BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

That is a load of rubbish, good managers would apply or be persuaded by money, stop being deluded. Simon Grayson would be good. Souness, Di Matteo, Mackay, Zola, Hoddle, O'Driscoll. Some of them would come.

If all you want is stability you could get any manager and not sack him and that would equal stability. We have talent yet our manager is refusing to allow it to flourish, shown by the fact that he plays 2 poor central midfelders and our most creative player out wide.

He's signed some good players as well as some crap but I don't think he is getting the best from them and I don't think everything he does is perfect like you.

you honestly think Di Matteo or Mackay or Hoddle would come here then??? Roversfan99 you are deluded with that list of managers if you think even 2 of them would come here.

Di Matteo is still payed by Chelsea and his 130k wages a week by Chelsea. and you think he would come here. haha.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/13/chelsea-still-paying-roberto-di-matteo-130000-week

Mackay and Hoddle defo wouldn't come here. and would want too high wages aswell. Mackay is supposedly in line for the Norwich manager job according to press reports.

Souness has said a number of times he doesn't want to be manager again. said it on Sky Sports.

O'Driscoll is decent but nothing special. did an awful job at Bristol City and had them bottom 4 in League 1. so no thanks

Grayson is decent choice but nothing special.

RoversFan99, I have NEVER said Bowyer is perfect at all but yet AGAIN you always just read what you want as per usual for you.

I have crictised Bowyer for not bring in centre back in January before the window closes. also the signings of Marrow, Songo'o, Dabo.

but also praised him for the signings of Cairney, Evans, Marshall, Gestede, Kilgallon, Spurr, Conway. plus the loan signing of Keane is a good one. shame it wasn't done in January but it wasn't.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only type of managers Rovers would get with be desperado managers like Alex McLeish or Owen Coyle. no thanks.

Owen Coyle does have experience at getting a club promoted, regardless of his failings at Wigan and Bolton... Not my choice but just saying...

I don't agree with all Bowyers tactics - but what I find frustrating is thst some people on here don't give him credit when he does get it right. Bottom line we have been extremely unlucky with injuries this season and have virtually rebuilt the squad in less than a season - IMO he deserves more time irrespective of tomorrows result.

I've been one of his biggest critics but have aways given credit when he's won games... Unfortunately, the only time games he's really got it right this season are Leeds away and Bolton at Home... Most other games have been very unconvincing. I'm willing to give him more time, although looking at our performances, I don't he's earned it.

There's plenty of good managers we could get in with top level experience and in some cases they have got sides out of the second tier Steve Clark, Alex McLeish, Malky Mackay (or if as Chaddy said he is off to Norwich then Chris Hughton), Neil Warnock, David O'Leary and Brian Little are all available. Or if the club don't go down that route of a manager with higher league experience there are some good managers in the leagues below us the ones that spring to mind are Dean Smith, Steve Evans, Karl Robinson and Gary Rowett.

Fact is there are plenty of employed and / or experienced managers around who would love our job. Dyche sold Austin for £4m, and brought in 6 free transfers. Contrast that to Bowyer who has signed either permanently or on loan 21 players so far (by my count).

who are these managers with experience??? name some please

Why do you keep repeating the same lines over and over? You are not an idiot. This time last week I provided a long list of just the out of work ones, yet you default back to the same tired lines week after week.

There's plenty of good managers we could get in with top level experience and in some cases they have got sides out of the second tier Steve Clark, Alex McLeish, Malky Mackay (or if as Chaddy said he is off to Norwich then Chris Hughton), Neil Warnock, David O'Leary and Brian Little are all available. Or if the club don't go down that route of a manager with higher league experience there are some good managers in the leagues below us the ones that spring to mind are Dean Smith, Steve Evans, Karl Robinson and Gary Rowett.

Coax SAF out of retirement and some of our lot would still want him sacked if we lost two matches on the spin.

Most Rovers fans are still behind Bowyer but if there is negative tactics and an a surrender like last week then I can see most turning against him today.

Since Christmas when Rovers where in a position to kick on for a promotion charge he seems to have got a lot of major decisions wrong.

Today is a watershed. If we win, the pressure from a lot of fans will ease and he'll be given more time. Gets this one wrong, I can see him getting the bullet. Any coincidence that we have a D of Comms in place for today's game.

Most Rovers fans are still behind Bowyer but if there is negative tactics and an a surrender like last week then I can see most turning against him today.

Since Christmas when Rovers where in a position to kick on for a promotion charge he seems to have got a lot of major decisions wrong.

Today is a watershed. If we win, the pressure from a lot of fans will ease and he'll be given more time. Gets this one wrong, I can see him getting the bullet. Any coincidence that we have a D of Comms in place for today's game.

