BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

Both the Walkers and Venky's have been poorly advised and their business acumen can be seriously called into question.

Had the Walkers stayed patient, maintained the existing business model, continued to lose circa 3 million per year in the PL, then the new tv deal would have guaranteed a sale price that dwarfed by 2 or 3 times the one they ultimately received.

On buying such a bargain, if keeping SA and maintaining the 3 million losing business model and remaining in the PL, the Venky's would now have income of 100 plus million and turnover around 50 to 55 million.

50+ million losses over 2/3 years would be replaced with 40 million per year profits.

Brain dead the lot of them. We all knew a new tv deal was in the offing. I would imagine financiers in both parties are a bit frustrated!!!!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack couldn't have done anything with Fred's money Gord - and I am thankful for what Jack did as you know. However, we're not talking about Jack's contribution. Do you think Jack would have stopped all funding to the club for three years - AND sold it to Mrs Desai? Of course you don't.

Sorry for diverting the thread.

I'm pretty sure that when they sold Walkers Jack and Fred's monies were separated. It was Jack's legacy not Fred's

It is their money remember.

To both you and Stuart, I point out the distinction between a "legal obligation" and a "moral obligation".

In today's society, it seems only the first one counts. We are all the worse for it.

I thought this was the Bowyer thread.

Just to say the guy screwed up big time last weekend and lost a bit of my respect as a result.

He needs to show the players who is the gaffer after that no show.

He has to have the bottle to drop the perrenial weak links and the mettle to get the team motivated.

Prove me wrong Mr Nice Guy

So we recruit 4 players

Varney, Conway, Keane and now Feeney.

Yet none in the part of the field where the game is won and lost and where the team is at its weakest.

The central midfield of Lowe and Williamson will still be there if we drop into the relegation spots.

The are above accountability by the looks of this.

• Backroom

I have faith he will motivate them well tomorrow along with Dunny, hopefully that will be enough to overcome the tactical nouse of Dyche

He may find himself on the end of some unwanted attention if we lose which isn't right really in the grand scheme of being a manager it's another game

I have faith he will motivate them well tomorrow along with Dunny, hopefully that will be enough to overcome the tactical nouse of Dyche

He may find himself on the end of some unwanted attention if we lose

which isn't right really in the grand scheme of being a manager it's another game

2 defeats to local rivals , tactically poor signing 2 loan players before a game , cos we have only 2 centre halves on the books ...Far too negative in his approach !

Nice chap is Mr Bowyer but a one dimensional manager who will take us nowhere. Ship him out ASAP.

Lose tomorrow and that might happen.....GB, are you reading this?

GB has brought a modicum of stability to our club. If there's anything I dislike it's supporters threatening their manager with the sack. Get off his back. Let us look long term.

What do you want? Kean, Berg or Appleton back with Barry White parading round the pitch again?

GB has brought a modicum of stability to our club. If there's anything I dislike it's supporters threatening their manager with the sack. Get off his back. Let us look long term.

What do you want? Kean, Berg or Appleton back with Barry White parading round the pitch again?

Barry White only paraded once

No, a manager with experience, respect and someone who can command the players respect and is not ridiciliously negative and tactically naive.

And who do you suggest?

Stability? Sorry but I want someone to take the Club forward not a short term steady Eddie who has my Team playing poo week after week. Carry on with GB and we will have <8K on next season.

It wasn't a threat in the slightest.....I don't have that power. The Loons hold the sword of Damocles. Just saying they might well sack him, they have form......I'm sure he knows how much this means.....don't assume.

No, a manager with experience, respect and someone who can command the players respect and is not ridiciliously negative and tactically naive.

The players do respect Bowyer. all you got to do is listened to players interview and why players like Cairney and Conway have signed for Rovers.

who are these managers with experience??? name some please

Like Kamy has said a number of times that with Venkys reputation in the footballing world the only type of managers Rovers would get with be desperado managers like Alex McLeish or Owen Coyle. no thanks.

Stability? Sorry but I want someone to take the Club forward not a short term steady Eddie who has my Team playing poo week after week. Carry on with GB and we will have <8K on next season.

Preston Blue, you need to have stability first before you can move the club forward. Bowyer is trying to rebuild a football team after 3 years of turmoil previously. this take time and patience is needed by fans but some fans don't see this or don't want to allow Bowyer time for some reason.

Bowyer is building a good squad here that is challenging for 6th place and hopefully we will get it. If we don't, allow Bowyer next season to get us challenging for promotion. we have a good squad(around 16 or 17 players) that will be better next season after playing together for a full season or this season and with 4 or 5 good additions to the squad should have is challenging for top 6.

The trouble is Chaddy, some people applaud all the decisions the club makes. Then when they turn out to be as crap as we predicted and those decisions are overturned, they applaud that too!

Rovers can do no wrong in your eyes. That's good in one way because every club needs some supporters with that sort of mindless loyalty.

I don't agree with all Bowyers tactics - but what I find frustrating is thst some people on here don't give him credit when he does get it right. Bottom line we have been extremely unlucky with injuries this season and have virtually rebuilt the squad in less than a season - IMO he deserves more time irrespective of tomorrows result.

a lot of teams can talk about injuries, why should rovers be any different, yes, he has rebuilt the squad but they are his players and how long are we going to use the whole 'rebuilding the squad' thing? he has done an ok job but not the 'miraculous' job some on here keep talking about, dyche has worked miracles at burnley on a smaller budget, having lost their star striker in the summer, McLaren turned derby around in a short space of time, would you say derby have a better squad than rovers? lets not put him on a pedestal, he has made plenty of wrong decisions and is not immune to criticism.

The players do respect Bowyer. all you got to do is listened to players interview and why players like Cairney and Conway have signed for Rovers.

who are these managers with experience??? name some please

Like Kamy has said a number of times that with Venkys reputation in the footballing world the only type of managers Rovers would get with be desperado managers like Alex McLeish or Owen Coyle. no thanks.

Preston Blue, you need to have stability first before you can move the club forward. Bowyer is trying to rebuild a football team after 3 years of turmoil previously. this take time and patience is needed by fans but some fans don't see this or don't want to allow Bowyer time for some reason.

Bowyer is building a good squad here that is challenging for 6th place and hopefully we will get it. If we don't, allow Bowyer next season to get us challenging for promotion. we have a good squad(around 16 or 17 players) that will be better next season after playing together for a full season or this season and with 4 or 5 good additions to the squad should have is challenging for top 6.

That is a load of rubbish, good managers would apply or be persuaded by money, stop being deluded. Simon Grayson would be good. Souness, Di Matteo, Mackay, Zola, Hoddle, O'Driscoll. Some of them would come.

If all you want is stability you could get any manager and not sack him and that would equal stability. We have talent yet our manager is refusing to allow it to flourish, shown by the fact that he plays 2 poor central midfelders and our most creative player out wide.

He's signed some good players as well as some crap but I don't think he is getting the best from them and I don't think everything he does is perfect like you.

There are many fans who think GB is not good enough and call for his head. Equally, there are many who claim he is a top young manager, performing miracles against the odds in an impossible situation....

Then there are the rest of us who think he has shown ability in his 1st job, whilst at the same time becoming increasingly frustrated by his conservative tactics when the squad appears to suit a more attacking, positive approach, as witnessed in a number of away victories.

We are prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and can see that he has been tasked with cost reductions and developing stability.

If we are losing heavily in so many games in 12 months time, his days will be numbered but the usually silent majority will stick with him at least til Christmas.

Archived