to get the squad settled and I think he should be given the chance.

Bowyer picks the team and subs each week but he seems unable to change things effectively when circumstances require it.

I am more than a little confused - many people on here say that we have an average squad and need four or five new players - many also say that they expected mid-table from the start - yet here we are mid-table, outside chance of play-offs - and it is all Bowyer's fault ?

Good example - against Leeds we played three up front because of injuries - and then people say it is the injuries that forced his hand, nothing to do with his tactics. Today we have arguably our player of the season missing through injury (Cairney) - we have to throw in a new centre half (granted this in some way Bowyers fault for not getting cover) - Evans only just getting back to match sharpness - and Marshall and King unavailable due to injury - and it is the managers tactics at fault.

Leeds match - one of our best players was Williamson - who now gets so much stick on the MB.

Does anyone think that with a fully fit midfield including Cairney, Evans and Lowe - with King or Marshall to bring on - Killgallon available to play alongside Hanley the result would have been different today ?

Everybody calls Bowyer for his tactics - but today I watched him on the touchline continually encouraging the team to get forward.

I think the only thing I can say that I haven't already said, is the whole 2010-13 process has changed the way the fans look at the managers work and the speed in which they seek a change...

...And who can blame them!

Archived