It's a good point. Rovers fans have been very patient with Bowyer. Largely down to how bad his 3 predecessors were. Many of those backing Bowyer - despite his negativity - are probably more fearful of who they (Shaw) would replace him with. We stumbled upon stability by accident and because Bowyer was prepared to make the trips to India, and probably gets paid a lot less than Allardyce or even Kean was.

Let's be fair, we could have easily picked up the likes of Steve Bruce or Steve Maclaran before they went to their current clubs. The fans on here would have been in absolute uproar if we had gone for either of them, yet they haven't done too bad.

I would also imagine that Rosler not Dyche would not have been a popular choice before they joined their current clubs. Yet they have both been excellent choices for their current clubs.

Most Rovers fans are still behind Bowyer but if there is negative tactics and an a surrender like last week then I can see most turning against him today.Since Christmas when Rovers where in a position to kick on for a promotion charge he seems to have got a lot of major decisions wrong.Today is a watershed. If we win, the pressure from a lot of fans will ease and he'll be given more time. Gets this one wrong, I can see him getting the bullet. Any coincidence that we have a D of Comms in place for today's game.

In my opinion sacking bowyer would be a huge mistake.

His negativity drives me mad too - but we were positive when evans and cairney were both fit - and for the first time since bournemouth away we will have them both back soon.

I think bowyers blindness to willow's faults is one of his few failings

Let's be fair, we could have easily picked up the likes of Steve Bruce or Steve Maclaran before they went to their current clubs. The fans on here would have been in absolute uproar if we had gone for either of them, yet they haven't done too bad.

I would also imagine that Rosler not Dyche would not have been a popular choice before they joined their current clubs. Yet they have both been excellent choices for their current clubs.

A lot of Burnley fans did not want Dyche. They saw him as the cheap option. Di Canio was idolised when he went to Sunderland. Popular managers don't always work, but managers who have a track record of obtaining what you require is about as good as guide any. Both McLaren and Bruce have done it at this level.

Sounds like I'm wanting Neil Warnock...........

.......I don't!

In my opinion sacking bowyer would be a huge mistake.

His negativity drives me mad too - but we were positive when evans and cairney were both fit - and for the first time since bournemouth away we will have them both back soon.

I think bowyers blindness to willow's faults is one of his few failings

Up until this week I'd have agreed with you, but if there is no positive response to last week and to who our opponents are then questions have to be asked.

I'm not talking about if we get beat, which looking at league tables there is a good chance, I'm talking if the team goes down with a wimper, no passion or no pride!

Up until this week I'd have agreed with you, but if there is no positive response to last week and to who our opponents are then questions have to be asked.I'm not talking about if we get beat, which looking at league tables there is a good chance, I'm talking if the team goes down with a wimper, no passion or no pride!

Having come up here yesterday and stayed over to make sure I make the match I admit I will be royally f...annoyed if we don't show passion

At first I liked bowyer but he really annoys me now. On the radio he normally will blame the referee for the poor performance of the players also he just keeps playing his best friend Jason Lowe (one of the worst footballers to ever where a rovers shirt) week in, week out, even if he has had a usual shocking game. If we lose to burnley today then I think he should be sacked.

I would also imagine that Rosler not Dyche would not have been a popular choI remember the rumour when we stood outside the enteranice before they joined their current clubs. Yet they have both been excellent choices for their current clubs.

i remember the night we were outside the players enterance after the bolton game in the prem and the rumour went round kean had gone and bruce was in the ground..how we wished.

O'Leary has been out of management a long time now sadly. did a good job at Villa and Leeds tho. would be decent choice.

Brian Little??? haven't heard his name for long term. his last job was manager of Gainsborough Trinity in the conference north. was sacked there in 2011.

Chris Hughton is a good shout tbh. experience at this level. if Norwich do sack him. been rumoured for a couple of weeks.

hasn't Warnock already said that he is done as football manager. sure he said it on Talksport about 3 or 4 months ago.

Dean Smith and Gary Rowett have done a very good job as manager at their clubs but not sure what they would do different to Bowyer tbh.

O'Leary has been out of management a long time now sadly. did a good job at Villa and Leeds tho. would be decent choice.

Brian Little??? haven't heard his name for long term. his last job was manager of Gainsborough Trinity in the conference north. was sacked there in 2011.

Chris Hughton is a good shout tbh. experience at this level. if Norwich do sack him. been rumoured for a couple of weeks.

hasn't Warnock already said that he is done as football manager. sure he said it on Talksport about 3 or 4 months ago.

Dean Smith and Gary Rowett have done a very good job as manager at their clubs but not sure what they would do different to Bowyer tbh.

Problem is Chaddy, you ask for alternatives then shoot every one of them down. So I guess in your world, there is no-one on the planet who would come to Rovers, who's better than Bowyer?

Guest Norbert

Yep. Get rid of him. I backed him for a while, but the failure to grab games by the balls and go for it has cost us a play off place. Don't care who takes over.

Archived